Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Alchemical Blacksmithing

Blog Entries

Alchemical Blacksmithing

So I'm opening up a blacksmith shop, mainly because, if I cant even get other alchemists that interested in what I do, how am i going to sell it to the mainstream? Never going to happen obviously until I cure cancer next year..

Therefore, classic style gate building will hopefully bring in a little more bread and butter.

Running a coke and propane forge, just cause.

Got oxy/acet. kit for cutting shapes into mild steel.

Getting a MIG set-up with angle clamps to pump out big metal frames for fenses.

also, im going to try and build a power hammer...

I know what your thinking... WHY IS THIS IN THE PRACTICAL ALCHEMY SECTION!!!

Good Question!

I intend to use some of these metallic essential oils made through the spagyrics process, to see what properties they imbibe into mild steel, when quenching out steel into these oils...

WOULDN'T THAT BE COOL!

So typically, we quench blades in oil, sometimes canola, sometimes motor oil, rarely would you use water on a blade, but ,maybe for other things...

I want to see what happens when, instead on quenching an iron sword into motor oil, it was quenched straight into 'oil of iron'

Again, what happens when you quesnch iron into 'oil of copper'

NO BODY KNOWS THIS STUFF

So once again, Elixirmixer and his massive ego is surfing miles out at see in uncharted waters, to bring home the alchemical bacon for all you "Lab Buffs".

No need to thank me, just forgive me for my essay being REALLY late...

Also, would LOVE if someone has any experience with something like this.

Cheers all. And If your interested in any custom alchemical blacksmith work done for you, please feel very welcome to contact me privately.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Blog Entries
    Elixirmixer, the Worlds Leader of Alchemical Blacksmithing.

Its got a nice ring to it i think....

(Lets try a few more)

Elixirmixer, the Worlds forerunner in Alchemical Blacksmithing..

Elixirmixer, the worlds first documented alchemical blacksmith.

Elixirmixer, not as good as thoth, but still a pretty good Alchemical Blacksmith....
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Blog Entries
    You should look into Rasa Shastra. I can't remember what the specific category of remedies is called, but there is a technique to quench different metals in oils extracted from herbs and botanicals. They're made for medicine, but if it's not done right they will be toxic.

I know it's not metals quenched in metal oils, but it might be helpful
    Last edited by Kiorionis; 09-09-2017 at 02:29 PM.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Hello ye Mr. master alchemical blacksmithera.

Just a little enquiry as to where we can get some of
    this Oil of Iron and Oil of Copper.

You will probably say....from iron and copper, but is there
    a special process we should know to bring this about ???

Blog Entries
    The (basic) process is readilly available in Robert A. Bartletts "Real Alchemy - a primer" or whatever its called. There is also another PDF I found through AxisMundi that is something like "Metallic oils of the first order" or something like that.

JDP made an interesting observation and I fear I might have to except it as a reality... Traditionally, Oil of Lead is considered a red colour, however, this could very well be iron impurities found in Galena.

I'm still to build my glassblowing lathe, and start blowing quartz crystal apparatus but when I do, then I'll be taking this path to the extreme. Now I think I will just work with potassium and sodium oils further so as to 'practise' and also to see their effects on their metallic counterparts too, to see if there is anything of note to observe.

The basic process is something like this:

Take a natural ore, of the planetary alignment of your choosing.

Crush to an absolute annihilation.

Calcine in a furnce (dont even bother in an open fire believe me) until the oxide is produces. This is attaching an oxygen molecule which becomes a gateway for our solvent to access the metallic body. Once crystallised with our solvent, it is then dry distilled in the usual way, but with the addition of a cold trap, an attachment that allows to condense even the most subtle of spirits. A Spiritus Vini is created in the cold trap, and an old, of varying colours depending on the starting matter, is found in the regular receiver.

Robert B. did extensive fractional distillation and gas-chromatography as well as certain spectroscopes that i cant remember right now (IR?) and proved that these substances, both the oil and the vini, are extremely complex and posses a wide smorgasbord of organic molecules, which is does name quite a few in the book but i lent mine out and never got it back so i don't have it on hand right now.

There are superior methods, which involve more Solve et Coagula, such as the methods described by TheFool in Alchemy Anthology Vol. 1 in his desciption of the Red Oil of Gold, Monotomic (white) gold, ect...

Blog Entries
    sitting here reviewing these oil processes, i can see that if you wanted to make a stone, the first calcination I mentioned might not be the way you want to go, because it could very well be the volatile crystals of arsenic and sulphides, that could be used later as the penetrating sal ammonical salts, used for fixing the volatile in the creation of a stone. But thats just a thought. Arsenic is after all quite dangerous apparently (or is it....?? )

Blog Entries
    In fact, you know what... this might be the time to share a beautiful gift I've had for some time, and havent shared yet.

https://www.kymiaarts.com/

Your all Welcome

I think that metal oils derived in a simple way like in the alcohol separation method described by Bartlett or the alcohol precipitation method outlined by Rubaphilos are very basic. Crystalized metal acetate properly prepared and dry distilled is I think the way to get the best from the mineral. I also have my doubts with 'sericon' gum apart from the inherent hazard of working with lead other mineral gums are I suspect also deficient.
    Last edited by Axismundi000; 09-10-2017 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Added a bit

I think I know how to make true Damascus steel. Boil iron (not steel) in strong vinegar. Now you have some Iron dissolved into the vinegar. Next add some some oak bark tea. Now you have nano Iron. Next add honey as your carbon source cap the crucible with tile and put weight on top.

+ Reply to Thread