Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Plant Spagyrics - When a Stone Appears

Really cool!

Thank you for continuing to share your work and lovely pictures with us

Anytime. Update also. I tasted it. It's super sharp. It also appears to be delequesent. Best guess from a chymical perspective is that all the mixing somehow fluxed the salt so that it will melt at a lower temperature. I dumped it in a crucible after some more heating. The pink spots have disappeared and it seems to be developing a very dark navy blue color. Good thing I didn't toss it back into the tincture yet. I'm interested to see what it does, and planning to scrape out the darks from the dragon experiment to see if they do the same. It's such a precious little thing, and while heating I rolled it around a bit so it came out like a sort of bead. The shiny texture has also changed to a softer matte finish.

Blog Entries
    Wow well done Dragons-tail, great stuff. This is the only good-looking stone I've seen on the forums so well done to you!.

And the fact that it fused without smoke ect I find very cool aswell.

I never reduced off the moisture to my first elixir so I dont know what it would look like, However, Ill be doing a sage stone as perfectly as I can pretty shortly and ill bring that to stonehood and we can compare.

What plant did you use again?

Thanks for sharing.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Thanks. This one was mullein. After separating the Eth and Water, the leftover mass was distilled over and over. The "oil" was added to a salt from cedar to make the jelly ball over a period of ~48 hours iirc. I continued imbibing after it dried out for a bit, but gave up and it sat for weeks till I added the concoction back to the Eth, ~ a week or two ago, I think. Swished it daily, then poured off the yellow liquor and dried the powder again, which became this little guy. It should be the feces of the whole process, according to the books, but this was another attempt to purify it, and finish my elixir. Then it was like, "Nope, here I am!" Funny little thing. ... I'm going to check the spots again, one sec...

I was wrong about the blue. It looks a little blue doesn't it? But when I looked close under a white incandescent lamp, it appeared forest green. Suitable color for a plant stone? Too bad I'm not sure if it is one or not. Haven't noticed any effect from the tiny taste, but I feel there's still more to learn about this dirty little snowball, hehe. Think I'm going to start calling it that.

I have 2 of these now, the dragon's lair remainders after leeching were a bit more of a struggle to flux. I think the color change when prepping the Sulfur is important. The Sulfur principle might be the most important part of this whole exercise. I debated on whether or not to post this, but I did want to point out that on cooling, experiment number two looked like an amethyst, not white like the last one. The dragon's lair stone was all Cedar, so different plants may give different colors. Both little rocks weigh between 2-3 grains.

As the "eggs" continue to color themselves slowly, both are leaning toward a dusty green. When I checked on them, both crucibles had a familiar and penetrating scent, but I couldn't quite place it. I decided it was time to have a look inside. This is the first bit of crushing:

You can tell, the exterior is definitely a green color, and inside, an purple interior. I suspect all of the powder I ended with with gradually turn from purple to green. The scent increased potency upon cracking and moreso with crushing and powdering. I smelled it again and again, but for some reason I just couldn't place it. Perhaps my mind was telling me "salt, it smells like salt." Then the idea floated through my head about how I just cracked one of my eggs open, and I was looking at the yolk.
    rotten egg...
    sulfur.
    They smell like sulfur, both of them, like elemental sulfur. Burnt match heads, sour gas. I've been around that smell a lot in my life from various sources, so my brain just needed time to catch up. Where did it come from? No idea. Alcohol doesn't have sulfur in it, so it must have appeared from the plant remains, but it's a super strong smell. I'm still considering adding them back to their respective tinctures, and the one for this particular egg has already been recombined with the sweet water. I have sweet water for my mullein as well stored in a dark place, so I can always add it later if necessary to that tincture. I'm glad I do experiments in tandem, makes it easy to take experimental chances, knowing that I have a backup.

Anyway, thought this was a cool bit of info to add to this discussion. My brain keeps trying to convince me that this whole business with fusing salts isn't going to lead anywhere, but it has some very interesting qualities, and everything is an experiment at this point, guiding how I will work my next spagyric concoction. When I finally recombine these salts with the second order tincture, I will be interested to see how well they solve, or if the tinture separates into eth and water parts. Would be interesting indeed if it split colors as well, from yellow liquor into a white and red section. Not holding my breath on that though :P

+ Reply to Thread