Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36

Thread: The Purge

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    Yes. Ayahuasca and Iboga cleans your body from diseased tissue, amongst many other things. Shrooms are only medicine for the mind, Ayahuasca and Iboga are medicine for mind and body.

    Understanding these plant medicines with a logical scientific mind is futile. You don't get to know your future wife by studying her DNA, but by spending time with her. The Mystery is more powerful than science, but all scientists should be allied with it.
    I mean no offense, but I have to ask what you mean by this. Are you saying there is just naturally diseased tissue in the stomach or are you implying the medicine has the effect of somehow pulling this tissue from wherever it is into the stomach? Here are a couple of my favorite quotes:





    Like I said most people do not understand the Purge. I personally consider an ayahuasca ceremony without a Purge a massive failure. As for no difference between Shrooms and Aya... this is not correct at all... the difference is a big as comparing drinking water to a shotgun wound to the head. IMO.
    Are you saying the character you encounter at the peak has a vastly different attitude here or what? I know the mushroom Logos usually takes the persona of the Jester/Father archetype, usually only speaks to you in questions (which you learn much more from than any answer), and if you're doing it right will leave you shook but feeling alright, like a child who has just had a stern (and correct) parent explain to them what thry had been doing wrong in just the right way that the child understands it had been their fault, and there's no blame being passed as long as they do their best to do their best from now on.

    One thing people don't understand these days, is that the ayahuasca made and used in ceremonies in Europe and North America is mostly ayahuasca-light. Reason is that tourists, and recreational users, cannot handle the reality of the experience. They rather do baby steps.

    Words are useless, but if you drink a proper brew of ayahuasca you'll understand. It is a medicine, and if you do not Purge you are doing something wrong. Usually the remedy is to drink more till you Purge.

    When someone who is drunk vomits, it makes them sober up a bit. With Aya/Iboga the experience becomes even more intense. I have enjoyed Shrooms, but I have ascended with Ayahuasca. Both are amazing, but Aya is a beast on its own.
    Ascended in what ways? I have a pretty particular idea attached to that word.Have you contacted any of the Masters or achieved any DNA activation?

    More importantly, are you using all of these experiences and ascensions to return and benefit the grid, or the plant from which your own root stems?

    No accusations here, just interested in your answers.

    Shrooms are children.
    Ayahuasca is mother.
    Iboga is father.

    That is my experience, altough in Africa Iboga is viewed as a mother...

    Iboga is also the most powerful, and what some never seem to believe when I tell them is that, unlike Aya/Shrooms/DMT, whatever you experience on Iboga is REAL in the sense that it is more realistic and HD than reality. The visions are mostly real, not fantasy. I have never met aliens or beings... Instead I have met human beings and Earth animals. A lot of timetravel happens.

    I would recommend Shrooms, but Ayahuasca I would say "do it if it calls you", and Iboga I would say: are you really sure?



    Why is Vodka stronger than Water? Because it is.

    Having eaten 7 crisp grams of the most ancient and venerated friend of native earthlings, I have to say I remain unconvinced of this. I have heard of indigenous shamans consuming entire ounces (28g) in a single sitting. Now, I have never tried the plant brews you speak of (mostly because of the effects you seem to cherish) but I do need to know if you've ever tried such a venture before I can even begin to take the idea seriously.

    Edit. I can show you mushroom use evidence going as far back as humans have recorded anything, how long do we KNOW iboga and Aya have been on use? Mushrooms were pretty certainly the first thing else encountered when we became plains dwellers at any rate.
    Last edited by Visceral; 08-09-2017 at 07:51 PM.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In the moment...
    Posts
    7,399
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Visceral View Post
    Are you saying there is just naturally diseased tissue in the stomach or are you implying the medicine has the effect of somehow pulling this tissue from wherever it is into the stomach?
    Both. But most issues are cured through the stomach. That is why diets are a vital part in shamanism, the diet changes everything about you (you are what you eat). The Purge is exorcism, and I have vomited parasites, energies and straight up diseases.

    Quote Originally Posted by Visceral View Post
    Are you saying the character you encounter at the peak has a vastly different attitude here or what?
    Yes, but futile to compare. My path is not your path.


    Quote Originally Posted by Visceral View Post
    Have you contacted any of the Masters or achieved any DNA activation?
    Yes... but I don't like the term "masters".

    Quote Originally Posted by Visceral View Post
    More importantly, are you using all of these experiences and ascensions to return and benefit the grid, or the plant from which your own root stems?
    All those things are the same thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Visceral View Post
    ...before I can even begin to take the idea seriously.
    It's hard to compare, because sometimes 1 gram is stronger than 10 grams... but yes I have eaten a lot and I understand that it would be difficult to imagine something more powerful, but it is a general consensus amongst psychonauts the world over that Ayahuasca (and Iboga in particular), are far superior and stronger than anything else you may get hold of (unless you get hold of that weak Westernized brew). But as always, in the end it's indivudal... honestly you can believe what you like (but from my perspective I take Shrooms to relax... LOL)... and if you are "against" the notion of the Purge then stay away from such Plants... but it's your loss in the end.

    Last edited by Awani; 08-09-2017 at 08:04 PM.

    Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In the moment...
    Posts
    7,399
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Visceral View Post
    I can show you mushroom use evidence going as far back as humans have recorded anything, how long do we KNOW iboga and Aya have been on use? Mushrooms were pretty certainly the first thing else encountered when we became plains dwellers at any rate.
    First of all, you don't begin to teach children sentences [ayahuasca], you begin by teaching them words [shrooms]. LOL. (the allegory refers to the notion that the monkeys were the child version of homo sapiens)

    Ayahuasca and Iboga usage is more ancient than you think... and Iboga is far older I'm certain. I know you perhaps like the Stoned Ape theory, but Terence never went to Africa... and never did Iboga in a traditional setting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Visceral View Post
    ...how long do we KNOW...
    We don't know anything about the past.

    Last edited by Awani; 08-09-2017 at 08:33 PM.

    Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

  4. #14
    Well, I certainly can't agree with that last sentence. There's quite a bit about the past that's literally written in stone, if someone is willing to look.

    I'm more concerned with and trying to point out that you're making a similar claim to hot yoga teachers, which is something to the effect that everyone is just filled to bursting with "toxins" that need to be purged regularly. This is not the case for anyone who eats well and exercises regularly.

    Specifically what I'd like to draw your attention to is that you've plainly long ago set aside the idea that maybe drinking a lot of root/bark mix is upsetting to the stomach, and that this abundance of indigestible plant material can alone explain the vomiting and nausea. Perhaps it would be possible to have the complete experience if one applied an additional filter step somewhere to make a gentler tea or something.

    I was wondering if you had actually looked into the history of the brew at all or were just deciding yourself it was "ancient". If it's been around so long and is so profound, you would think people would have carved it in stone, like they did tens of thousands of years ago with mushrooms.

    I found at least one story of Terence is south africa, he certainly traveled the middle east and far Asia extensively. Not sure how that's relevant though, anyone can research the behavior of baboons from anywhere.

    "Iboga is far older I'm certain"

    Followed by

    "We don't know anything about the past"

    Just pointing out holes here.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In the moment...
    Posts
    7,399
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Visceral View Post
    ...which is something to the effect that everyone is just filled to bursting with "toxins" that need to be purged regularly. This is not the case for anyone who eats well and exercises regularly.
    LOL. Yeah right. Partake of a strong dose of the brew, and then let me know how clean you were. Some toxins could also be traumas connected to your spirit from a few life times ago.

    Quote Originally Posted by Visceral View Post
    Specifically what I'd like to draw your attention to is that you've plainly long ago set aside the idea that maybe drinking a lot of root/bark mix is upsetting to the stomach, and that this abundance of indigestible plant material can alone explain the vomiting and nausea.
    I disagree. It is a medicine. It kills parasites and intestinal infections and cancer and such things. Yes, maybe you are right... but based on my own extensive study and experience my answer is you're way off. Also one other reason people sometimes Purge is because they become sea sick... because when you physically exit this reality and fully enter another, it can make you somewhat dizzy.

    Do it, then let's discuss it more.

    Quote Originally Posted by Visceral View Post
    I found at least one story of Terence is south africa, he certainly traveled the middle east and far Asia extensively..
    According to himself he never did go to Gabon. South Africa is not the source of Iboga.

    Quote Originally Posted by Visceral View Post
    "Iboga is far older I'm certain"
    I meant older than Ayahuasca.

    Quote Originally Posted by Visceral View Post
    Perhaps it would be possible to have the complete experience if one applied an additional filter step somewhere to make a gentler tea or something.
    I guess you could parachute from a chair instead of an airplane.


    Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In the moment...
    Posts
    7,399
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Visceral View Post
    If it's been around so long and is so profound, you would think people would have carved it in stone, like they did tens of thousands of years ago with mushrooms.
    Already answered this. If you want to educate a race you don't start at the end. Mushrooms is a good ice breaker. Ayahuasca knows what "it" is doing. It is here now... are you going to sign up or not? I know "her" personally, she'll forgive your apprehensions about the Purge and probably give you an "extra" dose. Ha ha ha.

    The amount you ingest has nothing to do with the result. So even if you just take a little, you can be "in" for a lot and vice versa (from the same batch). That is because "it" is conscious. I know it sounds ludicrous. The good thing with all these things is that NO ONE has to believe me. Anyone can check it out for themselves.

    Btw have you ever had 2 or 3 big tokes of DMT? If you have, then you can easily understand Ayahuasca... all you got to do is to extend your DMT-flash from 2 minutes to about 6-8 hours.

    Iboga* is nothing like DMT or Psilocybin... in fact Iboga is a beast all on its own. It is hyper-real, and a true Mystery... And I respect it immensely. Does not even feel psychedelic... can't really formulate anything about it properly, even though it was almost five years ago since I did it (not counting one microdose I did a couple of years ago that was also awesome). I am still trying to figure it out... but if Eve ate anything, I am certain it was some Iboga root. LOL.



    * don't do it... honestly... if you dislike having a Purge then Iboga is going to rape your soul
    Last edited by Awani; 08-09-2017 at 10:28 PM.

    Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

  7. #17
    I am not interested in believing or not believing you, I am interested in the truth, in what can be objectively known. Yes I believe in objective knowledge, there is a medium between our understandings that exists whether or not we are incarnated on this level.

    I have indeed had several back to back "deep" DMT sessions. One of the things I've found that I very much enjoy about the DMT culture (online mostly) is the insistence on not stepping over the line of "I know this" because the DMT flash is very unforgiving to those kinds of attitudes. They usually stop new people short and remind them science has never actually observed DMT in the human pineal gland, for instance. This community is the one that pointed out to me that strictly speaking, aside from tradition, there is no reason to think the psychedelic effects of Aya or other such ingestions are directly linked to the purge, or that the purge is somehow necessary for the effects. You can say it is, but you have also very clearly hopped on a particular band wagon and variation of traditional use which precludes the idea that drinking large batches of jungle wood might bother your stomach all on its own.

    I think it is important that we truly study these plants to appreciate the effects, and all I'm saying is perhaps you can find a way to receive the beneficial effects without some Abrahamic notion of needing to suffer as well to receive the benefits. But you insist (for some reason) this would make it much less of an experience.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In the moment...
    Posts
    7,399
    Blog Entries
    2
    Look, your argument/theory is irrelevant to me, because it is clear from your words you do not understand what I have tried to explain, albeit somewhat lazily I must admit.

    For example: do you honestly think the Purge is the core suffering? Or that it lacks pleasure? Or that it only is vomit?

    I have not hopped on anything. You seem to have. Don't be a pussy about it. Either accept ignorance regarding the Purge or drink.

    If you want Truth (regarding this) then drink. Only way to know is to experience. Good luck.

    Btw I don't enjoy DMT online culture or Changa people. Seem like coke heads to me.


    Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    Look, your argument/theory is irrelevant to me, because it is clear from your words you do not understand what I have tried to explain, albeit somewhat lazily I must admit.

    For example: do you honestly think the Purge is the core suffering? Or that it lacks pleasure? Or that it only is vomit?
    I honestly think you've never vomited into a beaker and found out.

    I have not hopped on anything. You seem to have. Don't be a pussy about it. Either accept ignorance regarding the Purge or drink.
    What have I hopped on? I'm asking you questions. There is a third option, which is that I enjoy the isolated compounds on their own. This would involve needing to move beyond whole boiling chopped up bark in a setting very conducive to mental suggestion, which is what you're advocating.

    If you want Truth (regarding this) then drink. Only way to know is to experience. Good luck.

    Btw I don't enjoy DMT online culture or Changa people. Seem like coke heads to me.

    I'm not surprised you don't enjoy it, they ask a lot of pointed questions and don't let people squirm away with deflections or metaphors.

    I don't much enjoy change either although I can see the benefits, I personally might partake maybe twice a year which hardly warrants a coke comparison.

    Just a word to anyone unfamiliar with this territory: It is very easy to make sweeping assumptions into this field but very little science has actually been done. It is very easy to repeat cultural cliches (many have been repeated here already) in the absence of knowledge, because the true Void of what we don't know is more than enough to shatter our mind on its own.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In the moment...
    Posts
    7,399
    Blog Entries
    2
    I do not understand your "beaker" comment? It sounds more like you have not done that yourself, after having drank Ayahuasca or eaten Iboga? Or have you?

    I am not making sweeping assumptions. I only relate my own direct experiences from studying these matters for so long. I do not disagree with anything you say apart from the notion that Ayahuasca is not stronger than Shrooms, and your views on the Purge.

    I am using, studying and thinking about psychedelics only from a shamanistic perspective, because for me that is what makes the most sense... and also what seems to work best with the psychedelics themselves. I have met plenty of people who smoke DMT and use other psychedelics like addicts. They fall in this trap because they lack the shamanic umbrella.

    I understand you enjoy the isolated compounds on their own, and if that is your thing then stick to it. But for me it is like microdosing, which I do not like. Everything, or nothing... that is how I roll.

    Not sure what cultural cliches you refer to, but I live with my experiences from the moment I wake up till the moment I go to bed. I smell my DMT pipe daily. I do not use it, smelling is enough. I take this very seriously, and nothing I do or say is relevant to anyone else. If they feel it is, then great... but that is not why I talk or write about it.

    About 7 years ago I transformed physically and mentally into a wolf/wild dog cub/puppy (it was so detailed that I could even feel my fangs in my mouth, and see in perfect HD my paws... and when I made a sound it was not human), and I had a clear and distinct experience of my very first life in this universe. The transformation was physically felt. I belonged to a family of stone age people, and I lied outside their cave. There was a fire burning. The stars were out and I experienced the experience of becoming conscious as a spirit for the first time. I experienced "being" in its most pure and original form. It was a birth experience. Later I have had a few death experiences as well.

    This was not a vision. Not a hallucination. This was real. Nothing on Shrooms (for me) has ever come close to that. And that is just one example, and maybe you have had similar experiences. But from my perspective those deep experiences I have had with Ayahuasca in Peru, and with Iboga in Gabon, has not been matched by anything else in my entire life apart from the birth of my daughter. Anything else is a complete boring joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Visceral View Post
    I'm not surprised you don't enjoy it, they ask a lot of pointed questions and don't let people squirm away with deflections or metaphors.
    As you know the perfect language is visionary or telepathic, written language is weak and useless. Writing in metaphor is the closest thing we can get to a visionary language when using words. And I do not deflect. I am simply at peace with the notion that only I can fully understand my own direct experience, and only I am responsible for what I have to do about that.

    That is why the scientific method is useless when it concerns the Divine Mystery. It's like explaining tax regulations to an ant.

    Give me an example of a pointed question concerning these matters, and I will try and explain why it is blunt.

    Last edited by Awani; 08-10-2017 at 10:26 AM. Reason: clarify

    Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

+ Reply to Thread

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts