Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

View Poll Results: Gold Making & Selling: Safe or Not?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

1 14.29%
  • Depends (please elaborate)

6 85.71%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Making gold and getting away with it

Blog Entries
    Even if you have the cash, it is becoming increasingly difficult to spend it outside the system (banks, etc...). Can one pay monthly bills/utilities in cash in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by Dendritic Xylem View Post
    Another idea....if you can grow plants in very little time (days, not months) using alchemy...then farming could become VERY lucrative.
    That's starting to come a bit closer to the "different" line of thinking I was talking about earlier.

Blog Entries
    The problem isn't selling small amounts of gold currently, there's all sorts of creative accounting that can be done.
    Its how are you able to attain regular amounts of a finite substance with amazing purity.
    People can catch on quick. When people smell opportunity they can become dangerous.
    You wouldn't get away with it for ever. The whole venture is ill conceived for an alchemist who's art revolves around secrecy.

Blog Entries
    It boils down to a philosophical and existential question regarding value, worth and happiness.

The ability to be able to make vast amounts of gold can be as much a blessing as (most probable) a curse. We all need "some" money to get by, but money is not a very good "reason", "meaning" or "dream"... and if it is... well... dark times a head. If a human being does not have a healthy understanding (part wisdom, part love and part self-knowing and self-awareness) regarding WHATEVER pursuit is made, then that "dream" will become a nightmare.

To study alchemy in order to make gold is (to me) the same thing as studying economics in order to make money at the stock market (latter method way quicker). No difference.

If a person has wisdom and knowledge one needs very little money at all. If one can make and create everything one needs, what good is gold? Money and gold (as a value or payment method) is just a "tool" to make trade easier. That is all it is, or was. Physical wealth is totally overrated. Immaterial wealth is priceless... and the only thing you might have a chance to "take with you" when you die... but that Porsche.. it ain't going nowhere.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    For example, the oldest coin currency that we know is a Sumerian bronze piece dating from before 3000 BC. On one side of the coin is a representation of a sheaf of wheat, and on the other, Ishtar, the goddess of fertility. The Sumerians called it the "Shekel" where "She" meant wheat, "Kel" was a measurement similar to a bushel, hence this coin was a symbol of a value of one bushel of wheat. (The word "shekel" survives in modern Hebrew as Israel's monetary unit.) The original shekel had as its purpose payment for sacred prostitution at the temple of Ishtar, which was the temple of life and death. The temple, as well as being a ritual center, was the storage place for the reserves of wheat that supported the priesthood, and also the community in lean times. So farmers fulfilled their religious and social obligations by bringing their contributions of wheat to the temple, and receiving in exchange a shekel coin, entitling them to a visit with the temple prostitutes at the festival time. All this also must be understood in its cultural context: The sacred prostitutes were representatives of the goddess, and intercourse with them was intercourse with the goddess of fertility herself, nothing to take lightly. At that time fertility was truly a matter of life and death. If the crops failed, there was no alternative, and everyone starved or at least went hungry until next year. And, of course, completing the magic ritual properly insured the fertility in crops, animals and children that was necessary for future prosperity.

The shekel is by no means atypical: Throughout history, virtually every society has conferred some mysterious sacred qualities on its currency. Two thousand years after the Sumerian shekel, the first Greek coins were tokens proving that a citizen had paid his dues and could thus participate in the annual "hecatomb" or sacred meal to be shared with the Deities (where half of all victuals were burned in their honor). The English word "money" derives from the Goddess Juno Moneta and the first Roman mint was in the basement of her temple.

Many centuries later, without the need for further clerical intervention, gold and silver remained respectively symbolically associated with the sun and the moon. Their prices settled mysteriously into a stable ratio of 1/13.5, astrologically determined to reflect the heavenly cycles. These two metals remained divinely ordained currencies, long after the astrological justification was forgotten. There are many people who, to this day, claim that "real" money would be a return to the gold standard; some even keep invoking its biblical origins.
    http://www.stim.com/Stim-x/10.1/origins/origins.html

Hmmm...

Blog Entries
    For example, the oldest coin currency that we know is a Sumerian bronze piece dating from before 3000 BC.
    LOL, that's nothing. We used shells to buy clams back in the day, pre-"civil" society... which reminds me of this:

Although an interesting concept, at the end of the day, value is a choice... for instance I prefer jewellery made from silver above those made from gold, even if the latter was "worth" more. Why? Because I think silver looks less tacky as jewellery than gold. For me - in that example - gold has less value than silver.

Maybe getting off track...

If I pretend I want to, and I actually do, make gold - then the fact of the matter is that it's probably easier to make the gold, than it is to sling it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibric View Post
    The problem isn't selling small amounts of gold currently, there's all sorts of creative accounting that can be done.
    Its how are you able to attain regular amounts of a finite substance with amazing purity.
    People can catch on quick. When people smell opportunity they can become dangerous.
    You wouldn't get away with it for ever. The whole venture is ill conceived for an alchemist who's art revolves around secrecy.
    hit the nail on the head with that one i suppose.

i suppose one time could just go to different pawn shops all over the city, province, state, country, (that would be like 10,000+ pawnshops) and like what Dendritic Xylem suggested, to be further discreet, sell gold in prices under $10K, and one could virtually do this as many times as one wishes as long as he goes to many different other pawnshops, rarely going to the same one more than once or twice and if one finds he has visited all of them (which should take years) then simply start over.

This to me, should avoid suspicion in selling gold because who can keep track of one individual selling to a store individually... no one would notice, the second question would be how would one live off of a gold-selling life style.... acquiring cash is one thing but living off of gold and cash, and no one noticing is another.

Could One Live Off Of Unlimited Cash For Life, No Questions Asked?

Blog Entries
    Well, I just lost a whole day to watching Cavemen. lol
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tAlchemist View Post
    Could One Live Off Of Unlimited Cash For Life, No Questions Asked?
    Ask Jacob Rothschild if that is possible... you can pay him a visit at his house and ask him. I'm not sure where it is, but it looks like this:

Although I guess some sort of milkshake made from baby feet and fox cum is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    Well, I just lost a whole day to watching Cavemen. lol
    To indulge in the microcosm of a joke in honour of the macrocosmic Joke is never a bad thing.

Blog Entries
    Tried to stop watching. Failed.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

+ Reply to Thread