Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

View Poll Results: JDP moderator

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 45.45%
  • No

4 36.36%
  • Someone else (post suggestion)

2 18.18%
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Warning: play nice

Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich View Post

To be a gate keeper and defender of the art you need first to posses the art but ok i voted yes.
    Formerly known as True Puffer

Quote Originally Posted by True Initiate View Post
    AGAPDOTAJDP
    (Almighty Gatekeeper And Prince Defender Of The Art) JDP!

To be a gate keeper and defender of the art you need first to posses the art but ok i voted yes.
    I've asked everyone openly on this forum before, and I will ask this openly again to anyone willing to answer...

Do you know ANYONE who has accomplished anything worthwhile with Alchemy?

Blog Entries
    I'm not sure if accomplishing anything "worthwhile" in Alchemy is so significantly relevant to whether one can be a good forum moderator or not

The criteria for threads like this one should (IMO) not strictly/mainly be about one's alchemical knowledge, but mostly about one's ability to act (as much as possible) as a good housekeeper...

O.K... I voted "no" (sorry, JDP... though I don't know if being a moderator is important for you, probably not).

I have zero doubts about the fact that JDP has a good knowledge of alchemy (and a very personal perspective, I often do not agree with it)... but he also has a tendency to get into endless arguments (I can't deny the fact that he is VERY passionate and that's good, but sometimes not the best personality for a moderator).

So I have nothing against JDP, but I would choose someone who is a bit more balanced... people like Zo K, Pierre, Salazius, True Initiate come to my mind.
    It's not based on the "alchemical knowledge" or "alchemical achievements" of each one... It's simply because they have less "explosive" personalities.

I don't dislike JDP at all, just thinking about who would be good as a moderator.

Blog Entries
    I've asked everyone openly on this forum before, and I will ask this openly again to anyone willing to answer...
    Do you know ANYONE who has accomplished anything worthwhile with Alchemy?
    I've posted two photos today in the transmutation thread. Do you consider my two types of transmutations as worthwile ? I know photos prove nothing. I know that.

And by the way, if ever someone who did something truly worthwile (as a rejuvenation for example), would they claim it openly here ? I doubt it.
    Salazius

http://dartigne.blogspot.com/

My Works

"I want to transmute everywhere" ~ The Spirit of Alchemy.

A lot...
    Last edited by True Initiate; 08-14-2017 at 08:47 PM.
    Formerly known as True Puffer

Quote Originally Posted by Kiorionis View Post
    You don't like the nomination?

I don't mind it, but it is funny how and why it was proposed.

Blog Entries
    wow. this place has changed. and JDP is the least moderate of all members. You can't give what you don't have, and he has no capacity for moderation.
    but you might as well make him one. he's already the bouncer at the door that harasses everyone with an idea that isn't like his. just give him the whole site.
    i'll stick to facebook.
    http://serpentrioarquila.blogspot.com/

"To conjure is nothing else than to observe anything rightly, to know and understand what it is." - Paracelsus

"Why, then, don't you act when you see the danger of your conditioning? The answer is you don't see... seeing is acting." J. Krishnamurti

Blog Entries
    ]Do you know ANYONE who has accomplished anything worthwhile with Alchemy?
    YES, but classified by your definition of alchemy (and of JDPs) then NO... nor am I interested in accomplishing such things either. I have only one agenda, and it is reserved only for me. And it is the only thing I post about (if it seems like it or not), and the only reason I post is because it is a way to distill some thoughts I have. Just a tool... I could use a diary, but for some reason writing things in public makes me question/evaluate myself more. A diary is too much of a closed loop.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries

Mod post + warning

Ok enough horsing around. JDP is not going to be a moderator.* You think I am a moron. Here are some examples of quotes by JDP from just ONE single post... and there are hundreds more like it:

The fact that you think that this has anything to do with alchemy already says much about how little you understand the subject. And even your "understanding" of plain ordinary chemistry is amusing, to say the least.
    Well, pardon me for wanting to help misguided seekers like you get out of your erroneous theories/speculations. By all means go back to wasting your time and money with things that are not alchemical even by a huge stretch of the imagination.
    Yes, naughty uncle JDP is such a bummer, he rains on my parade of erroneous speculations. I wish I could just block him so that I can continue to fool myself and others into thinking that I can somehow make the Stone...
    Maybe because, much like you, the majority of seekers after the Stone have rather little empirical experience, also rather limited acquaintance with actual alchemical texts, and therefore often fall into outlandish or erroneous schemes.
    So whenever I consider it opportune, I like to point out problems with many seekers' theories regarding the subject, hoping that they will see the error of their conclusions and move on to other more probable ideas. But hey, if you enjoy sending people into blind alleys, be my guest.
    "No, instead listen to my erroneous and unrealistic theories about soluble silicates being the matter of the Stone! Let my unrealistic hopes & dreams control you, and don't listen to anyone who points out the fallacies in my claims. Naughty-naughty, uncle JDP!!!"
    And I thought this could have turned out to be a "serious" discussion regarding actual alchemy.
    Says the guy who has been "pissing" around these forums since 2009!
    JDP might be right, but the manner in which he is right is the mannerisms of an asshole, and that is not the vibe we want in Alchemy Forums. If anyone does not agree with this, simply re-read the above quotes and tell me it does not sound like some stuck up cunt? Not saying JDP is that, just that that is what it sounds like.

I have nothing against JDP or his "knowledge". In the future, please provide such knowledge in a gentler and more inclusive and constructive way.

We want a friendly, fun and relaxed time here. It's not a pissing contest.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This thread was a clever (and novel) way to issue a warning that will only be given once (try me).

And it is not only directed at JDP. I direct it at EVERYONE (including myself), but JDP has a high score in this area no doubt.

From now on the language has to be different. People can believe what they want and if ANYONE disagree it goes like this:

"...the way I see it is that..."

"...I do not agree because in this book it states XXX, what do you think about that..."

NOT:

"...clearly you do not know anything..."

"...because I say so..."

"...everyone who thinks like you are a fool, and if you listen to me you will be less of a fool..."

It doesn't matter who gets BANNED to me. I gain neither fame nor fortune from this place, and I'll probably be posting here even if I was completely alone. So don't think I will hesitate.

I acted alone in this "operation", no other moderator was 'in the know'.

End of message.

* JDP lost 6 to 5, even if the poll would become a reality (I also know who voted "yes" and "no"... that's right... welcome to North Korea muthafuckers)... muhahahaha...

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Closed Thread