Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Spagyric Menstruums

Spagyric Menstruums

The Spagyric Mercury is not 'our Mercury', the same I think goes for Sulphur and Salt. How then in Spagyrics is alcohol to be correctly viewed. It is clearly a menstruum which does extract a Sulphur from a plant which can be clearly seen in the image below.

The plant was macerated and kept in alcohol for a month, once alcohol separated from mixture it is rectified. This milky substance is left behind in the retort after the alcohol has come over the still head. This is in my view the Sulphur of the plant not some kind of cosmic Sulphur, it is Spagyric.

I think that this simple point of how a menstruum can be a Mercury and can extract the Sulphur is sometimes lost in the more in depth discussions especially when practical illustration is rarely shown. I don't expect people necessarily to show the Universal Mercury it's action but if they do not why discuss it so exhaustively? Because they don't have It? I will always show what I say I have and not say I have a thing if I am not minded to show a it.

Blog Entries
    There are other substances except alcohol that can extract something from a plant, for example naptha. In that case, is naptha also a spagyric plant "mercury"?

If common alcohol is the "mercury", what is the difference between spagyrics and common tinctures of plants made according to chemistry?

Quote Originally Posted by theFool View Post
    There are other substances except alcohol that can extract something from a plant, for example naptha. In that case, is naptha also a spagyric plant "mercury"?

If common alcohol is the "mercury", what is the difference between spagyrics and common tinctures of plants made according to chemistry?
    I specifically say that alcohol is not 'our mercury', that it can be used as a menstruum so can act as a mercury for plant Spagyrics. I have no idea if naphtha can act as a Spagyric Mercury/menstruum have you tried it?

Spagyrics is much closer to chemistry than Alchemy this is true. As I have mentioned in another thread if Adolf Hitler and the Dalai Lhama both did the same Spagyric procedure with the same equipment and materials they would both get the same product. The spiritual state of the operator does not effect the outcome for Spagyrics.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Axismundi000 View Post
    I specifically say that alcohol is not 'our mercury', that it can be used as a menstruum so can act as a mercury for plant Spagyrics. I have no idea if naphtha can act as a Spagyric Mercury/menstruum have you tried it?
    If I understand correct you say that alcohol is a Spagyric Mercury (and not 'our mercury'). Also from the way you use the words Spagyric Mercury/menstruum I conclude that there is very small difference in their meaning (if any).

Naptha can extract "plant Sulfur" as it changes color when it touches the plant. However, the "naptha plant Sulfur" will have different constituents than "alcohol plant Sulfur" because of different solubilities. They are not the same "Sulfurs" according to chemistry.

Paracelsus taught that if you wish to extract all of the plant sulphur you need to use both alkali and alcohol in order to extract everything and later the german branch of Golden Rosicrucians tried to construct such a menstruum by uniting alkali salts and alcohol together through the intermediary of vinegar.

Last edited by True Initiate; 08-27-2017 at 01:37 PM.
    Formerly known as True Puffer

Quote Originally Posted by theFool View Post
    If I understand correct you say that alcohol is a Spagyric Mercury (and not 'our mercury'). Also from the way you use the words Spagyric Mercury/menstruum I conclude that there is very small difference in their meaning (if any).

Naptha can extract "plant Sulfur" as it changes color when it touches the plant. However, the "naptha plant Sulfur" will have different constituents than "alcohol plant Sulfur" because of different solubilities. They are not the same "Sulfurs" according to chemistry.
    Your assumption is incorrect, the difference between 'our mercury' and a Spagyric menstruum Mercury (ethanol) is vast and outside the paradigm of basic Spagyric works. There are thousands of words on this SM, 'our mercury' topic on the forum if you wish to look at those threads. So show me this work you mention with naphtha so it can be seen what you say is true. What kind of Spagyric do you get? Do you get a Lysol type extraction from the plant like with alcohol? Alcohol is a menstruum in plant Spagyrics and for this reason it is called Mercury for plant Spagyric works. I have read about this and also practically tested this for myself. Naphtha sounds interesting what practical research have you done to substantiate your claim?

Quote Originally Posted by True Initiate View Post
    Paracelsus taught that if you wish to extract all of the plant sulphur you need to use both alkali and alcohol in order to extract everything and later the german branch of Golden Rosicrucians tried to construct such a menstruum by uniting alkali salts and alcohol together through the intermediary of vinegar.

Someone did a flowchart for this on a yahoo group I was in I will see if I can find it? It has copyright protection I can't upload it. Maybe mods can delete this post.
    Last edited by Axismundi000; 08-27-2017 at 02:42 PM.

It has copyright protection I can't upload it. Maybe mods can delete this post.
    Can you give us a link to this flowchart?

Blog Entries
    So show me this work you mention with naphtha so it can be seen what you say is true. What kind of Spagyric do you get? Do you get a Lysol type extraction from the plant like with alcohol? Alcohol is a menstruum in plant Spagyrics and for this reason it is called Mercury for plant Spagyric works. I have read about this and also practically tested this for myself. Naphtha sounds interesting what practical research have you done to substantiate your claim?
    If you mix a fresh or a dried plant with naptha it will acquire a green color, similar to Lysol but darker. Unfortunatelly I don't have pictures of this color or details of the plants used as many years have passed (it was probably melissa or spearmint). Except alcohol there are other solvents too that can dissolve plant constituents. I'm sure methanol, isopropanol, "nail polish remover" and virtually any organic solvent will do that even if I haven't tried them. I thought this was common knowledge and not much proof is needed.

So what are you saying is that naptha will extract more plant constituents than alcohol. I agree with this since alcholol is such a weak solvent.

+ Reply to Thread