Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Origin of the Term "Philosopher's Stone"

Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    "Philosophale" refers to "Philosophy" or "of the Philosophers", how alchemists often self-styled themselves. It has nothing to do with the wacky uncorroborated theories/speculation you are exposing.
    "Philosophale" 's hermetic meaning doesn't refers at all to "of the Philosophers".
    In french, this adjective is used only in alchemy's field and not in the philosophical one.

We have two terms for two different fields, in english you have only one term for philosophical field.
    The translation cant be done with one word or one sentence.

As always, translate is not easy ... And in this case the sens of "Pierre Philosophale" is not transposed in "Philosopher's Stone".
    Doesn't matter if you find the meaning in another way

I was just wishing to say that in french the sens of the adjective is not the philosophical english one.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysa Lead View Post
    I don't have any balls so, you cant bust it lol

Seriously, it was not at all a nagual transmission ...
    This thread is about the origin of a term, not about what I got.

If you think that the philosopher's stone is physical ...
    The big majority of people who didn't get it have the same opinion than yours.
    Only a small minority of people who didn't get it understood that it's not perceptible by touch.

I'm not here to convice, I will never do it.

Answers come by experiences, not by readings or thoughts.

Catherine
    Tell this nonsense to all the historical witnesses who saw and/or handled the Stone. I am sure they would have a very good laugh.

"Philosophale" 's hermetic meaning doesn't refers at all to "of the Philosophers".
    In french, this adjective is used only in alchemy's field and not in the philosophical one.

We have two terms for two different fields, in english you have only one term for philosophical field.
    The translation cant be done with one word or one sentence.

As always, translate is not easy ... And in this case the sens of "Pierre Philosophale" is not transposed in "Philosopher's Stone".
    Doesn't matter if you find the meaning in another way

I was just wishing to say that in french the sens of the adjective is not the philosophical english one.
    The word "philosophale" in French is obviously derived from the exact same word as the English "philosophical". All these terms derive from "philosophy". If modern French wants to relegate the form "philosophale" to alchemy only, that's a different thing. It would be a convention made by "outsiders" (i.e. non-alchemists) The alchemists themselves did not envision such a thing, though. They fancied themselves "philosophers", and that's what all these appellations ("philosophical", "philosophers'", "philosophale", etc.) for the Stone refer to. Nothing else.

The word "philosophale" in French is obviously derived from the exact same word as the English "philosophical". All these terms derive from "philosophy".
    This is not what I was speaking about ...
    My english is not perfect at all but I think that "hermetic meaning" was clear enough ... Maybe not.

"Tell this nonsense to all the historical witnesses who saw and/or handled the Stone. I am sure they would have a very good laugh."
    I wish you to understand one day ...
    By calling the philosopher's stone "the Stone" you/people wont help the process of understanding.

As I wrote it, I'm not here to convice at all.
    I wish just some exchanges about experimentations with alchemits.

This thread is about the origin ot the term "philosopher's stone".
    Let's go back to it.

If ancient Adepts (I don't speak about witnesses who got nothing, but about Adepts who got it) was creating this term it was not for nothing !
    They left behind them an enormus clue not an enormous joke.

What is the philosopher's stone ?
    This question need a thread and I suppose it already exists here ... Of course.

The origine of the term is directly linked to what happens when you progress in your path.
    If you cut everything from the world of "non matter" in your Labora, you will loose lots of time.

Ora & Labora : the both are needed.

I'm speaking about it because I made the same mistake than you but in the other way.
    I was cutting everything from the world of "matter" in my path, and I lost 4 decades ...

Through Labora I got answers about my questions, because answers come with concrete experimentations.
    For you it will be the same, your questions will get answers with you Ora because Ora is a concrete experimentation too.

Alchemy is not only Ora or only Labora ... This is a fact.
    Alchemy is an Art and it works as an Art.
    We have to accept it if we want to progress.

The term "philosoper's stone" has 2 parts ... This is a fact.
    It's not for nothing. Every part is a clue.
    We have to accept it : this is the first step.
    Catherine

The origin of the term "philosopher's stone" was explained to me in my "Labora" :

What do you see on this picture ?

another wiew

And on this one ?

And on this one ?

See you later
    Last edited by Chrysa Lead; 10-25-2018 at 09:20 AM.

This is not what I was speaking about ...
    My english is not perfect at all but I think that "hermetic meaning" was clear enough ... Maybe not.

I wish you to understand one day ...
    By calling the philosopher's stone "the Stone" you/people wont help the process of understanding.

As I wrote it, I'm not here to convice at all.
    I wish just some exchanges about experimentations with alchemits.

This thread is about the origin ot the term "philosopher's stone".
    Let's go back to it.

If ancient Adepts (I don't speak about witnesses who got nothing, but about Adepts who got it) was creating this term it was not for nothing !
    They left behind them an enormus clue not an enormous joke.

What is the philosopher's stone ?
    This question need a thread and I suppose it already exists here ... Of course.

The origine of the term is directly linked to what happens when you progress in your path.
    If you cut everything from the world of "non matter" in your Labora, you will loose lots of time.

Ora & Labora : the both are needed.

I'm speaking about it because I made the same mistake than you but in the other way.
    I was cutting everything from the world of "matter" in my path, and I lost 4 decades ...

Through Labora I got answers about my questions, because answers come with concrete experimentations.
    For you it will be the same, your questions will get answers with you Ora because Ora is a concrete experimentation too.

Alchemy is not only Ora or only Labora ... This is a fact.
    Alchemy is an Art and it works as an Art.
    We have to accept it if we want to progress.

The term "philosoper's stone" has 2 parts ... This is a fact.
    It's not for nothing. Every part is a clue.
    We have to accept it : this is the first step.
    Catherine
    You are naively and uncritically accepting the religious beliefs and superstitions of the alchemists from centuries ago as if they were some sort of "facts". There is no need whatsoever for "ora" (prayer) in alchemy. It is about as useless as praying to Santa for toys, or to Joe Pesci for beating up your bothersome neighbor (see George Carlin's hilarious comedy bit about how useless and silly prayers are. Much like him, I also "pray" to Joe Pesci, and I find that it is just about as "effective" as "praying" to some supposed "God", LOL! But at least I can easily believe in Joe Pesci, though. He is very much real.)

The origin of the term "Stone" for this transmuting SUBSTANCE goes back to the Alexandrian and Byzantine literature, which posed the "paradox" that "it's a stone that is not a stone". The meaning of this is obviously that it is not a common stone/rock as we find them in mountains or the roadsides, but it resembles them in some ways, as well as that some minerals can be used in its preparation. Another dent into your absurd theories: the older alchemists in fact preferred to call it things like "Xerion" (among the Greek speaking ones) and "al-Iksir" (among the Arabic speaking ones, who got this word based on the aforementioned Greek term "Xerion", and then the Latin speaking alchemists would Latinize this word from Arabic as "Elixir"), term meaning "the powder", "desiccative powder" or "medicine powder". Touché!

As for the physicality of the Stone: it is not only confirmed by the historical witnesses who saw samples of it with their own eyes and/or handled it with their own hands, but by the alchemists themselves, whose descriptions of it are all physical: it can present itself in the form of a heavy, brittle, red, orange, yellow or white solid substance, which can be powdered, or as a colored (usually red or yellow) liquid. All of these forms depend on certain factors of its preparation. In fact, since way back to the earliest literature there was always a duality of this substance: a white and a red forms. The first one turned base metals into silver, the second one into gold.

The origin of the term "philosopher's stone" was explained to me in my "Labora" :

What do you see on this picture ?

another wiew

And on this one ?

And on this one ?

See you later
    I see totally unidentified random colored substances and solutions that could be... oh, just a bit short of just about anything!

There is no need whatsoever for "ora" (prayer) in alchemy.
    What is Alchemy for you then ?
    Don't answer here, it's not the right place to speak about it.

I wont repeat what I already wrote.

Every way is valid when it brings you to the right door.
    But without keys, doors stay closed.

I see totally unidentified random colored substances and solutions that could be... oh, just a bit short of just about anything!
    Thanks for your answer.
    Last edited by Awani; 10-25-2018 at 01:43 PM. Reason: merged posts

Blog Entries
    Seriously, it was not at all a nagual transmission
    Ok. There's a great website i've been trying to find for years that gave you transmissions, they're clairvoyance was scary.

Only a small minority of people who didn't get it understood that it's not perceptible by touch.
    world of matter because "when it happens" you get a visible sign.
    This sign did it shine purple ?

Do you mean, oil seaping from some bibles, a strange liquid or salt seemingly coming from nowhere ?.

"Honey-like semen is the mercury
    The controlled breath is the herb
    The fire at Muladhara is the oven
    The product is the Philosopher's Stone
    Oh man! Find this stone in the body
    And fly in the sky at will."

Tamil Siddhar Bogar
    sometime between 550 and 300 BC

+ Reply to Thread