Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Alchemical Signs in the Great Work

Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    What are the alchemical signs?

This is what I know so far:

Blackness of putrefaction.

Matter removed heads and tails (superfluous matter)

When circulated then a whiteness develops, and then a redness, and eventually these two merge.

Is that it?
    Good try Mr. Mixer but no hamburger for you (from The Reluctant Messiah)

We will call Blackness the start, but there can be some colours before that.

It appears that you may need to read a little bit more before you start in the lab.

Blog Entries
    Depending on te path being used:

Either the Red Earth before blackness

Or, the 'brightness' that fades into blackness.

I do need to do some more reading I know... It does always result in more understanding. Just lazy. Hard to read deep allegorical texts with kids screaming in the background
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Depending on te path being used:

Either the Red Earth before blackness

Or, the 'brightness' that fades into blackness.

I do need to do some more reading I know... It does always result in more understanding. Just lazy. Hard to read deep allegorical texts with kids screaming in the background
    Just lazy = NO ALCHEMY !!!

An then there is what I originally thought, that he is using his vast knowledge of the literature, to get the rest of us to spill our guts about the process so that he can identify and learn any pieces he is missing.
    When you say "vast knowledge of the literature" do you mean the site rexresearch.com and the RAMS collection?

What are the alchemical signs?

This is what I know so far:

Blackness of putrefaction.

Matter removed heads and tails (superfluous matter)

When circulated then a whiteness develops, and then a redness, and eventually these two merge.

Is that it?
    The colours vary according to the alchemist but generally blackness followed by green followed by white followed by yellow which deepens into red but some alchemists replace red with purple.

Quote Originally Posted by black View Post
    The problem may have been that you only tried once???

Try it again...it could be fun.
    I will try again!

And I will attempt the great work again! I have not been as active practically as others only trying 4 times but as I get older I have more incentive lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hellin Hermetist View Post
    When you say "vast knowledge of the literature" do you mean the site rexresearch.com and the RAMS collection?
    You can go on ebay and search Alchemy book cd dvd and you will find collections also. Online you can get more then you will ever need though rexresearch and levity (no ancient alchemist had access to such a huge supply of text). I personally dont have the RAMS collection and wonder if it is even worth purchasing considering the huge quantity already available to you cheaper or totally free.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxus View Post
    You can go on ebay and search Alchemy book cd dvd and you will find collections also. Online you can get more then you will ever need though rexresearch and levity (no ancient alchemist had access to such a huge supply of text). I personally dont have the RAMS collection and wonder if it is even worth purchasing considering the huge quantity already available to you cheaper or totally free.
    You can find anything you want for free in the internet today. If you have finished with sites of lesser value, like rexresearch and levity, you can visit sites like chrysopee.url.ph, and of course study the six tomes of Theatrum Chemicum, which also you can find for free.

http://www.e-rara.ch/cgj/content/titleinfo/2284847

I dont find any purpose to buy RAMS collection or any other collection from Amazon or ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxus View Post
    What is feely available in English is actually only a fraction of alchemical literature. Also, a good deal of the stuff that passes as "alchemical" is actually "chymical" (like the works of Glauber, or the "recipe" collection of Digby, for example) and has little to do with alchemy, its secret solvent and the "Philosophers' Stone" made with it, properly. German alone by itself has more alchemical and "chymical" literature than all that is available on the same subjects in French, Spanish, Italian and English combined! In other threads where this subject of languages and alchemy has come to the surface, the best recommendation I could make to those asking what language to learn to have access to more alchemical literature was -and will always be- to learn either Latin or German, or both if you have a talent for learning languages fast. No other languages have more available on the subject than those two.

Besides English, I also understand Spanish, Italian and French, and have read a lot of the literature available in these languages, and I am still surprised by the sheer amount of alchemical and "chymical" texts that are out there still only found in Greek, Arabic, Latin and German that are virtually wholly unknown to people who don't happen to know those languages.

And which books or manuscripts would you recommend out of your vast experience? Which ones contain pure truth and which ones are pure garbage (like good chunk of RAMs collection in my opinion)?

Here is RAMs, so am i great alchemist now?

Formerly known as True Puffer

+ Reply to Thread