Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Those the Gods wish to destroy......

Quote Originally Posted by Kiorionis View Post
    I would say true. The discernable difference is the loss of coherence between self and Self, the loss of coherence between Self and Nature, and the loss coherence as the Self projects onto Itself. But I think only the outsider who is not very familiar with madness or themselves would go on unknowingly.

Alchemists, who are on this path, either complete the initiation of Separation and Coagulation, or they go mad on account of the Mercury they imbibe during the separation process (the burning off of dross and false belief)

In my opinion.

Edit: there is also the phrase: rendum tormentum, growth through torment.
    You offer an alternative explanation where the processes of Alchemy can cause madness rather than a lack of contact with the Gods. My personal view is that a more Pantheistic view by the Alchemist would reduce this problem and considerably ease the torment. This is my personal experience were I have done Magickal work with a deity to balance out when my progress has caused a temporary excess. For example an Enochian Aethyr has a particular masculine characteristic so before simply going on to explore the next Aethyr do devotional work with Brede/Ashtarte. I'm sure something similar could be done to help balance the changes in the Alchemist. My approach is perhaps not what many Alchemists would consider but it is easily adapted. A bit of Divination to identify types of energies that need processing and then just pure devotional stuff no 'magic' as such.

Did mighty KEK bring this about?

https://youtu.be/5csmmjO4lzU

The most powerful man in the world actually posted this!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Axismundi000 View Post
    The most powerful man in the world actually posted this!
    No it is the "secretary" to the most powerful man.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Regarding Dawkins, i will agree with the rest of the comments. He tends to get mildy irritating. He might be smart, but he sure as hell ain't wise in my eyes. Whenever someone attempts to downgrade theism by calling the One God "a man in the cloud" has no idea of what he is talking about. And those who comment on things they know not, most of the time are proven to be fools. At worst.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Axismundi000 View Post
    You offer an alternative explanation where the processes of Alchemy can cause madness rather than a lack of contact with the Gods.
    Quit different. I'm saying that it's the contact with the Gods which catalyze the Separation process, I was just expressing it in the language of alchemy.

But don't get me wrong, that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Edit: I'm also curious who and what you include in your concept of "the Gods"?
    Last edited by Kiorionis; 07-03-2017 at 01:38 PM.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Blog Entries
    Hi Axis,

I completely agree. I've become obsessed with this idea of late. I feel since the formation of the Monotheistic Abrahamic religions, people have lost the plot more and more, and seem to be attempting to wipe out all traces of past religions. In fact, I recently had a chat with a Sikh chap who explained the origin story of his religion:

"Muslims were attacking Hindus; who appear to have a similar belief system to the Norse, Egyptians, and Greek polytheistic religions; the Muslims went too far, killing and dishonouring a venerated Hindu leader, who had sacrificed himself to save his people, by leaving his body unburied. The son of this leader collected the body and ceremonially buried it. The son founded the Sikh religion due to feeling that the Abrahamic religions could not be stopped from destroying the relatively peaceful Hindu religion without fighting fire with fire."

This has happened many time; the Monotheist Abrahamic religion destroying and demonising polytheistic faith, [Awani: I understand they're not polytheistic, it's the only way I have to explain them, I'll come back to this later.] and this appears to lead to a kind of insanity. Which I call 'unipolar-binary thinking', similar to the duality you talk of. One creates a false dichotomy, then state that one pole is good, the other is bad. For what reason they wish to get rid of polytheistic faith? I do not know. Likely some kind of warped Zionist ideal.

Schmuldvich; the difference between 'duality' and 'reality'. IMO, there are not multiple realities, unless we talk multiverse theory, at which point there would still only be ultimately one reality, therefore observed dualities are part of the whole/reality. Left-Right, Hot-Cold, Rough-Smooth, are dualities although not separate 'realities'. One may make one pole 'good', and one 'bad', one may say the person has created a subjective 'reality' inside their head, but that is not a reality, just a delusion, and creates a right mess.

Awani, getting back to your point, I do agree that most polytheistic faiths are not truly polytheist, their many 'Gods' usually describe principles of the whole. In the same way I have said above, God of hot, God of cold, God of Left, God of Right, etc. Seems to me many religions start with a kind of Zoroastrian base; a single god, splitting into 2, or 3, usually creation, maintenance, destruction, etc, and then splitting into further variations, ad infinitum.

Personally I feel that polytheism, as I have explained it to be, is a very important concept. Allowing one to observe and internalise both poles of a duality as objectively as possible, preferably not as subjectively 'good' or 'bad', and hopefully over time use logic to add more definition to the grammar/story.

I have loads more to say on this topic, and could continue, as I say I have become quite obsessed, but this seems to have gotten quite long already, so I will stop.

Here's a song I like, that seems to fit, just for funzies...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjOb-PK8KPI

P.S. I WELCOME THE RETURN OF THE OLD GODS! HAIL KEK! :P
    Last edited by Loki Morningstar; 07-03-2017 at 04:39 PM. Reason: fixing some typos
    Distill fact from theory, fixate on inferences drawn.
    Upon which points does the mystery turn?
    "What's the matter?", one asks.
    "The universe is mental!", one replies.
    Know The Self.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiorionis View Post
    Quit different. I'm saying that it's the contact with the Gods which catalyze the Separation process, I was just expressing it in the language of alchemy.

But don't get me wrong, that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Edit: I'm also curious who and what you include in your concept of "the Gods"?
    I would say the 'Gods' are Divine principles expressed by a certain form. They embody and represent a facet of creation. As a pantheist i am of the view that the overall Divine Providence from which all emerges is not directly knowable. However the Gods are a partial aspect of this and we can more readily interact with the Gods. I accept and am totally content with other people having an entirely different view on these things.

Blog Entries
    This makes more sense then. You're saying, I think, that if someone -- an alchemist for example --begins operating outside of Divine Providence, then the God's will destroy him. The process is then madness. I'd say the saying is true.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

I am also suggesting the Gods act as a menstruum between Divine Providence and the person. Without the Gods the Alchemist may find their sanity tested more severely.

@ Loki Morningstar, may your dank memes be found worthy by KEK.

Blog Entries
    Great stuff, enjoying this thread. Seems we're all on similar wavelengths. Jung explians this concept (god archetypes) well, just getting through his 'Psychology and Alchemy', it's a good read.

'Divine providence', interesting concept, more consice than how I explained it, and very much what I attempted to convey. Equally interesting is 'The Trivium': 'Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric = Truth'.

Could word the analogy, "Logic: menstrum between Grammar/ Gods/ Objectivity, and Rhetoric/ Person/ Subjectivity; many distillation cycles reveal Truth/ Prima Materia. Not perfect, just discovered 'The Trivium'.

http://www.triviumeducation.com

@ Axis, Praise be to KEK in his infinite dankness.
    Last edited by Loki Morningstar; 07-04-2017 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Adding link
    Distill fact from theory, fixate on inferences drawn.
    Upon which points does the mystery turn?
    "What's the matter?", one asks.
    "The universe is mental!", one replies.
    Know The Self.

+ Reply to Thread