Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Well of Souls, and Spiritus Mundi

Well of Souls, and Spiritus Mundi

At this point, it's become obscured in my memory where I came across this idea, but it is one that has stuck with me. If you search "well of souls," you're going to find a cave somewhere in Persia, I believe. But I was informed that Kabbalah practitioners have a different definition. Again, not certain of the text or origin, just what I was told, but the story itself is the important part, and I will try my best to do it justice as I understand it:

Some traditions believe that the life force of the whole universe penetrates and surrounds every living thing, and can be found in and around every matter. It's akin to a pool of water, known as the well of souls, where new bodies act as a vessel for the water of souls. When we are born, our vessel is filled with spirit from the well, and when we die, that vessel is emptied into the same pool, where it disperses like a drop of water in the ocean. Thus each of us contains a little of the whole, and when we die, we reunite with the whole. The well is the origin and destination of the living essence, the beginning and the end, the alpha and the omega.

Sound familiar to anyone?

My personal take, being a spiritual physicist, is that this is the spirit energy, composed partly of light (applied generally, x-rays and such included) and form (patterns, shapes, eddies and currents, etc). The energy itself is both absorbed and transmitted via every atom or electron or subatomic particle, thus in a way, every physical matter contains some of this substance, but in higher living creatures, the patterns formed link us together, and to the universal consciousness, which some call God. The biosphere of the earth even has it's own essence when viewed macroscopically. The energy by itself is inert, but the interactions it has with matter form patterns which are undetectable, as any detection apparatus changes them. Light stops at a collector, radio waves are disrupted by antennas, etc. The human body emits the energy as heat, and various frequencies of the nervous system, as well as subtler frequencies from individual cells during mitochondrial actions and such.

The Spiritus Mundi needs a vessel, and the vessel needs a Spiritus Mundi.

What do you think? Off my rocker? or helpful?
    Anyway, that's my thought for the night. I'm off to bed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon's Tail View Post
    The Spiritus Mundi needs a vessel, and the vessel needs a Spiritus Mundi.
    Seems to be the case...
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon's Tail View Post
    When we are born, our vessel is filled with spirit from the well, and when we die, that vessel is emptied into the same pool, where it disperses like a drop of water in the ocean.
    The comparison can also be made of the mother's blood entering the fetus, and the vessel which the egg/sperms made is the skin tissue.

I think you're onto something
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Thanks guys. If anyone knows the origins of that little story, please speak up. I can't find it through searching Google.

Perhaps this is similar to the force mentioned in Star Wars.

I think that nothing else exists other than this energy. IMO, what we perceive as
    substance or matter is just a collection of this energy in a defined pattern.

I don't think it possible to call energy inert energy as inert is (chemistry) a substance
    that does not react chemically or something unable to move or act; inanimate, while
    energy is the impetus behind all motion and all activity. Does this not appear to be an
    oxymoron?

In respect to energy and the interactions it has with matter, matter is a component of
    energy as in E=mc^2, where m is mass, mass is a property of physical body and a
    physical body must have matter. Therefore the only reaction I can see possible for an
    interaction between energy and matter is that it can increase the speed off the mass
    or it can increase the mass?

There is something I find odd in science. Photons are considered massless particles, but
    they are also energy carriers so if a photon is carrying energy and E=mc^2, then it has
    mass. If the photon is not carrying energy does it exist at all?

Perhaps if one can remove the energy from a photon and capture the photon, that is
    Spiritus Mundi.

Edit: "The Spiritus Mundi needs a vessel, and the vessel needs a Spiritus Mundi."

Perhaps Spiritus Mundi is the vessel.

Ghislain
    Last edited by Ghislain; 09-01-2017 at 04:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghislain View Post
    Perhaps this is similar to the force mentioned in Star Wars.

I think that nothing else exists other than this energy. IMO, what we perceive as
    substance or matter is just a collection of this energy in a defined pattern.

I don't think it possible to call energy inert energy as inert is (chemistry) a substance
    that does not react chemically or something unable to move or act; inanimate, while
    energy is the impetus behind all motion and all activity. Does this not appear to be an
    oxymoron?

In respect to energy and the interactions it has with matter, matter is a component of
    energy as in E=mc^2, where m is mass, mass is a property of physical body and a
    physical body must have matter. Therefore the only reaction I can see possible for an
    interaction between energy and matter is that it can increase the speed off the mass
    or it can increase the mass?

There is something I find odd in science. Photons are considered massless particles, but
    they are also energy carriers so if a photon is carrying energy and E=mc^2, then it has
    mass. If the photon is not carrying energy does it exist at all?

Perhaps if one can remove the energy from a photon and capture the photon, that is
    Spiritus Mundi.

Edit: "The Spiritus Mundi needs a vessel, and the vessel needs a Spiritus Mundi."

Perhaps Spiritus Mundi is the vessel.

Ghislain
    Your right about the "inert energy," but I thought it was a clever way to make the distinction between common light and the patterns. Light is captured by electrons usually, and "excites" them into a higher orbital. They will eventually "decay" (eventually is a tiny fraction of a second) into their normal orbital and emit another photon. So light and energy are constantly interacting everywhere, even when they aren't ionizing particles for things like photosynthesis or other photon reactions.

As to the nature of light, that's a rabbit hole I'm not going to go into depth on, because it gets weird real fast, but the propagation is related to two fields, E and B. E is the electric field and B is magnetic. If an E field changes, then it excites a B field and vice-versa, which is why a single photon is polarized in a certain orientation. Funny enough ExB (that's cross, not times) produces the explanation of how light moves, but there's a problem. It's always moving the same speed regardless of the reference frame. Maxwell noted this years before relativity, and it had scientists spinning their heads, because the Maxwell equations describe everything else about electricity and magnetism really, really well.

New State of Light Revealed With Photon-Trapping Method

Edit: Sorry DT I didn't notice you had replied, wasn't ignoring you

I have always found the speed of light remaining the same regardless of the reference odd. Can it be explained?

Ghislain

Oh, and E=mc^2 is an equivalence principal. It only really applies when mass is converted to energy or vice-versa. So stuff with mass has a "stored" energy in its creation, where light can have none. Light's "mass" is measured in electron-volts, not on a scale.

Could it be to do with the distortion of time due to velocity?

Ghislain

Quote Originally Posted by Ghislain View Post
    New State of Light Revealed With Photon-Trapping Method

Edit: Sorry DT I didn't notice you had replied, wasn't ignoring you

I have always found the speed of light remaining the same regardless of the reference odd. Can it be explained?

Ghislain
    Hah, I just replied like 10s ago, so... hehehe. Forgiven.

As to the link, sounds like someone is looking for grant money. I write articles sometimes for sites like that, the job is usually to jazz something up without exactly lying, and TBH the people that run them don't know the difference or care.

That said, I don't know much about BECs, we didn't study those when I was taking E+M. Seems like I've heard of it though, because it sounds familiar. But if this experiment has never been verified since 2010 and it's "something you can do in your backyard with a laser..." my BS alarm goes off. I'm not saying that it isn't possible, but the method they are describing doesn't seem useful to anything, you're basically trapping a wave inside of a resonance field. It'd be easier with radio waves.

However, there is another, subtler, and possibly more alchemical way to do essentially the same thing, and it happens everywhere, and all the time. When light waves pass each other, they superimpose on the electric and magnetic fields, so two bodies separated by a fixed distance, each giving off heat, actually have a sort of standing wave of heat between them. The individual photons aren't trapped, but the pattern of the field is. That's the essence that I'm talking about. In this way, every particle is sort of "connected" to the rest of the universe by these resonances.

+ Reply to Thread