Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Making gold and getting away with it

Quote Originally Posted by True Initiate View Post
    The other great cover story is gold recycling from old electronics.

I have tried this in the past. It works, but you need a load of discarded electronics to make any kind of profit. And not all electronics contain gold. It is mainly things like CPUs, motherboards and cell phones.

I meant it only as a cover story. The real profit from Gold comes from transmutation.
    Formerly known as True Puffer

The real profit from Gold comes from transmutation.
    What do you mean by this?

You take things of lesser value and transmute them into Gold = equals great profit. If somebody asks you where did you got the Gold you tell them from melting CPU's.
    Formerly known as True Puffer

Blog Entries
    If alchemists only can make small amounts then there is little issue... but if an alchemist can make 1 gram, then by logic they can make 1000 kg? Right?

Then it becomes difficult. Same problem as "criminals" have, to "wash" the money.

Seems to me that making large amounts of gold is only good for playing tricks on society, leave it everywhere on the ground... but making large amounts of gold for self-wealth is just as much hassel as making Crystal Meth (but with drugs you get cash in hand).

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

I meant it only as a cover story. The real profit from Gold comes from transmutation.
    Oh, OK, I get what you mean now. Yes, or you can also use prospecting as a "cover story" for the provenance of your gold. There are several ways of accounting where your gold supposedly comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    If alchemists only can make small amounts then there is little issue... but if an alchemist can make 1 gram, then by logic they can make 1000 kg? Right?

Then it becomes difficult. Same problem as "criminals" have, to "wash" the money.

Seems to me that making large amounts of gold is only good for playing tricks on society, leave it everywhere on the ground... but making large amounts of gold for self-wealth is just as much hassel as making Crystal Meth (but with drugs you get cash in hand).

We've had this conversation elsewhere. I don't know why we assume that making gold is the be-all and end-all of alchemical pursuit. I thought it was only meant as a test to see if the Elixir was made properly.

The REAL gold is in the Elixir, not the transmutation powder.

Blog Entries
    I know. But some want to make gold. And I think it is easier to make a shitload of gold, than it is to profit from it without ending up behind bars (or killed). So this thread is how to get away with it.

Making drugs is easy, for example... problem is not getting caught. You do not think I have done some prospecting in this area. I have. Once had a plan to get Northern Europe addicted to Meth. And me as the main supplier. But the money was not worth the pressure.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

LOL... if you are smart enough as to make gold, but stupid enough as to ignore what to do with it... then you have to analyze your existence. This thread is a bit bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    I know. But some want to make gold.

That's really sad and misses the whole point of alchemy, in my opinion.

It reminds me of the real story of a Professor who invited his students to drink a very excellent brew of coffee with him during a break period. On the table sat the pot of coffee. Around it were some extremely fine and expensive china cups of various styles and colors. There were also a few very plain cups.

The students all chose the expensive cups, and only the cheap cups were left empty.

The Professor asked why expensive cups were needed when it was the coffee itself that deserved the admiration for the taste itself.

It seems that most people are more interested in the glittering cover than the valuable content.

+ Reply to Thread