Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 ... LastLast

Thread: possible subject of the art - touchstone

Blog Entries

possible subject of the art - touchstone

greetings. I haven't given this much thought for a couple years, but stumbled upon this and i can see it's potential. Remembering Fulcanelli reporting how a few alchemist had said the black matter had been in their labs all along - at the time i imagined charcoal. But here's something they might have had in their labs as well.

"Jasper is rarely uniform in color. Mostly it is colorful with a sharper or milder areas of discoloration. From the few examples of jasper of uniform color it is basanite or Lydian stone. It is almost black and has been used since antiquity to the present to determine the purity of some precious metals."

http://www.rachitparihar.com/2009/12...-assaying.html

Jasper could even have the streaks and veins of color some other alchemists have mentioned, like Roger Bacon: "Take in the Name of God and the Holy Trinity, fine and well cleansed Antimonii ore, which looks nice, white, pure and internally full of yellow rivulets or veins. It may also be full of red and blue colors and veins, which will be the best."

Anyway, just a thought/hunch, as i've studied much the path of oil of sand, and this being relatively high in alkalis and low in silica could easily be reduced, then having peridot, and other veins...
    http://serpentrioarquila.blogspot.com/

"To conjure is nothing else than to observe anything rightly, to know and understand what it is." - Paracelsus

"Why, then, don't you act when you see the danger of your conditioning? The answer is you don't see... seeing is acting." J. Krishnamurti

Blog Entries

Exclamation

The medicinal value of some minerals must be so un-explored that many great elixirs I'm sure there are, that are waiting to be discovered.

Your work on oil of Sand sounds interesting! Is there a thread on that?

I'd love to see someone's completed mineral stone, as I have never seen one before.

Are you working with SM? If not, what solvents would you use on such a jasper? Radical vinegar?
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Quote Originally Posted by solomon levi View Post
    Anyway, just a thought/hunch, as i've studied much the path of oil of sand,
    There is no such "path". The Stone can't be made out of silicates. They lack what it takes for generating the necessary "humidity" (i.e. the secret solvent) for that purpose. And no secret solvent = NO PHILOSOPHERS' STONE. However, some "particulars" do use "oil of sand", or its "dry" forms (i.e. solid potassium/sodium silicates.)

Quote Originally Posted by solomon levi View Post
    I haven't given this much thought
    "Jasper is rarely uniform in color. Mostly it is colorful with a sharper or milder areas of discoloration. From the few examples of jasper of uniform color it is basanite or Lydian stone. It is almost black and has been used since antiquity to the present to determine the purity of some precious metals."
    Anyway, just a thought/hunch

I've studied much the path of oil of sand, and this being relatively high in alkalis and low in silica could easily be reduced, then having peridot, and other veins...
    Awesome Eyes, solomon levi! Basanite clearly depicts our First Matter. Could it really be this simple!?

Your description of colors above and what we see in the image of basanite gives us much to think about!

Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    Your work on oil of Sand sounds interesting! Is there a thread on that?

I'd love to see someone's completed mineral stone, as I have never seen one before.

What solvents would you use on such a jasper?
    Our Alkahest...Our Universal Mercury! This is the way of the Alchemists; the ONLY Way!

Alchemy is nothing without our Solvent. JDP has graciously pointed this fact out for us time and time again, relentlessly.

A work on oil of sand will get you absolutely nowhere. Our black Sand and white Sand will get you somewhere!

The reason you have never seen someone's completed "mineral stone" is because it doesn't exist, unless with this manner of speech you are referring to THE Philosopher's Stone which is altogether Animal, Vegetable, and Mineral. The texts declare this openly.

Blog Entries
    Well in terms of the true form of alchemy I would have I agree. However, any natural processes that are used to obtain usable oils, I also find very interesting.

I believe that there is a method that involves SM alone as mercury and first matter, however, I think I get the jist that this is quite difficult to achieve and that it takes quite some time.

Therefore, using another matter, that has a well developed and Noble Sulfur, is a way you can grant yourself the elixir (or a elixir) of high level medicinal potency, which, obviously, if SM is used as the solvent, then the medicine will be quite incredible. However, as I've said before, MOST MATTERS, can be broken down alchemically and turned into a red 'stone'.

So if then, that is the case (and it is) then it leaves the question, what is "THE" stone, and then I believe tht goes back to the one matter one vessel ect... And the reason our stone is described as trice animal mineral vegetable, is because in fact it is the thing that gives birth to the three kingdoms, having all kingdoms within it, homogenous.

Therefore, all that being said, a lot of the work of the Artist is to choose the source of his/her Sulfur...

There is not one particular matter in my opinion tht is being spoken of, the spirit is the matter, however, all of these descriptions of making stones is to do just that, teach you the alchemical process required to make stones, because whether you made it from vegetable, animal, mineral, metallic, if you've done it right, with SM, it will be a red crystal that will melt like wax and it will be a potent medicine, since, the science of stoneship, rests in little else than the purification and recombination of the elements, in which you don't actually need Even SM, however, as I'm trying to express, the better the ingredients, the more quality the BBQ
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    Well in terms of the true form of alchemy I would have I agree. However, any natural processes that are used to obtain usable oils, I also find very interesting.

I believe that there is a method that involves SM alone as mercury and first matter, however, I think I get the jist that this is quite difficult to achieve and that it takes quite some time.

Therefore, using another matter, that has a well developed and Noble Sulfur, is a way you can grant yourself the elixir (or a elixir) of high level medicinal potency, which, obviously, if SM is used as the solvent, then the medicine will be quite incredible. However, as I've said before, MOST MATTERS, can be broken down alchemically and turned into a red 'stone'.

So if then, that is the case (and it is) then it leaves the question, what is "THE" stone, and then I believe tht goes back to the one matter one vessel ect... And the reason our stone is described as trice animal mineral vegetable, is because in fact it is the thing that gives birth to the three kingdoms, having all kingdoms within it, homogenous.

Therefore, all that being said, a lot of the work of the Artist is to choose the source of his/her Sulfur...

There is not one particular matter in my opinion tht is being spoken of, the spirit is the matter, however, all of these descriptions of making stones is to do just that, teach you the alchemical process required to make stones, because whether you made it from vegetable, animal, mineral, metallic, if you've done it right, with SM, it will be a red crystal that will melt like wax and it will be a potent medicine, since, the science of stoneship, rests in little else than the purification and recombination of the elements, in which you don't actually need Even SM, however, as I'm trying to express, the better the ingredients, the more quality the BBQ
    As I have pointed out many times, this is an incorrect and simply unrealistic view of the subject. Not only such an idea that there are "many Stones" or many totally different "paths" to achieve the Stone is condemned by most alchemists, but it also defies logic, common sense and reality. If there are so many "Stones", or alternatively, so many different "paths" using all sorts of different matters & operations to achieve the same Stone, then why has there been such a HUGE RATE OF FAILURE by countless legions of seekers??? You would think that by SHEER CHANCE ALONE the number of failures to achieve anything even resembling the Philosophers' Stone would be drastically cut down. BUT IT HAS NEVER BEEN SO. Out of THOUSANDS of seekers only a few succeed. Some old-timers tried to explain this by invoking "supernatural" things, like "God's permission", and such, but the answer is really more "mundane" and substantial: the reason why it is so difficult to succeed in alchemy is precisely because THE MAJORITY OF SUBSTANCES DO NOT WORK, and since most alchemical texts are purposefully vague, or elusive, or imprecise, or misleading, or obscure, or confusing, or contradictory, etc. regarding what are these substances that DO work and can be used to produce the Stone, then it is hardly surprising that the large majority of seekers will fail. There is no need to conjure up any alleged "supernatural" thing here to explain this high rate of failure. Simple odds & probabilities are more than enough to understand why so many seekers throughout history have failed and will continue to fail (until someone finally reveals to the whole world the true matters & operations in a totally clear manner, so that even the most incompetent people in the world can prepare it.) The comparatively reduced number of substances that can enter into the operations to make the Stone are therefore very difficult to figure out. Besides reading & comparing the old texts, you also need LOADS OF EMPIRICAL EXPERIENCE, otherwise you won't be able to eliminate false/erroneous theories and ideas that will naturally spring up in your mind as you try to decipher the said old texts in your effort to figure out the true matters & operations that can deliver positive results. Without a combination of the two, you are simply lost. The old texts can only give you a certain amount of information, then it is up to you to put to the test the ideas that you have come up with while trying to figure out the old texts. But you also need to be HONEST WITH YOURSELF, AND COOL-HEADED, AND REALISTIC, and not try to (using the colloquial expressions popular in this forum) "bullshit" yourself into thinking that you have succeeded, just because you have prepared some "red" or "white" substance and you DESPERATELY WANT TO BELIEVE YOU HAVE SUCCEEDED. You need to be ready to ACCEPT FAILURE AND BE HONEST WITH YOURSELF AND STOP TO DESPERATELY WANTING TO BELIEVE YOU HAVE SUCCEEDED, otherwise you are also lost. Since most alchemists made no secret regarding the main characteristics of the Stone, you can easily test whether the substance you have prepared is the genuine article. Does it transmute many times its own weight of other metals into silver or gold? No? THEN DON'T TRY TO "BULLSHIT" YOURSELF THAT YOU HAVE SOMEHOW "SUCCEEDED" AND MADE "SOME STONE", OR "THE STONE", BECAUSE YOU HAVE NOT. You have made "something", but it sure as heck is not THE STONE. There aren't many substances around that can perform this most remarkable feat. So you CAN EASILY KNOW whether you have succeeded or not by performing such a simple test with your finished "product".

I will summarize all this for you a la Johnnie Cochran: "If your alleged Stone doesn't transmute, then it sure ain't good!", "If your alleged Stone doesn't change one into another, then you have failed, brother!", "If your alleged Stone does not turn lead into silver most bright, then you are surely not right!", "If your alleged Stone does not turn silver into most yellow & heavy gold, then you must begin again, for you have missed the goal!", etc.
    Last edited by JDP; 08-07-2017 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich View Post

The reason you have never seen someone's completed "mineral stone" is because it doesn't exist, unless with this manner of speech you are referring to THE Philosopher's Stone which is altogether Animal, Vegetable, and Mineral. The texts declare this openly.
    Indeed!

"Rosinus: We use true nature because nature does not amend nature, unless it be into his own nature. There are three principal Stones of Philosophers. That is mineral, animal, and vegetable. A mineral Stone, a vegetable Stone, and an animal Stone, three in name but one in essence."

Blog Entries
    From the same quote:
    There are three principal Stones of Philosophers.
    Mineral Stones
    Animal Stones (Blood Stone)
    Vegetable Stones

Then there is the Universal Stone.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Blog Entries
    haha. it is it's own solvent. low silica, high alkali. i'll have time tonight to reply. remember the many eyes also? another property of jasper
    https://i.pinimg.com/736x/35/b0/4b/3...gem-stones.jpg

"To conjure is nothing else than to observe anything rightly, to know and understand what it is." - Paracelsus

"Why, then, don't you act when you see the danger of your conditioning? The answer is you don't see... seeing is acting." J. Krishnamurti

Blog Entries
    so yeah, there are threads on the oil of sand/flints.
    i haven't been very active here for several years but i'm sure you can search it in the forum.
    if any one (who is allowed to think for themselves) cares to give it some attention,
    the simplest "proof" of it is Len Cram. This guys grows opals - real opals, not the way synthetic opals are made.
    If you understand alchemy, he can't do that without mercury, sulphur and salt, and he's doing it -
    so don't tell me there's no solvent or whatever.
    Anyway, i had these arguments years ago here and i'm not going to do that again.
    If you guys want to listen to JDP be my guest. He seems awful afraid of open discussion doesn't he?
    "Id rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned." - Richard Feynman
    https://answersingenesis.org/geology...tralian-style/

there's a lot more evidence from alchemical authors, RAMS, etc. What i learned the earth taught me.
    I'm of the view that if you haven't learned how to see for yourself, then alchemical success is beyond you.
    You can't accomplish what you don't understand.
    If you're listening to JDP or me, or someone else is your "authority", then you have work to do.
    You cannot do the art if you're not an artist.

So i'm just here to point. If you can't see what i'm pointing at, i'm not going to argue.
    If i could block JDP i would because he seems like a real bummer.
    I haven't been around much for a couple years, and i'm sorry to see this here.
    But i'm just a guest - not going to camp out and preach at you like this:

"As I have pointed out many times, this is an incorrect and simply unrealistic view of the subject." - JDP

Why do you think JDP has to point this out so many times? Why does he so desperately need you to believe him?
    I didn't even read the rest of his post - i've dealt with the type plenty. Don't let him control you.
    Do you want to know what the subject is?
    "I"
    "I" is the subject of a sentence.
    If you don't have your own "I" and are dependent on JDPs or anyone else's, you're already lost.
    If you don't have eyes like the dragon (dereksthai: "to see clearly")... if your eyes can't see what's in front of your face, there's no hope.

If a teacher isn't teaching you how to see for yourself, then s/he's not teaching you.
    Teaching how to see - not what to see... what to see is just programming... it's not "vive", living mercury.

Anyway, back to the topic.
    So i don't have time to say and share all the links and quotes and stuff.
    If you want to look into it, read that article above. Read about oil of sand/flints...
    "Eighteenth Century Chemistry as it relates to Alchemy" is a great book, from Encyclopedia Brittania.
    Read or watch videos on waterglass/sodium silicate solution/crystal trees.
    Especially consider TEOS and how to make it from oil of sand - what would be added? Vinegar? Alcohol?
    Consider the whole ormus thing with alkalis, and how metallic sodium can tur
    quarry (n.1) Look up quarry at Dictionary.comn a gold coin into powder.
    Alkahest - alkali est.
    It's just putting all the connections together. There's a ton of green language to point the way. Most people i meet don't get it.
    look at the words quartz, quarry, query, quercus, quarter...
    The bible is full of clues too. It's all a matter of the questions you ask - that determines what you'll find... the context/dimensions of your vase.
    http://biblehub.net/searchstrongs.php?q=flint
    Study the earth - visit the interior of the earth and there find the hidden stone: VITRIOL... well, the interior of the earth is mostly iron silicates.
    The earth is a crucible - Vulcan - volcanoes make volcanic glass and rock... there's frickin' sand everywhere.
    Look into piezoelectricity... the iron core bears magnetism and the quartz bears electricity.
    Iron clay is the matrix of quartz; quartz is a matrix of gold... put it together.
    Think about it.
    If JDP has a problem with you considering something that isn't his method, you should have a problem with JDP.
    JDP pisses around like this is his territory. it's a shame. could be using all that urine for alchemy.

quarry - "what is hunted," early 14c., quirre "entrails of deer placed on the hide and given to dogs of the chase as a reward," from Anglo-French quirreie, Old French cuiriee "the spoil, quarry" (Modern French curée), altered (by influence of Old French cuir "skin," from Latin corium "hide")
    "open place where rocks are excavated," c. 1400 (mid-13c. as a place name), from Medieval Latin quareia, dissimilated from quarreria (mid-13c.), literally "place where stones are squared," from Latin quadrare "to make square,"

well, i hope someone enjoys the post.
    i'll pop back in to see how it evolves, but i'm not going to argue with someone like there's only one right answer to alchemy - what's the use?
    everything comes from this one thing. how can one imagine there's only way when's there's so many things?
    follow the chain.

+ Reply to Thread