Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Those the Gods wish to destroy......

If the Gods punish hubris in the (classical sense) with madness and finally nemesis and most medieval Alchemists were monotheist. Did they receive madness and death rather than the stone I wonder. This is just a rhetorical question, as a magician i have experienced things that some would consider supernatural and frightening, it is important to check carefully. Now I am doing more Alchemy rather than Spagyrics the same care and attention is applied as I give to the art of evocation.

Blog Entries
    Madness is contentment for the profane, empty and plastic. Madness is apathy for suffering. Madness is greed over love. Madness is fear.

This is madness to me... and it seems most people are somewhat mad. Society is extremly mad.

An alchemist lost in the chase for the Stone to make gold is, IMO, utterly mad.

But to all these mad people I would be considered mad for my own outlook on what is mad.

------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are asking because you are feeling "mad" or that you are "dying", then I think it would be healthy to stop whatever you are doing and look at it unbiased, if possible, because what is mad to some, is sane to others. If that is not what you are asking then your guess is as good as mine.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

I'm not mad or dying, aphorisms can be a heritage of wisdom. I'm not shitposting here.

I have seen several examples of the Gods slowly destroying a person in the magic and sorcery fields due to hubris. I'm wondering if this happens in Alchemy or do they just poison themselves instead

Does one look at madness from a subjective view, internally towards oneself or in an objective way comparing oneself to others and what may be considered the norm?

What is my humanity compared to the humanity of the whole world population?

Brownian motion comes to mind here. Look at a snow globe and try to watch one particular piece of artificial snow as it travels around the globe...

This is what it is like trying to personalise one's own sanity, it matters little as it is soaked up in the whole.

Ghislain

Reality as it is, is too complex for us to grasp and understand it. So we do tend to simply a lot of things simplify because we have to. Now if you go about living in this world as an atheist, i believe its fair to compare that as simply floating in the ocean. You have no idea which way is the correct way or if there even is such a thing, you have no clue whats below you, whats lurking etc. in short, you are a lose screw in what appears to be an infinite cruel universe of randomness, with no Central Authority so to speak. Thus you will fall prey to ideologies that ultimately lead to the "destruction" of your psyche from my point of view, should you look at them logically. Natural selection is one of them. Morality doesn't exist other than as a deal between people of a certain society. There is no reason not to give into your passions or your animal instincts. We all walk in this life with certain beliefs, all of which arise from certain axioms we chose to live by. However, living by the axiom that leads to a "satanic" view of the world, a cruel, materialistic, survival of the fittest game thats simply a random effect of a meaningless universe, and you are nothing but a tiny spec of dust within an indifferent cosmos, and your actions and life itself are also meaningless is so cruel that its impossible for our being to bare. Thus we are lead to madness eventually, and i believe that to be the reason we don't act on logic 24/7.
    Last edited by Amon; 06-29-2017 at 08:47 PM. Reason: grammatical error

Quote Originally Posted by Amon View Post
    Reality as it is, is too complex for us to grasp and understand it. So we do tend to simply a lot of things simplify because we have to. Now if you go about living in this world as an atheist, i believe its fair to compare that as simply floating in the ocean. You have no idea which way is the correct way or if there even is such a thing, you have no clue whats below you, whats lurking etc. in short, you are a lose screw in what appears to be an infinite cruel universe of randomness, with no Central Authority so to speak. Thus you will fall prey to ideologies that ultimately lead to the "destruction" of your psyche from my point of view, should you look at them logically. Natural selection is one of them. Morality doesn't exist other than as a deal between people of a certain society. There is no reason not to give into your passions or your animal instincts. We all walk in this life with certain beliefs, all of which arise from certain axioms we chose to live by. However, living by the axiom that leads to a "satanic" view of the world, a cruel, materialistic, survival of the fittest game thats simply a random effect of a meaningless universe, and you are nothing but a tiny spec of dust within an indifferent cosmos, and your actions and life itself are also meaningless is so cruel that its impossible for our being to bare. Thus we are lead to madness eventually, and i believe that to be the reason we don't act on logic 24/7.
    While I do not necessarily agree 100% with this, this is a nicely written musing that makes a lot of sense to me. Thanks for sharing, Amon!

Post modernism fits fairly well into the above so this provides a good criticism of the type of extreme behaviour lampooned by the online meme of KEK:

https://youtu.be/cruRyoo2xiE

This I feel is just part of one duality and there are many such dualities. In this instance the Christian fundamentalist right wing, a large component of what has become the Alt-Right. Anti-abortion, go to hell if the nicene creed is not accepted, homosexuals will go to hell and various other reprehensible values etc etc. In my view also daft and gradually being sent mad by the Gods.

And yet the KEK meme relates to a frog Diety from ancient Egypt which has analogies I think with the Greek god of witches Hecate. Perhaps an aspect of the alt-right thinking they are doing an online campaign are actualy being given the chance to return to having contact with the Gods.
    Last edited by Axismundi000; 06-30-2017 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Praise KEK, Down with the Sorosian oppressors: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Blog Entries
    Yes I too think Pepe could be an avatar of an ancient God of Egypt. We must remember that SJW sprung up because of conservative ideas that has now been understood to be irrelevant. But as SJW grew in power it is only natural that it will create Alt-Right to make sure it does not go too far (this wave-like nature of conscious evolution has been going on for a long time). The cosmos likes balance, and when something is in perfect harmony, the perfect musical note will be heard.

That is why SJW and Alt-Right should join hands and look up at the stars.

I love Trump btw, because I prefer an obvious moron to a well-spoken murdering scumbag like Obama. It does not matter who is President. They all suck, but at least now we have somone most people can agree is a moron. Humanity thrives from danger (always have), and humantiy missed the Bush years.

Atheism, veganism and such things are similar to fundamentalism. And religions with ONE god tend to be more fundamentalistic. What works in Nature is diversity. The game is survival of the most fit to co-operate. That's the way towards sanity IMO. It is also the way indigenous cultures have lived for thousands of years (diversity/co-operation/pantheon of gods - all part of the One).

We got to go tribal in any way, shape or form.

Last edited by Awani; 06-30-2017 at 09:13 AM. Reason: add
    Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Axismundi000 View Post
    I think that existence contains numerous dualities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich View Post
    What is the difference between 'multiple possibilities' and 'multiple dualities"?
    It seems you are not interested at in the question but prefer to start one of your own may I suggest initiating a fresh thread were I would participate.
    You guys are so funny/childish here about starting new threads. It cracks me up!

It took you more effort, time, and energy to reply with your 'start a new thread' response than it did to answer my question outright
    What is the difference between 'numerous dualities' and 'numerous realities' with regard to the gods wishing to destroy?
    ...No real idea what you are asking.
    This I feel is just part of one duality and there are many such dualities.
    Axis, for "not understanding" and being as intelligent as you are, you sure do use the word 'dualities' a lot...
    What, in your opinion, is the difference between 'many such dualities' and 'many such realities'?

Post modernism fits fairly well into the above so this provides a good criticism of the type of extreme behaviour lampooned by the online meme of KEK.

And yet the KEK meme relates to a frog Diety from ancient Egypt which has analogies I think with the Greek god of witches Hecate. Perhaps an aspect of the alt-right thinking they are doing an online campaign are actualy being given the chance to return to having contact with the Gods.
    While your input here is certainly (as always) appreciated, you are well...completely wrong

KEK is derived from a misspelling of the popular acronym LOL, meaning to "Laugh Out Loud".

See http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/kek if you would like to see a complete and accurate history of the acronym KEK.

“Kek” is a translation of the acronym “LOL” (laugh out loud) when reading text written by members of the Horde faction as an Alliance player in the online multiplayer game World of Warcraft (WoW). “Kek” is also associated with the unrelated Turkish snack food Topkek, which is often discussed on the /s4s/ (Shit 4chan Says) board on 4chan.

The term has its origins in the Korean language, as the onomatopoeia ㅋㅋㅋ, in which ㅋ stands for the “k” sounds, like in raspy, stifled laughter. In the real-time strategy game Starcraft, because the game originally did not support the Korean language, the onomatopoeia was written as “Kekeke” which can be translated to “Hahaha” in English.
    In the online multiplayer role-playing game WoW, released on November 23rd, 2004, players can choose to play on either the Alliance or Horde factions, which are considered enemies within the game’s universe. Players of separate factions are unable to communicate with one-another, as their typed text is run through an in-game translator. For players of the Horde faction, typing the letters “LOL” results in members of the Alliance faction reading “KEK”.

On March 22nd, 2005, Urban Dictionary user drat submitted an entry for the word “kek,” defining it as “’lol’ in Orcish.” On June 19th, 2007, Yahoo Answers member Mr. Questionair submitted a question about cross-faction communication, to which user ArcadianStormcrow replied that when Horde players speak the word “lol,” it shows up as “kek” for Alliance players. On April 4th, 2008, a thread was submitted to the Gamespot Forums which included mentions of “kek” and “lol” among other faction translations. On June 24th, 2009, Wow Insider published an article on communicating with enemies, noting that saying “kek” as an Alliance player will not translate as “lol” to a Horde player. On February 16th, 2010, Wowhead Forums member sistereinstein submitted a thread asking if “kek” was a new slang term for “LOL.” On September 2nd, 2011, an entry for “kek” was submitted to the slang website Internet Slang, defining it as “LOL in WOW.”

Also, the "frog Diety from ancient Egypt" (Lolwtf!) that you refer to has nothing to do with ancient Egypt, nor is he a "frog Deity". Pepe The Frog is a meme. See http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/pepe-the-frog

Pepe the Frog is an anthropomorphic frog character from the comic series Boy’s Club by Matt Furie. On 4chan, various illustrations of the frog creature have been used as reaction faces, including Feels Good Man, Sad Frog, Angry Pepe, Smug Frog and Well Meme’d.

In 2005, artist Matt Furie created the comic series Boy’s Club, which stars the teenage monster characters Pepe, Brett, Andy and Landwolf.

In early 2008, a comic in which Pepe pulls his pants down to his ankles in order to urinate was popularized on 4chan’s /b/, (random) board, along with the expression “Feels good man.”

Throughout 2008, Pepe was mostly associated with the “Feels Good Man” reaction image. In 2009, an edited version featuring a distraught-looking Pepe with the caption “Feels bad man” began circulating as a reaction image on 4chan and the Body Building Forums. On January 25th, 2011, an interview with Furie was published on Know Your Meme, in which he discussed the origins of Pepe the Frog. On June 13th, 2014, the PepeTheFrogBlog Tumblr blog was launched. On July 23rd, the Pepe the Frog Instagram feed was created. On October 25th, the /r/pepethefrog subreddit was launched for content featuring the frog character. On December 7th, a Facebook page for “Pepe the Frog” was created. On December 18th, the PepeTheFrogNet Tumblr[ blog was launched.

learn2internetbro

+ Reply to Thread