Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Alchemical Symbolism in Florence?

Alchemical Symbolism in Florence?

Hi people,

I'm planning a trip to Florence next year. Maybe it happens to be that someone here knows some cool sights relating to alchemical symbolism there.
    I found out that there seems to be a fresco on the church Santa Maria Novella, where in the flames of hell "alchimisti et falsificatori" are seen.

I'm also open for suggestions near Florence or other alchemical related spots of interest. I guess the cathetral in Sienna may be an interesting option too.

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Florius Frammel View Post
    Hi people,

I'm planning a trip to Florence next year. Maybe it happens to be that someone here knows some cool sights relating to alchemical symbolism there.
    I found out that there seems to be a fresco on the church Santa Maria Novella, where in the flames of hell "alchimisti et falsificatori" are seen.

I'm also open for suggestions near Florence or other alchemical related spots of interest. I guess the cathetral in Sienna may be an interesting option too.

Thanks in advance!
    There used to be a laboratory and a small study ("studiolo") for alchemical/chymical investigations in the Palazzo Vecchio in Florence, but it seems that little of all this has survived. This famous painting is still there:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Location...e_Tuscany.html

Thanks JDP! Of course I know the painting. Didn't know that it is there. I'll visit Palazzo Vecchio.

I've been there some months ago... There isn't really an alchemical Icon, but you'll be surprised. Just go to the museums (Ufizzi, Accademia, Palazzo Vecchio, etc) and the paintings and sculptures will show you their symbolism... so you'll be amazed every 2 minutes.
    Other than that, have in mind that SOME of the museums can only receive a limited amount of visitors and the tickets get "sold out" sometimes for a few days... so buy tickets in ADVANCE on the internet (doing it a week before will do the trick, no need to do it months before... this is specially true for the Accademia).

+ Reply to Thread