Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Student of everthing, master of nothing. Saying Hi

Student of everthing, master of nothing. Saying Hi

Good Morning!

(If you're not in a morning timezone, don't feel left out, I say "good morning" no matter what time it is IRL or online)

Happy to be here. I've been stalking in the shadows for a long time. I earned my degree in physics/philosophy(minor) while also learning as much as I could about modern Paganism and Budhism and going through my spiritual transition during my college years. After that I studied under a splinter group of the Gardnerian tradition, but of course I can't talk too much about that. I moved, kept learning, and stumbled across the works of Stavish on a website.
    The spagyric process formed the seeds of my current spiritual beliefs, which I've spent countless hours meditating on and qualifying over the years in many, many notebooks. I even found a way to draw perfect 7 pointed stars, but there's a trick in the current model, as I need a little more than a compass and a ruler, a piece of string is also involved. Little stuff that I fiddle with from time to time.
    Since my initial introduction was following certain plant "stone" methods, I originally thought a good "stone" was a little piece of concrete and salt imbibed with tinctured. I know a little better now. (It was calcine the ash to convert CaCO3 into CaO, then mix and let harden, lol) Kinda dumb, but cool at the time.
    I went through a marriage, then a divorce, where I didn't spend as much time on my internal nature, and popped out of my old life about a year or two ago. Left a pretty good paying gig to reduce my expenditures and become a writer. I have no ties, no obligations to any but myself, and ownership of some cool "toys" and a clot of dirt. No bills, and a very humble income from creating content (my books don't make me any money... yet).
    At the core of my beliefs is that any problem, in life or otherwise, can be solved in three steps: separate, purify, combine. That philosophical outlook, couple with a few other fortune-cookie quotes I've distilled in my meditations, has served well as a life guide.

Oh, I'm also not going to be considered an "alchemist" by some on this forum. I work primarily, almost solely in the plant kingdom. I no longer follow written texts, though I still read them, and much of my experimentation is based on my own beliefs about the universe, and the emerald tablet. But I do enjoy tickling minds with new curiosities that they may have not yet considered.

Nice to meet you all, and looking forward to engaging with you. I already know there's a wealth of experience here.

Welcome Dragons tail!

I prefer to say a jack of all trades masters the one (our stone) !

Blog Entries
    Welcome.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxus View Post
    I prefer to say a jack of all trades masters the one (our stone) !
    Haha. Well, I'm nowhere close to mastery of our stone, and my limited successes in the plant kingdom always seem to raise more questions than they answer. I prefer not to call myself a master of anything, as nature and experience always seem to have something further to teach me. Thanks for the welcome.

Thank you as well Awani, it will be nice to interact on some of your posts instead of watching them from the outer laboratory, hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon's Tail View Post
    After that I studied under a splinter group of the Gardnerian tradition, but of course I can't talk too much about that.
    Welcome!

You don't mean Laurence Gardner, do you? If so, I was heavily involved in a specific forum discussing his work, decades ago, from which Dan Brown likely stole many of the ideas he used in his books.

Welcome! You seem like a good soul!

What do you write about?

Quote Originally Posted by Illen A. Cluf View Post
    Welcome!

You don't mean Laurence Gardner, do you? If so, I was heavily involved in a specific forum discussing his work, decades ago, from which Dan Brown likely stole many of the ideas he used in his books.
    Nope, different guy who founded a modern occult tradition outside of alchemy, and he was long dead when I started on that path. The tradition, since it came to America in the 60's has splintered into hundreds of different followings, and most of them hate the guy, but love his student for bringing the ideology across the pond. Go figure, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich View Post
    Welcome! You seem like a good soul!

What do you write about?
    Thank you. I try to be one, and now without the stress of my old job, I think I'm getting better again. I write anything speculative for my fiction work, and I do content and blog posts for a couple of clients. Mostly I stay with sci-fi and near future, but my stories cover a lot of topics. My kindle shorts are made for very niche audiences, and my novels (which are currently unpublished) deal with certain depths of the human condition and deeper philosophical issues, while being more thrillery.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon's Tail View Post
    Nope, different guy who founded a modern occult tradition outside of alchemy, and he was long dead when I started on that path. The tradition, since it came to America in the 60's has splintered into hundreds of different followings, and most of them hate the guy, but love his student for bringing the ideology across the pond. Go figure, lol.
    Oh, then you mean Gerald Brosseau Gardner or "Scire".

That's the guy TBH, that whole stint with the group was a small fraction of the information that I absorbed, and while I retain some of the ritual aspect (which I could do in my sleep at one point, the whole thing was memorized), my personal ideologies must be part of a cohesive framework. Which I mostly now have, even though a couple parts are tough to put into words.

+ Reply to Thread