Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: "Hooper's Union"

Quote Originally Posted by black View Post
    A note for those that do not like to use the term SM.

SM, Alkahest, Water, the It, Mercury, special Stuff, the Gift of the Gods, etc....call it what you will.
    But there is a difference. "Spiritus Mundi" proponents want to make it some sort of "universal thing", supposedly present everywhere, which is totally UNPROVEN SPECULATION, and not just some unusual solvent prepared from some specific matters (which is what it actually is.) That's why it is infinitely preferable to use other less misleading terms for the secret solvent of alchemy, which is very specific and concrete, and certainly not found "everywhere". If it was really found "everywhere" then you should be able to make the Stone out of virtually anything, which is patently absurd and contrary to empirical experience & the statements of the more honest alchemists.

Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    Actually SS (Secret Solvent), or OW (Our Water), or OM (Our Mercury), which is very much tangible and real, but not "SM".
    "SM" = Speculative Musing.
    So true JDP

Actually all of these could be referred to as "SM" = Speculative Musing till you
    get the one that does what you want it to.

e.g. Square peg for the square hole and the round peg for the round hole.

Blog Entries
    Our Water sounds good to me, I don't really like the term spiritus mundi either.

However, i'm interested as all hell to know what matters JDP actually extracts his menstruum from, since i know that it is not the same as what i'll be doing, and yet he claims some success.

I spose ill never know but it is very interesting nonetheless
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Hello to everyone
    hi elixirmixer
    if I can give advice to really understand the SS (Secret Solvent), or OW (Our Water), or OM (Our Mercury) or the true secret solvent philosophical or the menstrum secret solar and the solar magnet key

(As I always say in many post is time to put stop at all the secret so nb about it key of the true secret solvent philosophical see also my post in solar phat and spiritus mundi etc ),

I would remind those who gave the clearest explanation of the philosophical solvent of the ancients and showed us how to do the weindelfel in his secret books of adept and his extremely generous book proromus weindelfel as say the alchimist alexander von bernus in him alchemy and madicine abuout the svp and the secret solvent keys and methods do make he weindelfeld is very very generous and in his books give many secret key on it
    an key of it him weindelfeld give as we see in specilal in book prodromus

To this I carry here the notes of extreme interest on what a recruiter wrote according to his research and concret work on the svp
    spiritus vini philosophici that in my opinion is as secret key of the secret solvent of the ancient of this there are many different version and weindelfel give in him bokks 150 and in him proromus give a key to made it

here some note very very interesting of one very good researh about it

------------------------------------------------

".... I thought a few comments about philosophical wine and its spirit might be interesting at this point, at least to a few. I will refer primarily to Weidenfeld (his Secretis Adeptorum, London, 1685, (S. A.) and his Prodromus Libri Secundi…, London, 1687 (P.)) because he made a significant scholarly attempt to compile and cross reference considerable alchemical writings and knowledge of his time.

First, Weidenfeld states unequivocally the matter of Lully’s and all other philosophers’ wine or equivalent philosophic spirits is to be taken from either the vegetable realm or the animal realm, but not from the mineral (or metallic) realm, and specifically the matter is common plant or animal oil.

“The Adepts made sometimes Menstruums of this Kind, not with the Spirit of Philosophical Wine, but the Matter of it, namely, some Vegetable Oleosum, Thus;” (S. A Secretis Adeptorum,., p 254) and, “If there were no oleosa, the more secret chemistry would be void and impossible.” (P.Prodromus Libri Secundi, Chapt. IV), and further in the same section, “The light of whale oil is not of less worth than that of cinnamon oil. Maybe cinnamon oil is not blackened with so much darkness as cod-liver oil, but the artist, who purifies the cinnamon oil, with the very same labor and effort also removes the impurities of the whale oil…”

It is apparent from these and many other statements Weidenfeld intends a literal meaning for the word oleosum, that is, oil, either plant or animal. He notes many specific examples throughout his works and he further states that after philosophical purification the essence of each is equal.

The oil must first be purified from its external impurity of which he says:

“This dry body not only surrounds and covers the light with its opacity, but is dissolved by the oleosum itself and received into a quasi-marriage with the light, and sometimes in such quantity that it could be a miracle for the inexperienced and unbelieving. Who, if he knew not, would believe that in 16 ounces of the brightest turpentine oil are more than 12 ounces of the blackest Aridum?” (P., Chapt. V) The external feces must be separated by a certain “trick” rather than ordinary distillation, which only thickens and further obscures the hidden light.

The oil must still be freed from a certain internal impurity. This is done by combining with an acidum or acidity, which must first mortify or kill the oleosum, whereof Weidenfeld says: “The acidum is the mother of our stone, without which even the father, the sunlight, is not sufficient. Where the oleosum is named Mercury, there the acidum is named Sulphur, first born male, fire against nature, fire of Pontanus.” (P. Chapt. VII) And further, “Joining the oleosum to the acidum without destruction of either one or the other or both, is hard and almost impossible for the inexperienced. Therefore the adepts have been forced to look for a certain mean to join the extremes.” (P. Chapt. VIII)

From the heads for chapters III to VI in the Prodromus we have these definitions:

1) The most remote matter of the Art is sunlight.

2) The more remote matter of the Art is Oleosum or oil.

3) The remote matter of the Art is Oleosum purified of its external feces.

4) The proximal or closest matter of the Art is Oleosum purified of its internal feces.

What remains is to discover the practical methods for accomplishing the two purifications of the readily available oils (preferably plant oils, which are less obscured by excremental impurities). The first purification is more mechanical and can be discovered by study and experimentation. The second is philosophical and includes understanding of the medium or mean, and would seem to require more persistence and greater discernment.

Regards,....."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

here the weindelfeld Secretis Adeptorum

http://www.abardoncompanion.de/Alex/Weidenfeld.pdf

here the weindelfeld Prodromus Libri Secundi

https://www.scribd.com/document/3416...ibri-Secundi-1

about also the key espication in VERY OPEN FORM on as MAKE the TRUE SECRET SOLVENT PHILOSOPHICAL there are very important (-as always say. the manuscript cristoforo parigino disciple of raimondo lullo titled sumetta violetta and lucidarius NB and of these there are of this some compendiun of the some transcription and translation in french language -now i try to found it-)

http://brbl-dl.library.yale.edu/vufind/Record/3792464

NB so now
    if we want we all together can deep and study and analised and experiment all this true key secret OF THESE SOLVENT PHILOSOPHICAL SOLAR ...

my best regard alfr
    Last edited by alfr; 6 Days Ago at 04:54 PM.

Blog Entries
    I will happily study these out with you Alfr.

Just to be clear, are you suggesting that there is a special way to work oleo resins such as frankincense and myrrh, and create special elixirs and menstruums. Am I correct? And this is all using Our Waters?
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    Mr Black, your advices are always welcome I think your right too, so I am basically goin to focus on completing my current Spagyrics work and then taking a break. Spring starts shortly down here and my entire spring is likely to be focused on making SM.

Do you work with the spirit Black?

-------------------------------------

Axis, I will look at this magistry shorty. I'm not sure if an alcohol mix will work I haven't tried however I don't see why it wouldn't.

You do a lot of this type of work axis, you should do this just to see the reaction, it's quite remarkable
    Spagyric work does't really address this issue if SM. Their are two critical issues with basic Spagyrics:

1. The alcohol acts as a menstruum (which is why it is termed Mercury), it extracts the etheric soul from the plant. This is the white pearlescent liquid left behind when you distill the alcohol 7 times to purify the alcohol. This is sometimes called Lysol and is used to very gently and carefully leach the salts you get from the gum when this is calcinated. If you cook it too much you cook off the soul and the elixir is a fail. So SM is not addressed here instead the 'Mercury' is the menstruum, the extraction medium to draw out the soul of the plant. Spagyrics does not seek to extract or isolate SM

2. The Salts from the calcination of the plant matter (not the gum) are called the 'Salt' but they do not recombine with the rest of it readily. This is why it is incubated or circulated for a considerable time to get some of the salt combined with the so called Mercury and Sulphur, the sticky Sulphur salts go into the liquid more readily. The Salts have to be volatised which the magisterie method does better. For a time the great secret with the magisterie method was that you heat the Salt so it lacks water of crystallisation and then quench these hot salts in the essential oil, this will open the salts. The salt will then more readily distill across and combine in the final product. There is a degree of conceit about how much of the salts crystallise in the retort with each rotation, how volatilised they are. Personally I think if Adolf Hitler and the Dalai Lhama both used the same method and equipment side by side they would get the same outcome. These are Spagyric works not Alchemical works hence no SM.

The whole issue of SM is simply not addressed in Spagyrics. Hollandus Opera Vegetabilia does discuss this but it is not Spagyrics it is plant Alchemy and most stinky.

Blog Entries
    The Hooper Union is a way that GREATLY effects ALL components of the plant, what it does, is take alcohol, with many oils (lipids) which are hydrophobic (they don't like water, repel from it in fact) and then on the other hand, you have water, which is extremely dissolvable in alcohol, and you have alkali salts, which act to PENETRATE the oil, and extract its inner natures, simultaneously release this 'soul' your speaking of, and this is signified, by the blood red, or the pearl white that occurs as a result of these reactions.

Water on the one hand, and Ethanol on the other, will cause a great conflict between the salts and the extracted sulphur. this causes a 'stabbing of the heart' releasing the plants hidden blood and also a separate INCREDIBLE substance, which distils readily over with the ethanol, and it is truly a privilege for the tongue, to taste this golden liquid, because it truly is the inner naked pure character of a plant, in all its glory, and I certainly believe, that this HOOPER'S UNION method, is the beginning to a further process which can lead me again to where I want to be, which is Ruby Red Stones, from everything I make.

I would love it if you give this a go Axis, and tell us of your results

I'm sure you of all people have some spare plant ashes and ethanol lying around

Good chatting~!

hi elixirmixer' and all friend are deep interesting in it svp solvent phil secret menstrun solar etc

ok we start all Together with analyzing it we work etc on these

but before i want say -nb I'm just a researcher like all you and nothing more open (and as I have always said in my posts) but I think that in the tragic century of 2000 in the face of the total incoherent tragic catastrophe announced for the all humanity so imho in this tragic time the alchemical secrets are imho now childish Useless and opsoleti (instead it in the past as the true mysterious schools were open had a profound sense - So it is clear what I can do is always with those who want to deepen the secrets explained by the weindelfel von bernus etc etc secrets that come from everybody, and cross each other then arrives to understand and so we will take step by step always together the osslocks Put on the path of antiquity little charity that deliberately swing And depict)

so Therefore, said and clarified vey well this now we pass from words to facts :

now one component of the basis svp as say weindelfel in him segretum adeptorum and prodromus a vegetable oils and animals oils
    That weindelfel in his books call how oleosum is now

On all this, read very well segretum adeptorum and the prodromus

http://www.abardoncompanion.de/Alex/Weidenfeld.pdf

https://www.scribd.com/document/3416...ibri-Secundi-1

and look good the key weindelfeld on how to create the base (a kind of sulfur liver) which is the base of the svp and if you read the whole book you will notice that only in this recipe All the book weindelfel tells us that the base of the SVP is made of oil Of linen And sulfur

so we all read very well this weindelfeld pag 156 recipe 97 that I attach here:

[I]97. The Water of the sixth Gradation of Paracelsus.
    Libro de Gradationibus, pag. 132.
    Take of Sulphur vive, two pounds, of Linseed Oyl, four pounds, boyl them to a Composition (commonly called the Liver of Sulphur) which must be distilled into an Oyl

(by a peculiar and Philosophical manual Operation, appertaining to the making of the Spirit of Philosophical Wine:)

97. The Water of the sixth Gradation of Paracelsus.
    Libro de Gradationibus, pag. 132.
    Take of Sulphur vive, two pounds, of Linseed Oyl, four pounds, boyl them to a Composition (commonly called the Liver of Sulphur) which must be distilled into an Oyl (by a peculiar and Philosophical manual Operation, appertaining to the making of the Spirit of Philosophical Wine To this must be added again the same quantity of Sulphur vive, and boyl’d as before to a Composition, and digested in Horse-dung for a Month, or if longer, better: Then must be added of Sal Niter, Vitriol, Alume (Ingredients of Aqua fortis) Flos Æris, Crocus of Mars, Cinabar, (to increase the Tincture of the Sulphur) of each half a Verto (einem halben vierling, that is, a fourth part of half a pound, or two ounces) distil whatsoever will ascend, and take away the Liquors, the Oyls only being kept (not Oyl, but Oyls, because they are two, White and Red) which must be put into a glass Cucurbit, the Species being added, as before, and the Caput mortuum pulverized; distil them again together as before; then pour the distillation back to the Fæces, and let it be putrified again for a Month, and distilled again: Then the Colours being evacuated or separated (the Red from the White) keep the Red, and rectifie it as is requisite, in which let Plates of Luna be digested a due time, and then reduced by cupellation.
    Paracelsus sometimes made this Oyl or Fire of Sulphur by itself, without other tinging things for the graduating of pretious Stones as well as Metals. It is come to that, saith he, pag. 200.) Lib. de Sulph. that the Spirit of Transmutation hath given his Receipt of making a Liver or Lung out of Linseed Oyl and Sulphur: The distillation of this Lung or Liver is done many ways; but it is found by operating, that this Liver yields a Milk nothing differing from common Milk, being thick and fat; it yielded also a red Oyl like Blood: This Milk and that
    Blood confounded not their Colour and Essence by distillation, but remained distinct nd separate one from the other, the White setling to the bottom, and the Red ascending to the top; Now Art has been solicitous in making Silver out of the White or Milk, and out of the Red, Gold; but to me it is plain that never any thing could be either by the Ancient or Modern Philosophers done with the White or Milk (of Sulphur) I do therefore affirm that Milk to be dead, and nothing contained in it: But as to the Red Oyl which yields the Liver, observe, every Cristal or Beril being first well polished or purified, etc. (See the fourth Book concerning the Use of this Oyl in the Gradations of Pretious Stones) exalts Gems even to the highest degree, yea higher than they can be exalted by Nature: Here also note, that all Silver put into it a due time, at length grows black, and leaves a golden Calx, yet not fixed before its exact time, but a volatile and immature thing; but if it hath its time, it performs all things feasible, whereof no more must be here declared. Thus therefore observe of Sulphur, if it be taken into degrees, the more subtil, clearer, higher, and of quicker operation it is, the higher and better it is: This way are Metals and Stones made. He that is about to attempt it, must not think, but know himself able; for it is, as to Operation, the most dangerous Labour in all Alchymy, and therefore requires notable Experience, and repeated Practice, nor must he proceed by Hear-say, but by much Experience, etc. Yet not being satisfied with the strength of this Oyl in this twelfth gradation, he was willing to exalt it yet higher with other tinging things, as Flores Æris, and Crocus of Mars, by which Paracelsus meant not Common but Philosophical Medicines. We perceive, saith he, Lib. 4. Archid. de Essentiis, pag. 16. Verdegrease is accounted the Quintessence of Venus, whereas it is not; but the Crocus of Venus is a Quintessence so as to be understood. Flos Æris is a (common) transmutation with a thick and subtil substance together, extracted out of the whole Complexion of Copper, wherefore it can be no Quintessence; but the Crocus of Venus, as we have taught, is a true Quintessence, it being a potable thing, without corrosion, and in mixtion divided from the Body, very subtil, yea more than I am minded here to write, to avoid prolixity. So also the Crocus of Mars and the rust of it has hitherto been esteemed a Quintessence, it not being so; but the (true) Crocus of Mars is the Oyl of Mars, (which is sometimes in a dry form under the Name of an Essence, and called the Philosophical Crocus of Mars in the second Book of Medicines.

weindelfeld From the Receipts we observe...."...........

So if we observe we see that the base on which to develop the SVP and later its composite forms and called sulfur liver and in this recipe 97 it is developed with flax and sulfur oil, so it is on these bases and lines to be developed our Research and work ...

And sulfur liver compositions there are many of them in digital RAMS (now i found it ) that handle and there was a great description that I saw with many photos that I now try to attach to a good fridge alchemist etc and with regard to very enlightening advice And I attach here
    The text now transcribed from German in English

The nuovum lumen medicum

http://quod.lib.umich.edu/e/eebo/A55...;view=fulltext

(But unfortunately it's a bit ugly in English)
    Text the nuovum lumen medicum which is of alchemist Poleman Joachim - 1662
    And Poleman Joachim was very close to the famous alchemist von hemont in particular regarding the solvent and sulfur liver, apart from the in-depth study of the text that it is of extreme import to see in this text the cap 2 where the keys on sulfur sulfur oil are indicated Solvent etc
    And after all together, we will read again with some other eyes the pontanus and its secret fire and to that also referring to what it says about sulfur and sulfur oil pag 90 of de igne magorum of the famous
    of Khunrath, Heinrich
    de igne magorum
    http://visualiseur.bnf.fr/CadresFene...ndefer&fref=gc

Always to find out more about the svp there is a text in German that is titled kunckel Epistola contra Spiritum vini sine acido

https://books.google.it/books?id=bZh...page&q&f=false

kunckel plot Discuss as how to create SVP with mortifican methods
    With acidum

http://eprints.lincoln.ac.uk/14610/1/291006.proof.pdf

Which is small and how it is described in the pdf is very interesting and that it would be well translated and extremely interesting are the counterclaims of kunckel and plot see pdf attached here as you can see in the times in open environments without para eyes or vision Dull the search was open and explicit

Any contribution will be explicit and clear and without puerili and opsoleti and useless I say and I do not say extremely welcome (abstain others I do not mean to have confrontation or nb useless controversies that nb I do not collect with vision opsolete etc) opening ourselves sincerely to the unnecessary secrets now Only fools in tragic 2000 research and experimental verification will be profitable for everyone

My best regard

Curiously that oil of haarlem Which was said to be miraculous and that it is described by many ancient texts was make by one special sulfur liver based on linseed oil - sulfur and + turpentine

here recipe of this oil made wihth one special sulfur liver (by nitrogen rewiu)

The veritable paracelsian Oil of Haarlem
    And some other formulas regarding sulfur as a polychrest The Medicamentum Gratia Probatum The current formula of the Paracelsian oil of Haarlem that I know, is composed as follows: turpentine[ 1] 20 ana, linseed oil 1 ana, flowers of sulfur 4 ana. These substances, thoroughly mixed, are left to circulate on a steam bath in a flask, or in a circulator, if not in twins or pelican, until the liquid turns red amber. It is an arcana who has many uses, internal and external, and is still considered by many main stream physicians as a treatment for arthritis and gout. Apparently this formula was handed down by Paracelsus, rediscovered in Leiden and supported by Giuliano Kremmerz[ 2] in the early twentieth century. A comment which is quite funny, even if not particularly respectful, regarding this arcana, comes from a newspaper of 1893, published in France by the Goncourt Brothers: “This Haarlem Oil, ordered by a doctor of that time, is a drug that seems to have been invented by a medieval hermetist […] after taking a few drops it goes back to the stomach as a fume that has the peculiar smell of the asphalt commonly used to repair sidewalks[ 3].“
    Examining the ingredients I believe that the sulfur flowers are a volatile salt, while turpentine could be in this case the (essential) principle Sulphur, tempered by the synergy with linseed oil. Paracelsus in his formulas usually suggested the use of the raw and sticky turpentine, the one used in the cobbler's glue, that is, the direct exudate of the plant; We do not really know when the essence for the Huile de Haarlem, that is the resin distilled, has been used. We know that in linseed oil there is linoleic acid, which is very beneficial, albeit somewhat perishable even when slightly heated. I believe that the alchemical Essential of Mercury is manifested through circulation, by heating, as it was at the beginning of this process, being that the sulfur has been already heated and collected as a sublimation of its volatile salt[ 4] - that is the flowers of sulfur. So the burning sulfur that easily distills, funny to say, represents the Essential of Mercury. The alchemical Essential of Sulphur, is here the turpentine, while the alchemical Essential of Salt, is manifested by the flowers of sulfur. Of course, there is no need to create a visible movement in the circulating liquid, just some drops on the walls of the flask, always remain below 65 ° C, allowing some degrees fluctuation, but always below this temperature.
    Last edited by alfr; 6 Days Ago at 05:40 PM.

Blog Entries
    oil based sulphur, very interesting.... I will have to look into this a bit more.

Have you made any of this before Alfr?

I try my best to avoid distilling acids, but ifs it has to be done...

i have a good friend work on svp weindelfeld prodromus an novum lumen medicum and different species of Liver of Sulphur etc and have a very very important big result
    me too
    I try my best to avoid distilling acids, but ifs it has to be done

but after many deep study i found that alexandre von bernus in hin book alchemy and medicine and weindelfeld in secretum adeptorum and prodromus on the key secret of motification of one oleosun with one acidum that are the very secret key of the base of svp about it have total reason so now i work in it also wiht my freien very expert in it

So about these here some note about svp of one a very good research

I thought a few comments about philosophical wine and its spirit might be interesting at this point, at least to a few. I will refer primarily to Weidenfeld (his Secretis Adeptorum, London, 1685, (S. A.) and his Prodromus Libri Secundi…, London, 1687 (P.)) because he made a significant scholarly attempt to compile and cross reference considerable alchemical writings and knowledge of his time.

First, Weidenfeld states unequivocally the matter of Lully’s and all other philosophers’ wine or equivalent philosophic spirits is to be taken from either the vegetable realm or the animal realm, but not from the mineral (or metallic) realm, and specifically the matter is common plant or animal oil.

“The Adepts made sometimes Menstruums of this Kind, not with the Spirit of Philosophical Wine, but the Matter of it, namely, some Vegetable Oleosum, Thus;” (S. A Secretis Adeptorum,., p 254) and, “If there were no oleosa, the more secret chemistry would be void and impossible.” (P.Prodromus Libri Secundi, Chapt. IV), and further in the same section, “The light of whale oil is not of less worth than that of cinnamon oil. Maybe cinnamon oil is not blackened with so much darkness as cod-liver oil, but the artist, who purifies the cinnamon oil, with the very same labor and effort also removes the impurities of the whale oil…”

It is apparent from these and many other statements Weidenfeld intends a literal meaning for the word oleosum, that is, oil, either plant or animal. He notes many specific examples throughout his works and he further states that after philosophical purification the essence of each is equal.

The oil must first be purified from its external impurity of which he says:

“This dry body not only surrounds and covers the light with its opacity, but is dissolved by the oleosum itself and received into a quasi-marriage with the light, and sometimes in such quantity that it could be a miracle for the inexperienced and unbelieving. Who, if he knew not, would believe that in 16 ounces of the brightest turpentine oil are more than 12 ounces of the blackest Aridum?” (P., Chapt. V) The external feces must be separated by a certain “trick” rather than ordinary distillation, which only thickens and further obscures the hidden light.

The oil must still be freed from a certain internal impurity. This is done by combining with an acidum or acidity, which must first mortify or kill the oleosum, whereof Weidenfeld says: “The acidum is the mother of our stone, without which even the father, the sunlight, is not sufficient. Where the oleosum is named Mercury, there the acidum is named Sulphur, first born male, fire against nature, fire of Pontanus.” (P. Chapt. VII) And further, “Joining the oleosum to the acidum without destruction of either one or the other or both, is hard and almost impossible for the inexperienced. Therefore the adepts have been forced to look for a certain mean to join the extremes.” (P. Chapt. VIII)

From the heads for chapters III to VI in the Prodromus we have these definitions:

1) The most remote matter of the Art is sunlight.

2) The more remote matter of the Art is Oleosum or oil.

3) The remote matter of the Art is Oleosum purified of its external feces.

4) The proximal or closest matter of the Art is Oleosum purified of its internal feces.

What remains is to discover the practical methods for accomplishing the two purifications of the readily available oils (preferably plant oils, which are less obscured by excremental impurities). The first purification is more mechanical and can be discovered by study and experimentation. The second is philosophical and includes understanding of the medium or mean, and would seem to require more persistence and greater discernment.

Regards,

my best regard
    Last edited by alfr; 6 Days Ago at 06:22 AM.

+ Reply to Thread