Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Rotation of the elements

Quote Originally Posted by Kiorionis View Post
    I agree about the increase in heat, Luxus. But if the end goal is a coagulate susbtance, it will finish the rotation as an earth.

Unless you separate it into 2 processes:
    Solve -- volatilizing the fixt
    coagula -- fixing the volatile
    Totally! And without getting overly cheesy I would say "the end is the Beginning, and the beginning is the End".

Quote Originally Posted by Kiorionis View Post
    I agree about the increase in heat, Luxus. But if the end goal is a coagulate susbtance, it will finish the rotation as an earth.

Unless you separate it into 2 processes:
    Solve -- volatilizing the fixt
    coagula -- fixing the volatile
    strictly speaking the last substance is brought about through conjunction ie that which is volatilised is attracted to that which is fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich View Post
    Totally! And without getting overly cheesy I would say "the end is the Beginning, and the beginning is the End".
    True but a spiral rather then a circle because each time you rotate the wheel the substance is augmented in power up a level.

I would say "the end is the Beginning, and the beginning is the End".
    so sayeth the ruler of bethos
    Last edited by Kibric; 09-11-2017 at 11:10 PM.

I was reading through the Donum Dei text yesterday and noticed the order of the elements was
    "The first is winter cold and moist, the second is ver, hot and moist, and flourishing. The third is the summer time, hot and dry, and red. The fourth is the harvest cold and dry, which is the time of gathering of fruit."
    Notice the rotation of elements is given as Water > Air > Fire > Earth

Mostly the elements are given from their grossest to their Subtlest:

Earth > Water > Air > Fire
    The seasons are a guide on the action of the external/internal Fire
    First I thought it was a mistake but then thinking further on this thought that it may be possible to rotate through the phases in a different order and still have success.
    if your saying during the treatment of the matter (the seasons can be changed) you wont have a proper generation of the new Earth (Salt of Lunaria)

And it is necessary that our stone be drawn out of the natures (solid,liquid) of two bodies before the Elixir may be made complete, therefore it is worthily said: O water in form Pontic, or bitter which dissolves the Elements, O most greatest Nature, the creature of Nature which containeth Nature, and overcometh the nature of the meanys what cometh with light and with light it is engendered and she that is mother of all, how black a cloud hath she brought out.
    The Earth 1st is essential in the operation, from the 1st body we draw a water/oil then from the water (2nd body) through its vapour/Air we generate a new earth
    You need the Earth/servant (1st body) in order for Water/sister(2nd body) to be drawn from him
    "so that nothing contrary enter with our stone, but put himself only conjoin the servant to his odoriferous sister"

The Matter of the Stone is a gross water agent, or that is a cold, congealing the water. And believe those stones to be more precious, which proceedeth from the animals than the other, Thou canst not prepare any kind of stone without Duenech, the green and liquid which is born in our mines
    Born or drawn out of the Earth (inverse capillary action)
    the Water/oil through the external fire turns into Air/vapour/Liquid crystal "the creature of Nature which containeth Nature"
    and then through its own internal fire Air/vapour/Liquid crystal is turned into a new Earth (Salt of Lunaria)

The 1st Earth/body now dead after giving up its Oil, is not renewed but through the Water/Oil it yielded it is regenerated and formed into a new Earth

Our Stone is a body without sound mortifying and quickening, so that nothing contrary enter with our stone, but put himself only conjoin the servant to his odoriferous sister and between them the art shall be engendered. For if the white woman be married to the red man anon they do embrace and so [hawsinge] be coupled together, by themselves they be dissolved, and by themselves they be made, that they that were two is made as it were one body. And know that there be three perfect colours from the which all the others take there beginning. The first is black, the second white, and the third red, there be many other colours, but they be not to be cared for, for they vanish away oftentimes before the whiteness, Then is made the commixtion of two bodies, and it is necessary in our Magistery, and if there were but one only body of the two, in our Stone, it should now go be tincture by any manner of means, and therefore it is necessary the conjunction of these two bodies, which two when they be conjoined, and received in the commixtion of the Stone, the Stone is engendered in the belly of the wind, and that is that which the philosopher saith. The wind hath born (generated) him in his belly, it is plain that the wind is Air, and Air is life, and the life is the Soul, that is oil, and water. I that am exalted above all the circles of the world have four faces having one father, whereof one is in the mountains, an other in the Air, another in the Stones, and another in the caverns or hollow places.
    Last edited by Kibric; 09-12-2017 at 03:16 AM.

Nice post Kibric!

Yes the alchemists were trying to recreate the subterranean process within our Earth in his glass, they believed mercury the father of all metals was cooked into the various metals within our Earth. Just as the seasons above ground changes the alchemists believed similar changes happened below the surface. In winter the subterranean heat was at its lowest and at the height of summer it was at its greatest. The alchemist adjusts his fire in sink with the change in the seasons hence four degrees of heat and one year to complete the rotation.

My confusion arose from noticing variance in the order among Alchemists. But for sure you cannot jump from summer to winter without going through autumn. You might be able to start in a different season (degree of heat) but the seasons (degrees) must follow their natural order ie

Summer > Autumn > Winter > Spring

Autumn > Winter > Spring > Summer

Winter > Spring > Summer > Autumn

Spring > Summer > Autumn > Winter

+ Reply to Thread