Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Well of Souls, and Spiritus Mundi

Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    Specifically, there is an auto-feedback mechanisum in place, which through the correct kinds of circulation, produce the effects of which your speaking (IMO)

SM needs Body and Body needs SM = Effect

Circulation between two oppisames = Cause
    That's actually how I normally describe it to people of like mind. A feedback loop of sorts, or a bunch of resonating waves. But things move, and bodies change, so it's more of a chaotic effect that I picture in my head. Not sure I follow you on the cause, but it could be viewed as a circulation. Fill the flask (body), heat (life), and then when the glass breaks(death), the spirit falls back in the pool, and you get another flask. But I'm new to SM, I originally came up with these ideas about matter and energy to describe the soul and reincarnation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon's Tail View Post
    At this point, it's become obscured in my memory where I came across this idea, but it is one that has stuck with me. If you search "well of souls," you're going to find a cave somewhere in Persia, I believe. But I was informed that Kabbalah practitioners have a different definition.
    Whilst Qabalah is quite homogeneous (the most orthodox Qabalah, the post-Luria Qabalah, the "Christian Qabalah" or even Abulafia's version are almost identical)... but it gets VERY heterodox when it comes to the "afterlife" (as to give such thing a name).
    In most cases you are going to find a reincarnationist idea which comes from neo-platonism.
    And what you meant with a different definition is quite easy:

The body (GVPh) is the receptacle (AVTzR) that gets filled with 3 things... The Nepesh (which is identical to the Greek idea of "Psyche"), the Ruach (which is identical to the Greek idea of "Logos") and the Neschamah (which is identical to the Greek idea of "Nous")... and the *peak* of the Neschamah is the Yechidah (which is identical to the Greek idea of "Hen").

And in SOME forms of Qabalah (i.e, Luria's version) the source of these "things" that the body receives is the Adam Kadmon (The androgynous primordial man... though is his version the primordial man precedes the Being -in other versions it doesn't; i.e, in the Zohar).

And, of course, Qabalah is reincarnationist.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon's Tail View Post
    The Spiritus Mundi needs a vessel, and the vessel needs a Spiritus Mundi.
    What do you think? Off my rocker? or helpful?
    I disagree with some ideas... Mainly:
    1) The idea of the Spiritus Mundi as "light" is fine, but it isn't really the light of the visible spectrum, nor the infra-red light or the ultraviolet light, etc.
    2) The Spiritus Mundi doesn't need a vessel... Think of the apeiron.

Quote Originally Posted by zoas23 View Post
    Whilst Qabalah is quite homogeneous (the most orthodox Qabalah, the post-Luria Qabalah, the "Christian Qabalah" or even Abulafia's version are almost identical)... but it gets VERY heterodox when it comes to the "afterlife" (as to give such thing a name).
    In most cases you are going to find a reincarnationist idea which comes from neo-platonism.
    And what you meant with a different definition is quite easy:

The body (GVPh) is the receptacle (AVTzR) that gets filled with 3 things... The Nepesh (which is identical to the Greek idea of "Psyche"), the Ruach (which is identical to the Greek idea of "Logos") and the Neschamah (which is identical to the Greek idea of "Nous")... and the *peak* of the Neschamah is the Yechidah (which is identical to the Greek idea of "Hen").

And in SOME forms of Qabalah (i.e, Luria's version) the source of these "things" that the body receives is the Adam Kadmon (The androgynous primordial man... though is his version the primordial man precedes the Being -in other versions it doesn't; i.e, in the Zohar).

And, of course, Qabalah is reincarnationist.

I disagree with some ideas... Mainly:
    1) The idea of the Spiritus Mundi as "light" is fine, but it isn't really the light of the visible spectrum, nor the infra-red light or the ultraviolet light, etc.
    2) The Spiritus Mundi doesn't need a vessel... Think of the apeiron.
    Thanks a lot, great information. I didn't mean to imply visible spectrum. I always think of light as any frequency, and call it light because repeating "electromagnetic radiation" gets tiring and dull. And to be clear, the spiritual energy isn't, IMO, the actual "material" light, the the superpositions and interations as a whole. They form complex and interesting patterns around living things that result from indirect association with the environment, but it isn't quite a mysterious ether. All things exist on the fabric of space, but "light" interacts with it in a certain subtle kind of way, sort of half in this realm, and half in the next. I'll have to read more on the aperion.

+ Reply to Thread