Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Treatise Study #1: "Verbum Dismissum" by Bernard Trevisan, 1480

Quote Originally Posted by Warmheart View Post
    I think the rare of failure is so low because almost noone (just a person a two once in a thousand years maybe) knows all 3 aforementioned points.

For example, just look at Hydrogen. You can get it almost from any substance around, because it is contained in almost everything (there are no perfect solids, everything has very small percentage of other particles, especially hydrogen in its condition of wet vapor, forgive me my Russian). But it will be easier working with some substances than with others. And that's just from chemical point of view.

Those who haven't failed, most surely were thinking completely outside of the box and they were doing something which totally doesn't fit current scientific paradigm. it is like some PC software. It is working ok for many millions of users, but some few people manage to hack it, so it starts acting weird and produce weird results. Someone (I forgot who, please remind me if know said this) said: Alchemical work feels almost like stealing, brute forcing your way to Divine Gift. So it is as if alchemists don't actually follow the rules of this world (software) but hack them and reap the benefits by producing weird results.

That's again, just one of my humble assumptions.
    For hundreds of years people in fact prepared hydrogen (every time some "puffer" or "chymist" dissolved some metals in some acids this gas would in fact be generated) and several other gases, but they had no idea since most gases are invisible, so they could not see them (one of the few exceptions was nitrogen dioxide, which is red and therefore was observed constantly whenever someone used "aqua fortis" to dissolve metals.) But you cannot say the same about the Stone. This you can see and touch, plus seekers were also looking for it on purpose, unlike the accidental preparation of gases like hydrogen which was not their intention to prepare in the first place. This in fact serves as an example of what I said before regarding the issue that if all matters would work to make the Stone was true then we should not expect such a high rate of failure and low rate of success in finding it. Hydrogen, as you point out, is found in many things, and therefore it is hardly surprising that it was prepared accidentally so frequently, even if people could not recognize that fact due to the invisible nature of this gas. What we have here is in fact a high rate of unwitting success in preparing something just by mere chance alone. Hydrogen is very common and found in many things, including most acids, therefore why it was so commonly prepared even by just pure accident/chance alone. Now, if the Stone could really be prepared with so many different substances you would also expect a higher rate of success among its seekers, even if just by chance. And keep in mind that seekers after the Stone were manipulating all sorts of substances with the express purpose of finding this "Stone", yet most would still keep on failing. So the situation is even more damning for this naive idea that supposedly "any matter" can work to make the Stone. By mere accident/chance alone we should expect the rate of success in making it to be much higher than it actually is if such a thing was true.

But because this notable Secret lies in knowing the First Part, Philosophers doubting to reveal this Secret have made but little mention of the First Part, and believe that if it had not been to prevent the Science of Philosophers would have remained as wholly false in its principles, they would have been entirely silent and have mentioned nothing of it; Wherefore if they had not in any manner touched upon, the Science would have in all points rested in Ignorance and perished, as being false in its terms.
    I have noticed this also the first and last key are less talked about whilst the bulk of the text concerns the middle key. The first key is mercury, the last is gold.

The beginning of our Stone is, that Mercury growing like a tree, be composed and sublimed by opening it for the volatile germ, or seed, which cannot nourish nor grow without the Fixed Tree that retains it, as the living nipple of an Infant.

It appears then that this Stone is Vegetable, as it were, the sweet Spirit that proceeds from the Bud of the Vine joined in the Work, first to a Body, fixed and whitening as is said in the Green Dream wherein after the Text of Alchemy is very notably described the practice of this Vegetable Stone to those who wisely discern the Truth, which for certain reasons and just cause I forbear to set down here.

The First Degree then of our Philosophical Stone, is to make Our Mercury Vegetable, clean and pure, which is called by Philosophers White Sulphur not burning, which is the means of conjoining Sulphur with Bodies, and Mercury, truly and really, that he may be of one nature, fixed, subtle, clean and united to the Bodies in their profundity, by the help of their heat and moisture, of which Philosophers say, Tinctures may be conjoined, but not Argent Vive Vulgar, that being cold and phlegmatic and destitute of lively operation, which consists in heat and moisture, but because it is in part volatile, therefore it is the medium to fix volatile spirits, and to adhere or adjoin to the fixed substances of Bodies, wherein is touched the cause of its necessity, which is threefold.

The first as we are to join the two Seeds, to wit, Male and Female, they ought to be mingled with each other by a natural alliance and Love, and by a continual sponginess, in such manner that the moist of one be attracted by the moist of the other and by consequence the one be mixed with the other and that they be joined together, and for as much as those two Bodies, to wit Gold and Silver are made moist by heat digesting, dissolving and subtilizing, then they are the First Matter and simple, and take upon them the name of Seed, which are near to generation, through the impression they receive by their simplicity and obedience to instrumental heat, equivalent and like to the natural heat of this Mercury, forming and sealing thereto a kind of Elixir, for that the First Part of the Stone is called Elixir.

The First Part then is the medium of conjoining extremities of the Vessel of Nature, in which Vessel the Spirits ought to be transmitted as they proceed from one nature to another, wherein is touched the Second Part of its necessity, for as the Stone ought to be impregnated with Spirits, it is necessary there should be therein a retentive faculty or Virtue embraced by them, to the end that they may be mixed with the Body in the smallest parts. This Virtue is truly found in our Philosophical Mercury, as it is in part of a Spiritual nature, so is truly a pure Spirit, impregnated and purified from all feculent and terrestrial resident Spirits. I say true and fixed in one part for it contains the nature of the one and of the other Fire, which manifests and declares its ponticity or compunctuous sharpness, which appears in its operation, for by this Mercury mortified is easily congealed, the Mercury of the Vulgar, as the Text declares. Nevertheless it is not fixed by itself, but ought to be conjoined with Sol and Luna and be married in friendship and to the end, that which is not in it, may be fixed by those Bodies, to wit, that this thing which is composed of several mixtures together with their co-naturals, may directly fix the Mercury of the Vulgar, for which cause no Bodies are mixed which fixed, to the end that the compounded Fire, which is called Mercury sublimed philosophically or First matter, may be informed by proper Ferments, as to obtain the force more lastingly, and persevere the contest of the Fire notwithstanding its asperity, wherefore, saith Hortulanus, "That is not strange to it, to which it ought to be conjoined", viz., fixed. And of this Mercury saith Raymond, "The Argent Vive by us made, congealeth the common, and is more common to men than the common, of less price, of greater virtue and utility, and also of greater retention, being a Gum more noble than Pearls, which converts and attracts to its fixed nature all other Gums clear and pure, and enables them to resist in the Fire, and to rejoice therein", wherefore saith Morienus, "Those who would obtain this composition without this First Part are like those who would mount to the height of a pinnacle without a ladder, who when they begin to climb find themselves cast down to the bottom in misery and pair. This Mercury exuberate then is the first beginning and Foundation of our glorious Magistery, for it contains in itself Fire which ought to be replenished and nourished with a great and strong Fire in the Second Regimen of our Stone, now as well the Fire enclosed in our said Mercury by the First Regimen, as the Fire which ought to be inclosed by the Second is by Philosophers named the proper Instrument, which is the Second thing principally required to be understood in this high Magistery in such manner that the Matter Volatile and fixt by heat and congelation, with dissolution of the bodies as Philosophers teach, for the greatness of the Magistery have veiled under another name, to wit, Sublimation or Exaltation of the Mercurial matter, as it is exalted in its noble Virtues, and Sublimed in its degrees. "Wherefore", saith Arnold, "Let Mercury first be sublimed, that is, as Mercury is in nature low and base condition to wit, Earth and Water, let it be brought to a more noble and higher condition, to wit Airy and Fiery, which are principles near approaching to this Mercury in the intention of Art and Nature". Wherefore when this Mercurial Stone is thus Exalted and Subtilized, it is said to be sublimed in its First Sublimation, which is convenient to sublime with its Vessel, as saith Raymond in his Codicil in the beginning Chapter 2 of Vade Mecum de Mercurale Philosophorum. We hope in God that our Mercury shall be sublimed to greater things which tinge it, and its Soul shall be exalted into Glory, as being that which it behooves to enter into its Mother’s Belly, also it is said to be born of the First Nativity, which hath regards to all orders of the Chemical Earth, and the heart of the workers in this Art shall not be frustrated of joy, and shall tell thee, calling God to witness, that as this mercury hath been by some one sublimed, it hath appeared cloathed with so great Whiteness as the Snow on the highest mountains, under a most subtile, crystalline splendour, from whence proceeds at the opening of the Vessel, so great, so sweet, so excellent an odour, as the like is not to be found under the World, and I who speak this know that this most marvelous Whiteness has appeared to my own eyes, and have handled this attenuated and subtilized, crystalline Matter with my own hands, and with my own sense of smelling have smelt this marvelous sweetness, and with great joy begun to shed tears upon the astonishment of marvelousness and sweetness, for which Blessed be the Eternal God, most High, and Glorious who hath hidden these marvelous Great Secrets of nature, yet hath vouchsafed to a few I know (most Reverend Father) that when you shall be acquainted with the causes of this disposition you will admire that a Matter so corrupt should contain in itself such a heavenly like nature, I am not sufficient to declare to you these Wonders, yet the time may come (if it be found expedient) that I may acquaint you with many particular matters of this nature, which her to write I have not obtained permission from the God of Nature.
    The First Degree (or Stage) of the Philosopher's Stone is "Vegetable".

This First Stage (Vegetable Stone) involves releasing our Spirit from our Matter in order that our Spirit may whiten our Matter making it pure, which is done by mingling our Male and Female with each other through a continual moisture connecting the two polarities.

More light is shed on "Mercury Of The Vulgar" which is explained as not fixed by itself, but ought to be conjoined with Sol and Luna.

Once this Mercury is prepared, it is volatilized or exalted to a higher degree.

First, Water and Earth, then Air and Fire.

Bernard Trevisan affirms he has seen the snowy Salt with his own eyes, touched it with his own hands, and smelled it with his own sense of smell.

All this from a once corrupt Matter.

1 Vegetable, green Lion, mercury
    2 Mineral, White, salt
    3 Animal, Red blood, sulphur

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by True Initiate View Post
    I am just gonna ask you this, are you 100% sure that Argent Vive and Sulphur of the Philosophers are tangible matters?
    They are. Even when produced directly in the body, (inner lab) there are still chemical situations taking place that effect the individual.

Your body is an SM accumulator (Argent Vive) and that is not a metaphor. Hence why I think a lot of people ditch lab alchemy for inner alchemy, when they realise that they can perform the EXACT same thing within themselves as they can in the lab with all the gadgets.

And so I must admit that I do like the way Schmuldvich works because it is very close to the real deal. (but not close enough)
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxus View Post
    1 Vegetable, green Lion, mercury
    May I ask, what do you mean here? I've never viewed the green lion as vegetable, but im certainly interested in how you view it like this Luxus? Care to share?
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    Your body is an SM accumulator (Argent Vive) and that is not a metaphor. Hence why I think a lot of people ditch lab alchemy for inner alchemy, when they realise that they can perform the EXACT same thing within themselves as they can in the lab with all the gadgets.

Blog Entries
    HAHAHAHAHAHA JDP your a crack up.

I can't wait till someone spills the beans on the SM trai. So we can just have open discussion. Not sure that's ever going to happen though.

I might get bored and pull a Rhoend and start selling books at a thousand bucks a pop

Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    I can't wait till someone spills the beans on the SM trai. So we can just have open discussion. Not sure that's ever going to happen though.
    Let me "spill the beans" for you on "Spiritus Mundi": **whispering voice** There is no proof that such a thing even exists in the first place, it is really a speculative figment of some people's imaginations. But shhhhh... mum's the word, it will be our little secret

Blog Entries
    Yes mum.

+ Reply to Thread