Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Fr. Albertus Work

Fr. Albertus Work

Hi, people.

Can someone say to me if what Fr. Albertus proposes in his book " Alchemists Handbook", in relation to the vegetable stone, really work?

Has someone tried this stone?

Greetings to all.

I haven't done Spagyrics with a soxhlet like Frater Albertus shows in his handbook. As long as you don't fuse the Soxhlet pieces (a common hazard) it looks like a simpler method because you don't have to separate the Sulphur and Mercury. But I haven't tried it.

You´re right, Axis... Fr. Albertus uses the sulphur and the mercury together on the salt. He never separates them. I found that very strange.
    I will read a little more his book.
    Thanks for your comment.

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    You´re right, Axis... Fr. Albertus uses the sulphur and the mercury together on the salt. He never separates them. I found that very strange.
    I will read a little more his book.
    I find so many of the modern 'authorities' (authors) very strange and misinformed.

Have you looked into studying any older writings?

Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich View Post
    I find so many of the modern 'authorities' (authors) very strange and misinformed.

Have you looked into studying any older writings?
    Which, for example?
    Last edited by pierre; 08-30-2017 at 02:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    Which, for example?
    ...That's what I am asking you!

I enjoy Sendivogius, Raudorff, Philalethes, Grassot, Magnus, Rhumelius, Morenius, Artephius, etc. etc.

I did it, Pierre... several years ago (the first lab things I did was replicating what the books by Albertus, Junius and Dubuis said... I strictly mean the vegetable part of them). They are not incredibly different.

Yes, it "works", even if some things won't happen exactly as they are described in those books (this was specially true for me with Dubuis, who gives very accurate details about temperatures and sometimes things happen in a different way with our weather).

But asking if it "works" is tricky. The answer is yes... but that "yes" does not mean that it has any worth.

You know, you can take any dried non-toxic plant that you want and make a tea with it.... and then claim that it's a spagyrical tea.... and that's OK, you've made a tea and it "worked".

So the BIG question is if it has any worth... my answer is "no". You can make a "stone" with his method... but don't expect it to be much more interesting than, say, a tea.

I assume that the BEST thing about doing such things is gaining practice in the use of lab equipment... which is fine for someone who is beginning with such thing, but that's not really your case. The best thing to do with his book is to give it to some friend that you don't specially appreciate

Quote Originally Posted by zoas23 View Post
    I did it, Pierre... several years ago (the first lab things I did was replicating what the books by Albertus, Junius and Dubuis said... I strictly mean the vegetable part of them). They are not incredibly different.

Yes, it "works", even if some things won't happen exactly as they are described in those books (this was specially true for me with Dubuis, who gives very accurate details about temperatures and sometimes things happen in a different way with our weather).

But asking if it "works" is tricky. The answer is yes... but that "yes" does not mean that it has any worth.

You know, you can take any dried non-toxic plant that you want and make a tea with it.... and then claim that it's a spagyrical tea.... and that's OK, you've made a tea and it "worked".

So the BIG question is if it has any worth... my answer is "no". You can make a "stone" with his method... but don't expect it to be much more interesting than, say, a tea.

I assume that the BEST thing about doing such things is gaining practice in the use of lab equipment... which is fine for someone who is beginning with such thing, but that's not really your case. The best thing to do with his book is to give it to some friend that you don't specially appreciate

Ha ha... zoas!

your words are very clear... aren´t they?

So you think that this vegetable stone is no more than a tea?

Well, I cannot say the opposite...

Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich View Post
    ...That's what I am asking you!

I enjoy Sendivogius, Raudorff, Philalethes, Grassot, Magnus, Rhumelius, Morenius, Artephius, etc. etc.
    Ah... I understand.

Yes, I have read to Arnaldo Villanova, Crasellame, Ramon Lull, Isaac Hollandus, Limojon de Saint Diddier...

I just was asking you which ones have you read... But a guess we both know it, now.

Hey Pierre in this video Timothy Hogan claims that you can prepare Phi stone from vegetable matter similar to Fr. Albertus. Sorry if it is not precisely on the topic but hey it's a video!

Formerly known as True Puffer

+ Reply to Thread