Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: alchemy - the unbroken chain of being

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    876
    Quote Originally Posted by solomon levi View Post
    Alchemy is everything. Alchemy is not a part of the whole, but is the whole. Alchemy is the unfolding/folding of the one, which is everywhere you look and don't look.

    If you ask me, i'd say it's about dimensions, and that that's all there is - dimensions within/out dimensions, within/out dimensions.... that is multiplication. Projection is "casting out Lucifer", casting out Adam and Eve, The Gehennical Fires of Judgement...
    Can you expound more on the "Projection" bit, solomon levi?

    Do you view "casting out Lucifer" as metaphorical?

    Is "casing out Adam and Eve" an allusion to part of the Great Work?

    Could the "Gehennical Fires of Judgement" be spiritus mundi?



    Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    But what some forum members here systematically fail to understand, is that it's not about the WHAT, it's about the HOW...
    Fuck that! This is not kindergarten, this is not some politically correct tolerant gathering, this is "Awani's Great Board Of Drivel & Misguided Fools"..errr....I mean "Alchemy Forums"! Posters should respond exactly HOW they want about WHAT they want. I do not want to be talked to like a child, nor do I want to be patronized by gentle speech. Quite the opposite actually; I want to be slapped in the face with opposing viewpoints and exposed to graphic realizations I would have never otherwise been exposed to!



    Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    Don't like a post mentioning a Universal Spirit? Don't respond to it!
    Or....GROW, LEARN, SHARPEN YOUR BLADE, DEVELOP WISDOM, CULTIVATE YOUR MIND by discussing things with other members here. Or, as you suggest, simply don't respond. Ah, message boards; they're the best!!!

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In the moment...
    Posts
    8,077
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    But you SHOULD oppose wrong claims when you see them. "Silence implies consent", as the saying goes.
    No, I don't think it does, only if one deems themselves as the keeper of Truth.

    zoas23 posts Morrissey videos a lot in his posts. I personally don't like that music at all. I think this might be the first time I state this publically. I don't think my silence in this matter has implied I like Morrissey. Maybe bad example as it concerns taste... still... if one wants to oppose wrong claims there are two ways to do it: as a bully or with tenderness

    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    Some people are still actually wasting time & money in these attempts at making the Stone with only one substance.
    Then place that in your signature, which is helpful because then you don't have to repeat it constantly. See my own tag line below: Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    The difference, however, is that the "Ayahuasca" thing is not really hurting anyone.
    Damn straight, quite the opposite... if you join the party that is. Wink wink.

    I personally have started to love hearing people dislike psychedelics, or place little value on it... because to me that is super hilarious... those in the know (that have travelled the distance), know what I mean. LOL.

    Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,455
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    Correct. It wasn't actually meant for the VICTIMS of the "one matter only" trap, but to those who purposefully used it to make those VICTIMS waste their time & money.
    Yes, your intentions are clear.
    Have in mind that several persons in this forum actually work many paths and one of them involves ONE substance only. I know all the reasons that make you dislike the idea, why you think it is wrong, etc.
    The problem with such thing is that we can't have a damn thread about it without you explaining that it's "wrong". So even if your intentions are GOOD, you are disturbing.
    I have no problems if you create a thread titled "The bulllshit of the one thing idea"... awesome.
    But when it is impossible to have a single thread that doesn't finish with an endless discussion with you, then that's a problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    That's because you believe in unproven things like "Spiritus Mundi" supposedly being "real" (the odds are highly likely that you are just confusing some real substance with that HYPOTHETICAL "spirit", as it happened to many in the past who fell for this claim.) When I say that it is impossible to make the Stone with only one substance I mean REAL & TANGIBLE substances that everyone can actually get their hands on. This is what has been fooling many through the centuries thanks to the "one matter only" pushers. These old-timers weren't trying to "materialize" or "condense" some supposed "spirit" out of thin air (which in itself is another blind alley) but taking very real and tangible substances, like, say, mercury, or galena, or dung, or clay, etc. and then trying to make the Stone with it and nothing else. You will simply never see all the reactions the alchemists describe in their books by manipulating any single matter by itself. It's just not going to happen. The failures of countless seekers through the centuries who followed this approach pretty much say it all. Add to that the fact that modern (ordinary) chemists have also been submitting just about every naturally available substance to all manner of operations for more than 200 years in order to asses their compositions and characteristics, and they have stumbled upon none that displays all the series of reactions the alchemists describe, and the evidence is even more damning against the "one matter only" claims. It is simply naive to expect alchemical results by manipulating only one substance. It goes against the accumulated empirical experience of many centuries.
    EXCELLENT! Create a thread about it and I am fine with discussing it, I really have no problems (nor I think ANYONE will). I am simply suggesting you to let the ones who work with the Spirit talk in peace in some specific threads. Is that too much to ask?

    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    So what you would like is for this type of claim to go around unchallenged, so that more unwary seekers can fall into this death-trap and waste their time and money just like it happened to countless others in the past? The fact that you know what I think regarding this type of claim does not mean that everyone who might stumble upon it does. There is nothing wrong with an opposing view on any thread.
    I'll go back to my Ayahuasca example... if I get into every damn thread about Ayahuasca as to give my opinion... I guess that the ones who REALLY want to talk about Ayahuasca will end up being disturbed. I do not have the intention of making a campaign against ayahuasca, but if I had that intention, maybe I should create a thread titled: "Why Ayahuasca won't enlighten you"... and I can discuss THERE my views without interfering in the threads were the ayahuasca enthusiasts talk about their interests.

    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    But you SHOULD oppose wrong claims when you see them. "Silence implies consent", as the saying goes. The difference, however, is that the "Ayahuasca" thing is not really hurting anyone. Yes, it is wrong, alchemy has nothing to do with that, but it is not really harming anyone, so naturally I am not as concerned about it. The "one matter only" thingy is. Some people are still actually wasting time & money in these attempts at making the Stone with only one substance.
    To be honest, if someone was posting a path that will certainly cause deaths or injuries... I don't know, a path that proposes drinking ordinary mercury to purify the soul (I'm just inventing something stupid)... then in that case silence doesn't simply imply consent, it's even criminal.... and it's even a duty to tell the person making the thread: "Are you insane? You are going to end up dead, Mercury is toxic because of X and X reason... please, everyone, this is not alchemy, this is idiocy".
    The one matter only won't kill anyone... so CAN YOU PLEASE STOP INTERRUPTING EVERY THREAD ABOUT IT?
    You can even create a thread about such thing and discuss your ideas there... I am perfectly fine with such thing. Same thing that dismissing the "one thing" theory in a thread that is more "general" is perfectly fine (i.e, maybe someone creates a thread about Geber and says that Geber worked with one thing only... it would be OK to bring the infamous blue quotes and show all the books that make such claim impossible to sustain).
    I often disagree with you, but I know you are not stupid at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    You didn't know who Sammy Hagar was until I posted that??? Strange, considering your posts show that you are familiar with rock music.
    You can make an exception with Hard Rock & Heavy Metal... I just saw that he had something to do with Van Halen... I can't tell the difference between a song by Van Halen and a song by Led Zeppelin and a song by Aerosmith. I'm not into THAT kind of music at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    You know that because you are a regular, but plenty of people who waltz through some thread may not know it. Why are you so afraid others find out about opposition to this "one matter only" claim?
    I have ZERO problems with the opposition to the one matter only path... I do have a problem when it is impossible to have a single thread that doesn't finish with an endless argument with you.
    LOL... Ever lived with several cats? If you did, then you may have noticed that they have zones of interaction and "special zones" in which they won't let other cats get into... but they are peaceful, they simply have these rules as to avoid conflict. The "special zone" is quite small, whilst the zone of interaction is almost the whole house. So it is a matter of respect.

    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    And by the way, this thread was not specifically about the "one matter only" claim either. Another poster brought it up. So naturally I felt compelled to oppose this ruse and not be silent about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by solomon levi View Post
    This is why alchemy is one thing. Because one thing is all there is. It doesn't mean there's only one right choice you can make and all the others are wrong. - sa
    You are a lot of things, JDP... but stupid is not one of them. What was this thread about, JDP?

    And the question itself brings the problem... this thread was about a view that Solom has... and now it is, just like many other threads, about "what JDP understands as alchemy"... Do you see the problem?
    Awani suggested "good manners"... I don't think it is a matter of how you say things, but interrupting every damn thread makes the forum by far less enjoyable to a LOT of persons... even if you write with delicate velvet gloves. So it is a matter of respect.
    AND you can always create a fantastic "Why the one thing idea is bullshit" thread... and I doubt ANYONE will have a problem with such thing (and I would be fine in participating there if you desire to counter arguments).

    Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    zoas23 posts Morrissey videos a lot in his posts. I personally don't like that music at all. I think this might be the first time I state this publically. I don't think my silence in this matter has implied I like Morrissey.
    Criticizing ayahuasca, the one thing idea, religion, etc... is one thing.
    But criticizing Morrissey... that's simply not acceptable in any context Awani!
    Last edited by zoas23; 08-15-2017 at 08:03 PM. Reason: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H8IlCRv-U4

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,815
    Quote Originally Posted by zoas23 View Post
    Yes, your intentions are clear.
    Have in mind that several persons in this forum actually work many paths and one of them involves ONE substance only. I know all the reasons that make you dislike the idea, why you think it is wrong, etc.
    The problem with such thing is that we can't have a damn thread about it without you explaining that it's "wrong". So even if your intentions are GOOD, you are disturbing.
    I have no problems if you create a thread titled "The bulllshit of the one thing idea"... awesome.
    But when it is impossible to have a single thread that doesn't finish with an endless discussion with you, then that's a problem.
    It seems that you are not familiar with how public forums should work. If you only want like-minded people participating in a particular thread, then make it a private one, not a public one where anyone has access to. By making it public you are openly inviting ANYONE to participate, and NOWHERE is it written that dissenting views should be barred from public threads. Again, only if you somehow feel threatened by views different than your own should you really be bothered by opposing arguments. I don't mind when people come around and tell me that they actually believe that "one matter only" should work, but I will respond to their claims with counter-arguments.

    To be honest, if someone was posting a path that will certainly cause deaths or injuries... I don't know, a path that proposes drinking ordinary mercury to purify the soul (I'm just inventing something stupid)... then in that case silence doesn't simply imply consent, it's even criminal.... and it's even a duty to tell the person making the thread: "Are you insane? You are going to end up dead, Mercury is toxic because of X and X reason... please, everyone, this is not alchemy, this is idiocy".
    The one matter only won't kill anyone... so CAN YOU PLEASE STOP INTERRUPTING EVERY THREAD ABOUT IT?
    So you call wasting people's time & money "harmless"? Are you aware that the chief argument of "humanists" against alchemy (or rather what they thought "alchemy" was) was in fact that it tended to sooner or later send many people to the poorhouse? Does this famous engraving ring a bell?



    You can make an exception with Hard Rock & Heavy Metal... I just saw that he had something to do with Van Halen... I can't tell the difference between a song by Van Halen and a song by Led Zeppelin and a song by Aerosmith. I'm not into THAT kind of music at all.
    Then how come you seem familiar with Punk Rock?


    You are a lot of things, JDP... but stupid is not one of them. What was this thread about, JDP?
    Apparently you missed the fact that the original post is rather vague and contradictory, stating also things like "Alchemy is everything". The specific claim that the Stone is made from "one matter only" was actually brought up by Schmuldvich (who must have interpreted that the OP was actually trying to imply something regarding this), not the OP.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    876
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    It seems that you are not familiar with how public forums should work. If you only want like-minded people participating in a particular thread, then make it a private one, not a public one where anyone has access to. By making it public you are openly inviting ANYONE to participate, and NOWHERE is it written that dissenting views should be barred from public threads. Again, only if you somehow feel threatened by views different than your own should you really be bothered by opposing arguments.
    Yes!!

    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    Apparently you missed the fact that the original post is rather vague and contradictory, stating also things like "Alchemy is everything". The specific claim that the Stone is made from "one matter only" was actually brought up by Schmuldvich (who must have interpreted that the OP was actually trying to imply something regarding this), not the OP.
    No...just spurring discussion (in my own way). I knew solomon levi hadn't a clue what he was talking about and was hoping you would jump in and provide the counter-argument to my claim. Everything went exactly to plan.


    ...I still would like to know explicitly what solomon levi was referring to with "casting out Lucifer", "casting out Adam and Eve", and "the Gehennical Fires of Judgement". He asserts these all have something to do with Projection, whereas I believe these things have very little to do with our Projection and are truly descriptive metaphors describing certain Steps of our Great Work.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,815
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich View Post
    Yes!!


    No...just spurring discussion (in my own way). I knew solomon levi hadn't a clue what he was talking about and was hoping you would jump in and provide the counter-argument to my claim. Everything went exactly to plan.


    ...I still would like to know explicitly what solomon levi was referring to with "casting out Lucifer", "casting out Adam and Eve", and "the Gehennical Fires of Judgement". He asserts these all have something to do with Projection, whereas I believe these things have very little to do with our Projection and are truly descriptive metaphors describing certain Steps of our Great Work.
    LOL! You are a very calculating person.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,455
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    It seems that you are not familiar with how public forums should work.
    They can work in many ways, JDP... but I guess that the best thing is when they work in a way that makes the communication become interesting for the persons who participate.

    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    Again, only if you somehow feel threatened by views different than your own should you really be bothered by opposing arguments. I don't mind when people come around and tell me that they actually believe that "one matter only" should work, but I will respond to their claims with counter-arguments.
    I do not feel threatened at all, JDP.... I think nobody feels that way.
    I simply mean that your CONSTANT interruptions make every damn thread related to "one matter only" become an endless discussion with you... and the whole sense of the threads get lost. That's why I said that it is a matter of respect. I would really LOVE to talk about "one matter only" paths here, but I can't... and it is because of you.
    Thus my suggestion to make your own thread with ALL the arguments you want and I would have ZERO problems in discussing with you there, it can even be VERY enjoyable (not just for me, but for a lot of persons).
    There are a few threads, and honestly they are only a few, which are VERY easy to notice and which are about "one matter only". All I am saying is that you may concede us (us = the ones who are interested in that very specific path) the chance to talk without having to end up always in the SAME argument with you. I don't dislike your presence in the forum, it's just in the "on matter threads"... which always end up becoming a "let's talk about what JDP thinks" threads instead of what they were meant to be.

    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    So you call wasting people's time & money "harmless"? Are you aware that the chief argument of "humanists" against alchemy (or rather what they thought "alchemy" was) was in fact that it tended to sooner or later send many people to the poorhouse? Does this famous engraving ring a bell?

    Fantastic idea: make a thread about it and we'll discuss it there!

    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    Then how come you seem familiar with Punk Rock?
    LOL... you wanna talk about music????
    I like old school punk rock, industrial (not really of the electronic type, nor of the metal type, but classical industrial), Free Jazz (I know someone who says that Jazz is un-alchemical), experimental music of many kinds, harsh noise (specially not electronic, though some electronic bands are OK), the early XX avant-garde chamber music... I love glam rock (though NOT "metal glam rock", I mean Roxy, N.Y. Dolls, T-Rex, etc)... I like composers like Cage, Nono, Stockhausen (yeah, I can like Cage and Stockhausen)... I like a few pop bands of the 50's and 60's (which are very very kitsch, but they make me smile... I mean singers like Little Peggy March or France Gall)... I like a few rockabilly and a few psychobilly bands... and I CAN'T listen to metal, rap and hard rock (if you want to torture me, just put a song by AC/DC).

    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    Apparently you missed the fact that the original post is rather vague and contradictory, stating also things like "Alchemy is everything". The specific claim that the Stone is made from "one matter only" was actually brought up by Schmuldvich (who must have interpreted that the OP was actually trying to imply something regarding this), not the OP.
    You know... some people have the weird privilege of being stupid and you have to explain them things as if they are idiots and can't read. I do respect you, JDP, so I won't give you the *privilege* of talking to you as if you were stupid, because you are not.

    In short: I have no problems with "discussions" and "counter-arguments"... BUT there is a place for everything. When it is IMPOSSIBLE to have a single thread about "one matter only" paths because of... you, then that's a problem.

    I don't like ORMUS at all... I do not visit the ORMUS forum as to explain in each thread why I don't like ORMUS... I think the ones who like ORMUS are fine without my views.
    So it is a matter of respect. I do not mean that things can't be discussed, but when each thread becomes an endless argument with you that interferes with a communication that could otherwise be worthy to others, then that's a problem.

    I refuse to talk to you as if you were stupid, I can't concede you that privilege.... and that's somehow a compliment, JDP.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,815
    Quote Originally Posted by zoas23 View Post
    They can work in many ways, JDP... but I guess that the best thing is when they work in a way that makes the communication become interesting for the persons who participate.



    I do not feel threatened at all, JDP.... I think nobody feels that way.
    I simply mean that your CONSTANT interruptions make every damn thread related to "one matter only" become an endless discussion with you... and the whole sense of the threads get lost. That's why I said that it is a matter of respect. I would really LOVE to talk about "one matter only" paths here, but I can't... and it is because of you.
    Thus my suggestion to make your own thread with ALL the arguments you want and I would have ZERO problems in discussing with you there, it can even be VERY enjoyable (not just for me, but for a lot of persons).
    There are a few threads, and honestly they are only a few, which are VERY easy to notice and which are about "one matter only". All I am saying is that you may concede us (us = the ones who are interested in that very specific path) the chance to talk without having to end up always in the SAME argument with you. I don't dislike your presence in the forum, it's just in the "on matter threads"... which always end up becoming a "let's talk about what JDP thinks" threads instead of what they were meant to be.



    Fantastic idea: make a thread about it and we'll discuss it there!



    LOL... you wanna talk about music????
    I like old school punk rock, industrial (not really of the electronic type, nor of the metal type, but classical industrial), Free Jazz (I know someone who says that Jazz is un-alchemical), experimental music of many kinds, harsh noise (specially not electronic, though some electronic bands are OK), the early XX avant-garde chamber music... I love glam rock (though NOT "metal glam rock", I mean Roxy, N.Y. Dolls, T-Rex, etc)... I like composers like Cage, Nono, Stockhausen (yeah, I can like Cage and Stockhausen)... I like a few pop bands of the 50's and 60's (which are very very kitsch, but they make me smile... I mean singers like Little Peggy March or France Gall)... I like a few rockabilly and a few psychobilly bands... and I CAN'T listen to metal, rap and hard rock (if you want to torture me, just put a song by AC/DC).



    You know... some people have the weird privilege of being stupid and you have to explain them things as if they are idiots and can't read. I do respect you, JDP, so I won't give you the *privilege* of talking to you as if you were stupid, because you are not.

    In short: I have no problems with "discussions" and "counter-arguments"... BUT there is a place for everything. When it is IMPOSSIBLE to have a single thread about "one matter only" paths because of... you, then that's a problem.

    I don't like ORMUS at all... I do not visit the ORMUS forum as to explain in each thread why I don't like ORMUS... I think the ones who like ORMUS are fine without my views.
    So it is a matter of respect. I do not mean that things can't be discussed, but when each thread becomes an endless argument with you that interferes with a communication that could otherwise be worthy to others, then that's a problem.

    I refuse to talk to you as if you were stupid, I can't concede you that privilege.... and that's somehow a compliment, JDP.
    YAWN! You saw Schmuldvich's reply to my comments regarding the vague meaning of the original post. That pretty much says it all. The OP's post was anything but clear or specific. You just want to interpret it like as if it was about the "one matter only" claim so you have a pretext to complain and try to silence opposing views. This is like the umptieth time that you have already complained about very normal things for a public forum that only seem to bother you and a couple of other people. Most of the forum seems to be fine with opposing views popping up here and there in any thread. It's part of being in a PUBLIC forum.

    Regarding hard rock & metal: no, but I was just puzzled as to how someone can like punk rock and yet be bothered by hard rock or metal. In fact, most punks I have known LOVE hard rock bands like AC/DC, specially the old albums with Bon Scott. In fact, when AC/DC first came out many people thought they were "punk" (!), but to me they always sounded just hard rock.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,455
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    YAWN! You saw Schmuldvich's reply to my comments regarding the vague meaning of the original post. That pretty much says it all. The OP's post was anything but clear or specific. You just want to interpret it like as if it was about the "one matter only" claim so you have a pretext to complain and try to silence opposing views. This is like the umptieth time that you have already complained about very normal things for a public forum that only seem to bother you and a couple of other people. Most of the forum seems to be fine with opposing views popping up here and there in any thread. It's part of being in a PUBLIC forum.
    Again... I absolutely refuse to give you the weird privilege of talking to you as if you were stupid when you are obviously not.
    This is not about silencing "opposing views", but about allowing some threads to exist beyond a discussion about what you think.
    This isn't a PUBLIC forum actually, it's a private forum even if Awani has an idiosyncratic anarcho-collective-and-individualistic ideology... though that's not the point anyway.
    You don't pop up here and there, but in every thread related in any way to the idea of "one matter only".
    You know, you make a LOT of interesting comments in different threads... but when you interfere with a thread that is relevant to other persons and you manage to make it become a thread about you... that's not helping anyone.
    And I do not mean that you CAN'T make comments against the idea of "one matter only", it would be absurd to say such thing... BUT you can create a thread about it (I honestly would have no problems in discussing the issue with you there, probably we BOTH can learn something)... or in other threads which offer a wider spectrum (i.e, a thread about the works by pseudo-Llull... which would certainly offer a chance to discuss the same issue in a different context and probably in a PRODUCTIVE way).
    Other than that, I have ZERO problems with paths that use compounds... and I find some of them interesting (actually one of the most mind-blowing things I saw at the lab involved a compound, not a "one matter only").


    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    Regarding hard rock & metal: no, but I was just puzzled as to how someone can like punk rock and yet be bothered by hard rock or metal. In fact, most punks I have known LOVE hard rock bands like AC/DC, specially the old albums with Bon Scott. In fact, when AC/DC first came out many people thought they were "punk" (!), but to me they always sounded just hard rock.
    It is funny how some small comments make a few things obvious. I never asked myself where you are from, but now my guess is North American.
    In the USA crossover (bands that play in a gray zone between punk and metal) is quite popular since the early 80's... Dirty Rotten Imbeciles, Corrosion of Conformity, Suicidal Tendencies, Agnostic Front, Biohazard, etc. Very few people listen to crossover outside the USA actually... I don't know the reasons, but probably because the punk scene and the metal scene are quite distant in other countries (there are some exceptions in the U.K., but the style is quite different.... I am thinking of Discharge or GBH).

    I guess that I don't enjoy that kind of compound! Other compounds are nicer for me (Naked City with its hardcore-jazz is very enjoyable).

    So, I guess the question is: how do we make the idea make sense to someone from the land of the free?
    Your opposition to some ideas, specifically to the idea of "one matter only" is fine... BUT when having a peaceful thread about such subject is impossible, you are making the experience of the non-public forum by far less interesting to a lot of persons (why? because a thread about a specific subject is guaranteed to become a nightmare).

    You have an amazing scholarity, you have very interesting comments to make, you have a LOT to offer that makes a lot of persons understand a few things better (I have no problems in stating that I have learnt from you many times... or even that I have asked you a few questions in private about texts and if what I had was a "complete version" or an "extracted version" and you gave me very accurate answers)... Are you able to be kind enough as to let some people talk in peace about a subject that you don't agree with and state your valid opposition in other threads as to avoid impeding the conversation?

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,815
    Quote Originally Posted by zoas23 View Post
    Again... I absolutely refuse to give you the weird privilege of talking to you as if you were stupid when you are obviously not.
    This is not about silencing "opposing views", but about allowing some threads to exist beyond a discussion about what you think.
    This isn't a PUBLIC forum actually, it's a private forum even if Awani has an idiosyncratic anarcho-collective-and-individualistic ideology... though that's not the point anyway.
    You don't pop up here and there, but in every thread related in any way to the idea of "one matter only".
    You know, you make a LOT of interesting comments in different threads... but when you interfere with a thread that is relevant to other persons and you manage to make it become a thread about you... that's not helping anyone.
    And I do not mean that you CAN'T make comments against the idea of "one matter only", it would be absurd to say such thing... BUT you can create a thread about it (I honestly would have no problems in discussing the issue with you there, probably we BOTH can learn something)... or in other threads which offer a wider spectrum (i.e, a thread about the works by pseudo-Llull... which would certainly offer a chance to discuss the same issue in a different context and probably in a PRODUCTIVE way).
    Other than that, I have ZERO problems with paths that use compounds... and I find some of them interesting (actually one of the most mind-blowing things I saw at the lab involved a compound, not a "one matter only").




    It is funny how some small comments make a few things obvious. I never asked myself where you are from, but now my guess is North American.
    In the USA crossover (bands that play in a gray zone between punk and metal) is quite popular since the early 80's... Dirty Rotten Imbeciles, Corrosion of Conformity, Suicidal Tendencies, Agnostic Front, Biohazard, etc. Very few people listen to crossover outside the USA actually... I don't know the reasons, but probably because the punk scene and the metal scene are quite distant in other countries (there are some exceptions in the U.K., but the style is quite different.... I am thinking of Discharge or GBH).

    I guess that I don't enjoy that kind of compound! Other compounds are nicer for me (Naked City with its hardcore-jazz is very enjoyable).

    So, I guess the question is: how do we make the idea make sense to someone from the land of the free?
    Your opposition to some ideas, specifically to the idea of "one matter only" is fine... BUT when having a peaceful thread about such subject is impossible, you are making the experience of the non-public forum by far less interesting to a lot of persons (why? because a thread about a specific subject is guaranteed to become a nightmare).

    You have an amazing scholarity, you have very interesting comments to make, you have a LOT to offer that makes a lot of persons understand a few things better (I have no problems in stating that I have learnt from you many times... or even that I have asked you a few questions in private about texts and if what I had was a "complete version" or an "extracted version" and you gave me very accurate answers)... Are you able to be kind enough as to let some people talk in peace about a subject that you don't agree with and state your valid opposition in other threads as to avoid impeding the conversation?
    I don't know where you are getting the strange idea that these are not public forums. They are open to anyone, no special invitations are required, and even non-members (known as "guests") can freely read the threads. What you want is simply called "censorship". You don't want threads about a particular subject to have differing views and only like-minded people posting in them. That should not be acceptable in a public forum. If you want censorship then open a PRIVATE thread about any given subject. That way only those who are invited there can post.

    There is also no need to go around making special threads about subjects that will naturally frequently pop up in already existing threads. The subject of how many substances were used by the alchemists to make the Stone will obviously be one of these recurring subjects that will show up in many threads. So I don't see why are you getting so riled up when it comes up and the typical debates/arguments ensue. It is only natural that this should happen. Not everyone agrees on all points.


    Regarding punk & hard rock: that is not just the case in the US. I've known European punks, and I don't remember even one who did not like AC/DC, specially the albums with Bon Scott (the first singer, who had the voice of a heavy-smoking drunk at a bar fight. No punk I have ever known can resist the rock'n'rolling "kick-assness" of those early AC/DC records.)

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts