Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Alchemical Signs in the Great Work

Quote Originally Posted by Hellin Hermetist View Post
    How is it possible to see the signs mentioned by the Adepts inside your own flask, if you havent started the experiment and you havent reached an advanced stage in it?
    You said that the whole procedure can be accomplished in one year. You also said that you have seen many of the signs mentioned by the ancients authors inside your own flask, which means that you have started the experiment and it has gone well till now. If things keep going well for you, your Stone shall be ready in less than a year then. Despite that, you said that you will be pleased if you have your stone ready after 5 or 6 years from now. Cant you see the inconsistency?
    How is it possible to see the signs mentioned by the Adepts inside your own flask, if you havent started the experiment and you havent reached an advanced stage in it? It is impossible to see the signs mentioned by the Adepts inside your own flask if one hasn't started the experiment. It is also impossible to reach an advanced stage in the experiment if one has not started the experiment.

If things keep going well for you, your Stone shall be ready in less than a year then. Despite that, you said that you will be pleased if you have your stone ready after 5 or 6 years from now. Cant you see the inconsistency? I have low expectations, no inconsistencies.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich View Post
    I have low expectations, no inconsistencies.
    Fair enough. You dont trust your method and you believe that, most probable, it will not lead you anywhere. Better pretend that you know much about the Stone and you have seen the signs mentioned by the adepts, when you shall be more confident that the signs you have seen are the real ones. You know, there are many hundreds of treatises out there, most of them full of bullshit, that almost any chemical reaction can be made to agree with the things mentioned in one or the other treatise. Be on your guard against that trap.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellin Hermetist View Post
    How is it possible to see the signs mentioned by the Adepts inside your own flask, if you havent started the experiment and you havent reached an advanced stage in it?

You said that the whole procedure can be accomplished in one year. You also said that you have seen many of the signs mentioned by the ancients authors inside your own flask, which means that you have started the experiment and it has gone well till now. If things keep going well for you, your Stone shall be ready in less than a year then. Despite that, you said that you will be pleased if you have your stone ready after 5 or 6 years from now. Cant you see the inconsistency?
    Schmuldvich is a funny guy, I like him and don't want to "attack" him, but your logic is obviously straight to the point. There are inconsistencies in Schmuldvich's views and claims. For example, he wholeheartedly believes in the "one matter, one furnace, one regimen" claim, which means that once you have identified this FABULOUS "one matter only" that supposedly exists "somewhere" already made by nature all you have to do is take it, put it inside a flask, and "cook" it. Sooner or later the Stone should be produced (according to the hopeful dreams of those who have unfortunately swallowed this obvious ruse.) Schmuldvich also believes that it takes about 1 year to finish this "cooking" of the "one matter only". So the math simply doesn't add up. If he has already seen some of the "signs" described by the alchemists, then obviously that means that it should take less than 1 year for his "cooking" of this "one matter only" to be finished. Schmuldvich then defends his position by saying that he is not 100% sure he has correctly identified the "one matter only" and that he may in fact fail to accomplish the Stone. Fine, that is a possibility indeed. But that still doesn't take away from the fact that when he says that he should be a happy man if he discovers the Stone in five or six years he should rather say "in maybe less than a year, or if my current experiment fails, maybe in 5 or 6 years more worth of trials."

Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    Schmuldvich is a funny guy, I like him and don't want to "attack" him, but your logic is obviously straight to the point. There are inconsistencies in Schmuldvich's views and claims. For example, he wholeheartedly believes in the "one matter, one furnace, one regimen" claim, which means that once you have identified this FABULOUS "one matter only" that supposedly exists "somewhere" already made by nature all you have to do is take it, put it inside a flask, and "cook" it. Sooner or later the Stone should be produced (according to the hopeful dreams of those who have unfortunately swallowed this obvious ruse.) Schmuldvich also believes that it takes about 1 year to finish this "cooking" of the "one matter only". So the math simply doesn't add up. If he has already seen some of the "signs" described by the alchemists, then obviously that means that it should take less than 1 year for his "cooking" of this "one matter only" to be finished. Schmuldvich then defends his position by saying that he is not 100% sure he has correctly identified the "one matter only" and that he may in fact fail to accomplish the Stone. Fine, that is a possibility indeed. But that still doesn't take away from the fact that when he says that he should be a happy man if he discovers the Stone in five or six years he should rather say "in maybe less than a year, or if my current experiment fails, maybe in 5 or 6 years more worth of trials."
    He's even funnier than you can imagine - he hasn't even started his experiment yet :-)

(I really think he's just playing the role of a 'Devil's Advocate' as well as a 'discussion catalyst').

Blog Entries
    Smernoff is doing us all a favour IMO. Discussion catalysis, devils advocate, pushing people to introspection (if they have that maturity) and he didn't say his experiment would take 5 years, that's just poor interpretation, it's as JDP said, he just doesn't nessecarily expect to accomplish it in his first attempt.

An then there is what I originally thought, that he is using his vast knowledge of the literature, to get the rest of us to spill our guts about the process so that he can identify and learn any pieces he is missing.

He's probably got a really low position in the NWO and is looking to join the capstone. (I'd help him but the prick won't get me in)

I've learnt a lot from my debates with the man, and yes, he can come across as a dick, can't we all? Also, this is a public forum in which we use Avatars and code names, there is actually no obligation to "be yourself" as he has said, he's an introvert in real life and if he's anything like me, than being a dick sometimes on his favourite alchemy forums website is probably just a form of entertainment.

Let's try to remember Awani's recent post. There really is no reason for any of this stuff to get personal. Chances are none of you morons will ever find the stone anyway so what does it matter
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Alchemical signs.

If you have the correct Agent and the correct Patient and understand the correct way to Mix them.....then in a very short time you will see all the desired and looked for signs.

Within a week you can have your quintessence of gold.

I once tried to make wine, I had all the correct ingredients but ended up with vinegar instead

Quote Originally Posted by Luxus View Post
    I once tried to make wine, I had all the correct ingredients but ended up with vinegar instead
    The problem may have been that you only tried once???

Try it again...it could be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxus View Post
    Nothing wrong with a nice vinegar.

Blog Entries
    What are the alchemical signs?

This is what I know so far:

Blackness of putrefaction.

Matter removed heads and tails (superfluous matter)

When circulated then a whiteness develops, and then a redness, and eventually these two merge.

Is that it?
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

+ Reply to Thread