Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Those the Gods wish to destroy......

Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich View Post
    While your input here is certainly (as always) appreciated, you are well...completely wrong

KEK is derived from a misspelling of the popular acronym LOL, meaning to "Laugh Out Loud".

See http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/kek if you would like to see a complete and accurate history of the acronym KEK.

“Kek” is a translation of the acronym “LOL” (laugh out loud) when reading text written by members of the Horde faction as an Alliance player in the online multiplayer game World of Warcraft (WoW). “Kek” is also associated with the unrelated Turkish snack food Topkek, which is often discussed on the /s4s/ (Shit 4chan Says) board on 4chan.

The term has its origins in the Korean language, as the onomatopoeia ㅋㅋㅋ, in which ㅋ stands for the “k” sounds, like in raspy, stifled laughter. In the real-time strategy game Starcraft, because the game originally did not support the Korean language, the onomatopoeia was written as “Kekeke” which can be translated to “Hahaha” in English.
    In the online multiplayer role-playing game WoW, released on November 23rd, 2004, players can choose to play on either the Alliance or Horde factions, which are considered enemies within the game’s universe. Players of separate factions are unable to communicate with one-another, as their typed text is run through an in-game translator. For players of the Horde faction, typing the letters “LOL” results in members of the Alliance faction reading “KEK”.

On March 22nd, 2005, Urban Dictionary user drat submitted an entry for the word “kek,” defining it as “’lol’ in Orcish.” On June 19th, 2007, Yahoo Answers member Mr. Questionair submitted a question about cross-faction communication, to which user ArcadianStormcrow replied that when Horde players speak the word “lol,” it shows up as “kek” for Alliance players. On April 4th, 2008, a thread was submitted to the Gamespot Forums which included mentions of “kek” and “lol” among other faction translations. On June 24th, 2009, Wow Insider published an article on communicating with enemies, noting that saying “kek” as an Alliance player will not translate as “lol” to a Horde player. On February 16th, 2010, Wowhead Forums member sistereinstein submitted a thread asking if “kek” was a new slang term for “LOL.” On September 2nd, 2011, an entry for “kek” was submitted to the slang website Internet Slang, defining it as “LOL in WOW.”

Also, the "frog Diety from ancient Egypt" (Lolwtf!) that you refer to has nothing to do with ancient Egypt, nor is he a "frog Deity". Pepe The Frog is a meme. See http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/pepe-the-frog

Pepe the Frog is an anthropomorphic frog character from the comic series Boy’s Club by Matt Furie. On 4chan, various illustrations of the frog creature have been used as reaction faces, including Feels Good Man, Sad Frog, Angry Pepe, Smug Frog and Well Meme’d.

In 2005, artist Matt Furie created the comic series Boy’s Club, which stars the teenage monster characters Pepe, Brett, Andy and Landwolf.

In early 2008, a comic in which Pepe pulls his pants down to his ankles in order to urinate was popularized on 4chan’s /b/, (random) board, along with the expression “Feels good man.”

Throughout 2008, Pepe was mostly associated with the “Feels Good Man” reaction image. In 2009, an edited version featuring a distraught-looking Pepe with the caption “Feels bad man” began circulating as a reaction image on 4chan and the Body Building Forums. On January 25th, 2011, an interview with Furie was published on Know Your Meme, in which he discussed the origins of Pepe the Frog. On June 13th, 2014, the PepeTheFrogBlog Tumblr blog was launched. On July 23rd, the Pepe the Frog Instagram feed was created. On October 25th, the /r/pepethefrog subreddit was launched for content featuring the frog character. On December 7th, a Facebook page for “Pepe the Frog” was created. On December 18th, the PepeTheFrogNet Tumblr[ blog was launched.

learn2internetbro
    Thanks for this information. You never fail to disappoint, the generally patronising tone of your posts are a small price to pay for the interesting things you post Schmuldvich. I'm sure what you outline is perfectly valid. It is the essential nature of memes that is not fully understood here, that is they mutate and evolve due to environmental pressures so whilst the provenance is as you outline a simple look at online material will show how the KEK meme has mutated to incorporate the ancient Egyptian frog God.

In 1990 as part of my Psychology degree I was directed to read The Blind Watchmaker by Richard Dawkins and I would sincerely recommend this small paperback to you. To oversimplify it outlined how psychological behaviours can evolve due to environmental changes in a similar way to physical characteristics as Darwin outlined. Dawkins then went on to argue that information in the social environment also shows these characteristics and this impacts psychological behaviours. He called these evolving information 'packets' memes. This of course was before the internet had really started to develop and memes were not really well known. Bearing in mind how the whole meme idea has taken off and the time when the Blind Watchmaker was written I would recommend this book as a very useful read. So to return to your observation Schmuldvich the provenance of what you post may be correct but you fail to understand the essential nature of memes. They change and evolve through varying environmental conditions as do psychological behaviours and physical characteristics. It is only rate of change over time which differentiates these.
    Last edited by Axismundi000; 07-01-2017 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Praise KEK! Down with the Sorosian oppressors! REEEEEEEEEE!!

I think Dawkins is a complete, self opinionated arse, but I have read some of his books and, in his field, he is an amazing writer.

I have read, "Climbing Mount Improbable", and, "The Selfish Gene", but, although having had his book, "The Blind Watchmaker", on my shelf for a few years now, I still have not got around to reading it, however, I will read it now; synchronicity!

Mad is as mad does

Ghislain

Watching Dawkins interviews on TV I personally find him faintly annoying. His defence of The Blind Watchmaker many years ago on UK channel 4 was that it is deliberately simplified and merely a starting point. The fact that he basically invented memes is not common knowledge which does make me smile.
    Last edited by Axismundi000; 07-01-2017 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Shadilay! Shadilay!

Its is when he tries to give opinions that are not in his field of expertise that gets me riled.

Ghislain

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Axismundi000 View Post
    I know, that I hung on the windy tree all the nights of nine,
    Wounded by spear and given to Odhinn; myself to myself,
    on that tree, which no man knows, from what roots it rises.
    They dealt me no bread nor drinking horn, I looked down,
    I took up the runes I took them screaming,
    I fell back from there.

I would suggest there is a difference between spiritual initiation/crisis and the Gods driving you mad as part of the process of destroying you. To the outsider they may initially appear identical but as the situation unfolds a difference becomes gradually discernible.
    I would say true. The discernable difference is the loss of coherence between self and Self, the loss of coherence between Self and Nature, and the loss coherence as the Self projects onto Itself. But I think only the outsider who is not very familiar with madness or themselves would go on unknowingly.

Alchemists, who are on this path, either complete the initiation of Separation and Coagulation, or they go mad on account of the Mercury they imbibe during the separation process (the burning off of dross and false belief)

In my opinion.

Edit: there is also the phrase: rendum tormentum, growth through torment.
    Last edited by Kiorionis; 07-01-2017 at 06:16 PM.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghislain View Post
    Its is when he tries to give opinions that are not in his field of expertise that gets me riled.

Ghislain
    I hadn't seen this I agree he is more than just slightly annoying, he is f**king annoying. From Dawkins perspective I think such ideas as personal autonomy and therefore Liberty, Democracy etc are much more limited in importance. If we look at his writings they tend towards well not genetic determinism but a gradient of probability towards genetics dictating long term outcomes. From such a view democracy, personal autonomy that kind of thing are of very limited importance, they are superficialities almost. So the fact that the EU seeks to reduce democratic accountability is not as important because those with superior knowledge and expertise (like him) should make the decisions. That I think is the view.
    Last edited by Axismundi000; 07-01-2017 at 06:54 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich View Post
    While your input here is certainly (as always) appreciated, you are well...completely wrong...
    Actually I think you misunderstood his point (which I agree with). I know the meme-history of Pepe (I'm sure Axid does as well). But a deity can incarnate as anything, and what better as a meme that has become a symbol for a counter-culture, that is against another counter-culture (SJW)... which has been cursed to become the main-culture.

Bring down whomever is in charge. Chaos must reign.

Frog deity (from Wiki): "Kek... is the deification of the concept of primordial darkness in the Ancient Egyptian Ogdoad cosmogony. As a concept, Kek was viewed as androgynous, his female form being known as Keket (also Kekuit). Kek and Keket in some aspects also represent night and day, and were called "raiser up of the light" and the "raiser up of the night", respectively."

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

At about 3 minutes is the stuff about Dawkins and memes but I like the whole presentation because of it mischievousness.

https://youtu.be/NdEq5Y-e_iM

Those the Gods wish to destroy they first send mad!

Totally unrelated but I... just...can't .....help it.... must paste

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbM6...&feature=share
    Last edited by Axismundi000; 07-01-2017 at 09:46 PM. Reason: REEEEEEEEEEEE

Blog Entries
    Hahahahahahahhahahahahahahah....

Now I understand "trump"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    As a concept, Kek was viewed as androgynous, his female form being known as Keket (also Kekuit). Kek and Keket in some aspects also represent night and day, and were called "raiser up of the light" and the "raiser up of the night", respectively."

And therefore we arrive at al-keketimie

Haha awesome

+ Reply to Thread