Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: "Hooper's Union"

Blog Entries
    Paracelsus

CHAPTER XII.

GENERAL INSTRUCTION CONCERNING THE ARCANUM OF VITRIOL AND

THE RED TINCTURE TO BE EXTRACTED FROM IT.12

Vitriol is a very noble mineral among the rest, and was held always in highest estimation by philosophers, because the Most High God has adorned it with wonderful gifts. They have veiled its arcanum in enigmatical figures like the following: "Thou shalt go to the inner parts of the earth, and by rectification thou shalt find the occult stone, a true medicine". By the earth they understood the Vitriol itself; and by the inner parts of the earth its sweetness and redness, because in the occult part of the Vitriol lies hid a subtle, noble, and most fragrant juice, and a pure oil. The method of its production is not to be approached by calcination or by distillation. For it must not be deprived on any account of its green colour. If it were, it would at the same time lose its arcanum and its power. Indeed, it should be observed at this point that minerals, and also vegetables and other like things which shew greenness without, contain within themselves an oil red like blood, which is their arcanum.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Blog Entries
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Quote Originally Posted by black View Post
    Hey...Mr. Mixer

If you spend so much time working on spagyrics, there may not
    be enough time left for Alchemy.

It might be worth thinking about which path is for you.

The time you spend on spagyrics is the time you could be studying
    something of value in the Great Work of Alchemy.

Only mentioning this because I care.

There is no second or third place in Alchemy.......Only Winners.
    I get why you are saying it... and I was told the same by different persons some years ago... and I truly disagree.

I like to number things (neurotic)... but this is why:

1) Looking at the introduction of this experiment, I do not really expect to see something incredibly interesting as the result.

2) Even when the result is not amazing, we have a chance to learn something (not really the readers, but those who do it... E.M. in this case).

3) The "old timers" of Alchemy, I mean those who have spent at least a decade, but sometimes several decades with alchemy, look at these experiments and know how silly they are.

4) However the "old timers" do not realize what an AMAZING "school" is even the most *stupid* and *poorly practiced* spagyrics. You learn a lot of things such as how not to break the equipment, how to use heat, how to detect when something is going wrong, that *expecting* something to happen doesn't mean that it will happen, that sometimes things go wrong and you have to think why and detect your mistakes, how to avoid the tendency to buy a super expensive equipment when something by far simpler does the same "trick"... etc.

5) When I began with my lab, ALL I did was the most stupid spagyrics possible (potassium carbonate with alcohol and an essential oil and some water, because otherwise it didn't mix... the damn potassium carbonate didn't like the alcohol! ).

6) What I learnt doing those "stupid experiments" has a huge value for me... if you want to study, say, Engineering at the University, then it's a good idea not to skip primary school.

7) Quite often the "old timers" say: "Oh, but primary school is so stupid compared to studying engineering, why don't you study engineering right now?". It is my opinion that those who began with very *stupid* things have more chances of doing things right when the BIG challenges show up. Alchemy is less forgiving than spagyrics, so it's good to learn the "basic mistakes" of how to proceed with spagyrics. At least in my case I am VERY glad that I did it that way. Actually, it is due to spagyrics that I found myself explaining things to practitioners of alchemy more than a few times (i.e, why something is not working when there isn't a philosophical mistake, but a HUGE practical mistake).

8) Even if the ways of alchemy and the ways of spagyrics are different, a person who doesn't even know how to extract a damn potassium carbonate from a plant has little chances of not doing a lot of disasters when the game becomes alchemical. So these *stupid experiments* are somehow simple and meaningless in comparison to other things... but what a great school they are!!!!

I don't expect something jaw dropping as the result of this experiment... but I have no doubts that the *experience* of having done it will, at some given point, become VERY useful.

P.S, "Hooper's Union"???? Hahaha.... Nobody laughed at such name, so I will

Blog Entries
    I am going to film a Hooper's Union reaction either tonight or tomorrow.

+ Reply to Thread