Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Plant Spagyrics - When a Stone Appears

Thanks z0 K for your experience on this matter. There's so much wisdom in your post that I'll probably read through it a few times. Yes, spagyrics had me convinced that everyone thought alcohol was the Mercury, but every time I go back to my materials, I shake my head at the though. Even to the point a few months ago when I thought the whole Mercury thing was tripe. (the thought was soul and body vs. Merc/Sulp/Salt). I've similarly changed my mind about essential oil being the sulfur, but that revelation came much more recently. I've also found a salt in my experiments that reminds me of your words about a "secret volatile salt," but time will tell. Just the wording that you used sounds like it, but I didn't get mine using alcohol, so we'll see. I'm going to keep working at this path, but I feel I still have a long way to go. Thanks again.

Kinda testing to see if the image will work here. Kinda excited that something actually went as expected. This is the Mercury and sulfur for the current test, or possibly just the Mercury. Probably just the Mercury, the sulphur principal was red on the last plant, and the Mercury was white/clear. So many questions still but they will be answered through the course of experimentation, which is why I've derailed myself on this little journey into process and procedure.

Anyway, the yellow bonded with the clear, and distills with it (you can see some yellow in the distillate on the left) but it happened earlier than expected, and I added some distilled water at one phase of the experiment, so now it's carrying water with it. I was hoping I could concentrate it again through fractioned distillation, and it seems to be working. The "water of the sun" was always getting darker as there was less, even if the distillate was bright with color. The little puddles in the elbow were my indicator. The Idea is to find it's "proper" viscosity and concentration through repeated distillation and working with fractions. So from here the "white" will be run again, and the boiling flask leftovers added back to the yellow. Then we go round two, collect more "white," and repeat, until I've separated them as much as I can. They're fused, just "watered down" so I'm hoping this will correct, at least in a small part, for my mistake. And I'm sure it will as my solvent didn't do the best job possible of separating the plant. When I find a "better solvent," then hopefully it will make these little annoyances easier, but when working with eth, it isn't going to do the job perfect. After this, and the finalization of my stone experiment from the OP, which is next, I will begin my search for the SM of the plant kingdom. At this point I've made enough mistakes to know what qualities it should have, I think.

Picture is working now. To clarify. My theory is that the yellow is actually my plant Merc, but I have no idea why it's yellow. Last time it was very clear white and the smell changed. Maybe I just didn't damage it this time. The Sulphur fraction that made the last stone (which was "contaminated" with Mercury) is waiting to be separated in another flask. I don't have enough material from this plant to make salt, and the bugs took to the leaves after it went to seed. I may end up using another salt as a "body" for it to test if it makes a type of spagyric stone again. I have some left, just not sure how much salt I'm going to get, and my process is a little annoying. The body has to be cooked just right or I fear it won't make the "special salt." I actually have another experiment that I need to test and see if the volitile salt appeared. So many things to check, but I'm making progress, I think.
    Last edited by Dragon's Tail; 08-26-2017 at 05:43 AM. Reason: figuring out imgur links

Hi, Dragon's Tail.

I find your work very interesting.
    Surely we will be glad to read your contributions.
    I will be attentive to your posts.

Best regards.

Neat work, Dragon's Tail!

Thank you for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    Hi, Dragon's Tail.

I find your work very interesting.
    Surely we will be glad to read your contributions.
    I will be attentive to your posts.

Best regards.
    Thanks. I'll probably be posting mostly in spagyrics for a while. I'd like to do a little step-by-step once I have my process hammered out more (I'll start a new thread). Just want to be very confident that the months of work involved with end with a nice finale, probably a spagyric confection of some sort. Part of me still says that I got very lucky with a lot of things on the last one, or that there was some divine interference to point me in the right direction.

I won't be giving away every detail, but there should be more than enough pictures and stuff that I think anyone who's serious about their lab work would be able to follow along. My metaphors are mostly my own, so I might use some weird symbolism from time to time. Making sense of all these lions and dragons is a little beyond me still at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich View Post
    Neat work, Dragon's Tail!

Thank you for sharing!
    You're welcome, glad it's keeping your interest. Did you notice (probably easier with the flask on the right) that there looks like a separation? It's an optical illusion that happens when they aren't filled very much, and it can be rather annoying if I'm looking for a floating oil, lol. Do you guys notice this in your round-bottom flasks too? It's a very convincing deception till I get about 1/4 full.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon's Tail View Post
    You're welcome, glad it's keeping your interest. Did you notice (probably easier with the flask on the right) that there looks like a separation? It's an optical illusion that happens when they aren't filled very much, and it can be rather annoying if I'm looking for a floating oil, lol. Do you guys notice this in your round-bottom flasks too? It's a very convincing deception till I get about 1/4 full.
    Totally! I know what you're talking about!

I use round bottom flasks too and notice the illusion as well.

I was inspired by a video z0 K made, and even though this one is a purely spagyric experiment with a stone, I decided that it's time to go ahead. This was my "stone" after washing in its own Mercury. I will now attempt to tease out the "white dragon" and trick him.

Setting up the cave of thorns to trap the white dragon:

Provoking the dragon with heat:

Very nice! Looking good. What is your starting Matter? I am curious to see if that long setup works well for trapping your "white dragon". That 'T' joint setup is smart thinking!

Blog Entries

Thumbs up

This is an excellent work! Most of us have worked with the "modern Spagyrics" methods and found out that something is missing. IMO a properly made plant stone is the same thing as the stone made from metals or minerals.

Probably you have already seen this thread:
    http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showt...Masonic-Ritual

It may give you ideas for what the Salt is.

+ Reply to Thread