Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Plant Spagyrics - When a Stone Appears

Plant Spagyrics - When a Stone Appears

Hi guys. Thanks again for having me on the forum. I've had an experience lately which has left me a bit enlightened, but even more perplexed.

Basically, it happened during the imbibing process. I was keeping my Salts warm in an incubated crucible, and they were drinking up Sulfur like crazy. Everything according to plan, from my basic understanding of the art. Problem was, I used to think the Mercury was in the ethanol, which had been distilled off after cohabations.

Note--I did not acquire my Sulfur in the "normal" way, it was prepared from a tincture by a new method I've been trying to perfect, which ends with an oily red liquid.

Anyway, I opened the crucible to find that my soaking salts had coalesced into a lump, like resin. I cooled it, and it became solid, maybe slightly waxy. The heat from my hand could melt it. Translucent dark red in color.

I'm being careful here, as I'm not sure how much is allowed on these forums, but if it's okay, I'm happy to share 90% of the procedure, parts of it are a little weird.

Anyway, this "stone" (which has moved into further experimental phases, so I don't have a pic, I don't think, I'll look in my phone later) exibits all the properties found in this article:

https://www.spagyria.com/plant_hyssop_stone.php

and the follow-up similarly matches his results so far. (It's going through a refinement phase now, not sure how that procedure will turn out, new ground for me) .. Actually, now that I'm re-reading it, the smell was changed during the cohabation process, and the once crude odor of red cedar was changed to a sweet, fruity smell that I can't quite place. Anyway.

Other experiments I've researched involve finishing the imbibing, and a slow putrefication of the material, and indeed I have one project now that is moving VERY slowly, prepared by a method closer to Stavish's. That's sort of my "control" experiment while I refine this new process.

My question is this: have you seen the result of working in the vegetable kingdom suddenly "gel" into a wax? I've seen both kinds of results in my reading, the sudden jelly-ball, and the putrification into a yellowish material. How would one know which is the "correct" result, or are there in fact two very different plant stones?

I haven't tried projection yet, but I ate a tiny amount of my stone, and it definitely had an effect when I was in the mindset for meditation. The sharpness hit my system, and I felt a noticable warmth in my blood, I also had a pretty intense meditation session, increased alertness, and some other side effects. My eyes have been bloodshot since I caught Lyme Disease (yes, I was treated for it) and the next morning after imbibing my "stone" they were much more clear than normal.

As I said, I'm still working with the other guy, and doing more experiments with the method. The current one involves a different type of cohabation, but I'm of the opinion now that the alcohol is just a solvent, and the Mercury is actually something I extracted from the fresh plant itself. Pretty sure there will be those who disagree, but I trust my eyes and my experience first, even if I'm open to other thoughts. There was likely some of my alcohol extract mixed into the Sulphur, so I could be wrong.

Hopefully this is in the correct location, and in the spirit of the Forum. I'm still new.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon's Tail View Post
    I'm being careful here, as I'm not sure how much is allowed on these forums, but if it's okay, I'm happy to share 90% of the procedure, parts of it are a little weird.
    Please share!

We love pictures here!

Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich View Post
    Please share!

We love pictures here!
    Wow, just typed all this up and hit the wrong button. smh. Oh well, try again, hehe.
    At the risk of being shunned for posting my heretical detractions from what I read in the texts, I will post my spagyric process. I couldn't find any pics.

Salts were calcined and purified ahead of time until all of the darkness was separated from the light, after many recrystallizations.

A tincture was made of the herb ahead of time also. Actually this whole thing started as a salt refining experiment solely to try some different techniques, which was quite an experience, and I burned up many, many pounds of plant matter, trying different things. But the details of my salt production is probably for another time.

The tincture was distilled several times, in an attempt to remove the darkness from the light (the crux of this experiment), but with limited success. The idea was to filter out all of that black tar through cohabation with some filtering mixed in at a crucial point. Well, needless to say, it wasn't working (though my current attempt at the same method is making some progress and teaching me new things). I decided to find a different way to "clean my tincture," and after some meditation, an "okay, try this" method left me with a low alc-content mixture that instantly showed a vibrance, and overnight changed from green to yellow. This liquid was cohabated and purified with much more success, resolving to a thick red oil. I thinned it slightly with its own Mercury, re-calcined my prepared salts, and then brought them down to incubation temp.

I imbibed until the mixture came to a glaze each time. Then I came back, repowdered as best I could, and imbibed again. The salts went to a light yellow, then a darker yellow, all the way to a dark red, getting a little sticker each time. One phase looked almost identical to the link I posted after powdering and crushing up.

After the final imbibition, I came back, and it was gelled up. Translucent little red puddle almost a cm thick. I pulled the crucible out and let it cool down a bit, and to my surprise scooped it out with no sticking. It felt like a soft lump of wax, and sort of crushed like one when squeezed. It started to melt almost immediately so I put it back in the crucible.

I've since done other work with most of it, but I cut a tiny piece away and ate it (sorry, I like the way that sounds), and I think the rest is already above.

Very cool! Thank you for sharing!

Did you notice any effects when you ate it?

I'm glad you liked it. I wasn't expecting a warm reception of this, but I'm continuing with the experiments on this path of turning spagyrics into initiatic products.

I listed some above. I dissolved it in a small amount of water. That sensation you get from tasting sharp salts? I had that pretty much over the top half of my body. Felt super relaxed, but also energized. That part's a little hard to explain. Incredible focus for my meditation. I think it helped my bloodshot eye problem.

I didn't mention that the next day, I woke up earlier and was charged up all day. As a writer, motivation is a daily struggle, but no issues. I felt younger too, like I was in my twenties again. Back pain gone. And I still had that focus, got a lot of work done. I still have a tiny amount left, might try it again sometime. But when it dissolved, it still had some of the black tar that separated and settled to the bottom. I dissolved the big portion, filtered again, and it's waiting to be recrystallized. I might split the remainder in half, keeping half for me and calcining the other for testing to see if it passes the "first order stone" test. If it does, then I truly believe these can be made through very careful operation with minimal equipment. Using a simple distillation setup makes everything much easier, but I need a LOT more testing, probably at least another year with the process to be sure. There's also that little token of making sure that you have respect for the operation, and seek the blessings of the gods, or heaven, or whatever divinity you believe in. Most of my friends would laugh at that, but I firmly believe that intent played a big role in this.

My question is this: have you seen the result of working in the vegetable kingdom suddenly "gel" into a wax? I've seen both kinds of results in my reading, the sudden jelly-ball, and the putrification into a yellowish material. How would one know which is the "correct" result, or are there in fact two very different plant stones?
    I have not experimented in the plant kingdom but my understanding is that a plant stone should be like wax. Just like other stones if it is a perfect blend of the four elements it should physically result in some medium between the four which will be waxy.

Not volatile like air but having a pungent smell about it, not hard and brittle like resin (earth) but neither liquid like water and is should still have the fire component or soul of the plant intact undamaged within, if not then it is just a dead thing with no vitality and other then what chemical actions it may have on the body it would not qualify as a plant stone.

Thank you Lux for the insight! Most of the plant stuff is fairly modern, and I've been spending much of my "reading" time in Jabir and the Emerald Tablet translations. Jabir is a wonderful read for me, but he doesn't really talk about plants much, and I'm always suspicious of post 1200ad texts. I read them, but I guess I'm suspicious of everything by my nature. I also have seen very few of the end results of the putrification and the yellow liquid stuff, unless it's done as a circulation resulting in a fluid dissolved elixir.

Years ago I was very interested in herbalism and still today take herbs, like to stay away from doctor if I can. I do believe plant stones if made correctly are better then standard herbal products, they are much more potent. Their are seven plant stones, one for the ray of each planet but if I were into making plant stones (I may try it at some point) it would be the eighth one I would be after, I think its Paracelsus who talked about it. It is composed of seven plants one for each planet and he said it was almost as good as the philosophers stone.

That's interesting. Combining plants in different measures have effects. One that I'm working with now, mullein, seems to have the power to boost other herbal medicines, and adds potency to them. I've also read of, can't remember the exact number, but I think 12 plants that were combined to make some kind of special elixir. The references mention a certain Roman or Greek, and you will find them in herb books. Something like "This is believed to be one of the 12 bla bla bla." I still need to work on my process though. The experiment I left running last night turned up new curiosities for me to ponder today while I work. I thought I had majorly failed on this one, but I kept the experiment running (it's been weeks now), the Sulphur has most definitely fused with the Mercury this time (there's no question, you only have to look at it and smell it). So well in fact, that I worry the balance is off, and will likely do several distillations to fix that problem. I think some salts are coming over as well, as there are tiny white flakes floating on the water of the sun.
    Last edited by Dragon's Tail; 08-24-2017 at 02:29 PM. Reason: sentence was unclear

I've had an experience lately which has left me a bit enlightened, but even more perplexed.
    It appears from the description of your experiments that you have provided and the link reference to John Reid's work that you are making a version of a spagyric stone. Photos of the lab work really help to inform better comment about what you are doing.

Problem was, I used to think the Mercury was in the ethanol, which had been distilled off after cohabations.
    By far most lab practioners these days still think Mercury was in the ethanol. That is the result of modern Spagyric teachings.

You can share what you feel like here; unless you have sworn some kind of oath of secrecy limiting your intellectual property rights.

Other experiments I've researched involve finishing the imbibing, and a slow putrefication of the material, and indeed I have one project now that is moving VERY slowly, prepared by a method closer to Stavish's. That's sort of my "control" experiment while I refine this new process.
    Those processes you have been describing that involve imbibing of sulfur and mercury are spagyrical not alchemical in processing protocols. Study and experiment with Hollandus Vegetable work to see the difference.

Alchemical processes do not use alcohol for plant stones. Also the plant sulfur is not the essential oil steam distilled from the plant.

There are two types of alchemical plant magestries that produce two different "stones." One is organic and is hard like amber when cold and like wax when hot. The other type of alchemical plant stone is inorganic and forms large hard translucent polygonal crystals. That stone is hard and will resist the fire to over 1000F. Yet it melts quickly in water.

but I'm of the opinion now that the alcohol is just a solvent, and the Mercury is actually something I extracted from the fresh plant itself. Pretty sure there will be those who disagree, but I trust my eyes and my experience first, even if I'm open to other thoughts.
    Alcohol is just a solvent and the plant Mercury is actually something you extract from the plant itself. Alcohol is used to extract a secret volatile salt used in the preparation of the universal menstrum. Always trust your experience and observations over those who disagree. They are free to follow whatever....

I think you are getting close to the entrance.

+ Reply to Thread