Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The chest of the mysteries

Quote Originally Posted by Warmheart View Post
    No, I meant flint.
    Certainly an interesting choice, considering how it interacts with steel to produce a spark. Fulcanelli often talked about a "spark". However, his pupil, Eugene Canseliet would certainly have tried to use it if he had thought it was the subject matter. Instead he first focused on antimony, pursued it for a very long time, and eventually dismissed it.

No, I meant flint.
    How are flints "related" to coal? Coals are mostly carbon with varying mixtures of hydrocarbons, while flints are silicon dioxide based.

Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    How are flints "related" to coal? Coals are mostly carbon with varying mixtures of hydrocarbons, while flints are silicon dioxide based.
    They are related by fire aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Illen A. Cluf View Post
    Certainly an interesting choice, considering how it interacts with steel to produce a spark. Fulcanelli often talked about a "spark". However, his pupil, Eugene Canseliet would certianly have tried to use it if he had thought it was the subject matter. Instead he first focused on antimony, and later dismissed it.
    There's something strange in the "master & apprentice" relationship between Canseliet and whoever "Fulcanelli" really was. Canseliet wasted a great deal of his time and money trying to make the Stone from antimony, yet his "master" Fulcanelli categorically rejects this substance, either to make the solvent or the Stone. Apparently there must have been some communication or other type of problem between the two men. Either Canseliet misunderstood Fulcanelli's instructions, or Fulcanelli decided that Canseliet was not a "worthy" disciple and purposefully gave him wrong information to send him on a wild-goose chase.

They are related by fire aspect.
    Not much of a "relationship", really. The whole premise is too vague & general and also rests on false analogies. By the same token I can say that pyrites and rocket fuel are "related" by "fire aspect" (!!!)

Not much of a "relationship", really. The whole premise is too vague & general and also rests on false analogies. By the same token I can say that pyrites and rocket fuel are "related" by "fire aspect" (!!!)
    Depends on rocket fuel.

But pyrite is definitely related to flint by fire aspect

Carbon and silicon are also like relatives. One is for so-called organic life, the other seems to be of great importance in Mineral Kingdom.

Depends on rocket fuel.

But pyrite is definitely related to flint by fire aspect

Carbon and silicon are also like relatives. One is for so-called organic life, the other seems to be of great importance in Mineral Kingdom.
    False analogies.

There's something strange in the "master & apprentice" relationship between Canseliet and whoever "Fulcanelli" really was. Canseliet wasted a great deal of his time and money trying to make the Stone from antimony, yet his "master" Fulcanelli categorically rejects this substance, either to make the solvent or the Stone. Apparently there must have been some communication or other type of problem between the two men. Either Canseliet misunderstood Fulcanelli's instructions, or Fulcanelli decided that Canseliet was not a "worthy" disciple and purposefully gave him wrong information to send him on a wild-goose chase.
    Yes, this is something that has perplexed me also for a very long time. Fulcanelli spent about 2 or 3 pages denying that the subject matter is antimony/stibnite. I can't see how Canseliet could misinterpret it. Maybe he thought that because Fulcanelli was denying it so strongly that it was the adept's way of actually pointing to it. It does seem to show that Fulcanelli didn't reveal much of anything to Canseliet.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxus View Post
    Alchemy is just one of the mysteries of which traditionally there are three, these three mysteries are broken into three parts each.

Thrice greatest hermes was one who was a master adept possessing the three parts of the three chief mysteries.

Since this forum is about Alchemy chiefly the first key liberally discussed in Alchemical text is the identity of the first matter. The second key discussed less so then the first is the solvent of the alchemists. The third key is what they simply call "cooking" which is made out to be a simple task when in reality its the hardest part of the whole procedure.

It is perhaps for this reason that in my opinion there has been no one who has completed the great work in quite a few hundred years.
    An interesting thread Luxus.

Some keys open....some keys close.

From what I have read our cooking is not what most people believe it to be.

To my understanding our cooking is Philosophical Cooking.

Do you share this view ?

Quote Originally Posted by black View Post
    An interesting thread Luxus.

Some keys open....some keys close.

From what I have read our cooking is not what most people believe it to be.

To my understanding our cooking is Philosophical Cooking.

Do you share this view ?
    Yes it is more elaborate and detailed then people imagine, even astrology is taken into account when selecting a start date, duration, degree of flame...and if you get this part wrong even if you have the correct ingredients you will not be successful.

+ Reply to Thread