Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: The constitutes of Spagyrics

Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    Distilling Hymalaian Rock salt is an interesting prospect, however, its hard to use it as a 'control'. Reason being, Himalayan Rock salt has something like 80+ different elements in it.

So, this is a very unusual variety of salts. Another thought is: How the 'F' did they all get there??

Anyway, this is very different from say, NaCL or K(CO)3 for example.
    I considered it a control since the procurement wasn't very alchemical (even though we are mostly talking spagyrics in this thread) The number of crystals in solution has increased as the very slow evaporation proceeds, but they are all still very very tiny. When left for a long time they settle to the bottom but refuse to bond to the glass (and a couple glass beads found there way in as well, probably when I was moving the foil because I spilled some). Also the foil above the jar, has, erm, browned?? From what I understand this is sort of normal, but it's the first time I've seen it. It looks burnt. That didn't happen when it was in a flask with a smaller opening. I might filter what I have so far and see if I can get a picture for you. They're quite lovely, just, tiny. Like tiny little needles floating around.

My guess is that the mixture of salty ions acted on the water somehow to change it without actually coming over, b/c as I said, it tastes and acts like regular water. No salinity observed yet, though I might try another taste test as well.

And for the record, these minerals you are talking about are probably in your plant salts too, just fyi. They're in everything, just a matter of who's calling attention to what at that moment. There are still people that believe only the tobacco plant makes nicotine, and that only THAT plant has heavy metals sucked up from the soil, lol. There's traces of Uranium everywhere.

That said, some plants and animals are better at "fixing" certain things than others.

Crystals are drying. I thought they disappeared but I can see them now. The water is an odd... it's the most subtle salty taste. At first I thought I was only tasting salt from my finger. The odd thing is, I can still taste it. It's a lasting firey salinity, but also a most subtle note. When I started the drying, the water tasted stale. And alas, more tiny crystalline sparkles have appeared already in the remaining fluid (I think some of them made it through the filter paper)

Blog Entries
    Interesting... And I suppose your right about the trace minerals.

Since you are getting some volatile's, I better investigate this, since I have about 20KGs of Pink salts that need to do something...

And I love lab crystals
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

These salts rising up in a glass I have occurring when I am imbibing Spagyric salts with the essential oil of the original plant. In fact every time I have imbibed the alcohol then oil into salts from plant calcination I have had this rising up of crystalline salt stuff which is why I am baffled by all this SM discussion and the who knows and who doesn’t type thing. The ‘fixing’ of it which Elixirmixer mentions so that when the flask is opened to for example do more imbibing of the salts, this is more interesting, then this yet another flask of salts sublimating up the sides. Without some way of fixing it in the salts so it doesn’t fly away methods like having a hypodermic needle in the stopper and inject the oils to imbibe when the salts need more can be used which is a bit fiddly.

One thing that springs to mind with this is the view that the calcination elevates the spirit and then the temple made ready (purified salts), the spirit then returns to indwell.

I don't think it likes being crystals when dry, but I captured it. This was my result, and explains why the dried crystals that I tried to filter out seemed to disappear. It's also closer to what I saw the first time I noticed the material was flying away from my plant salts while recrystallizing at high temps. The ones on the filter paper discolored to a red, and the ones I saw before looked yellow. I think they have the capacity to "eat up" some of whatever is around them, so keep away from possible contaminates when drying.

Curious to see what you get from your dry distillation EM, but I'm not sure pink salt will decompose by that method. I'm convinced that these are in every salt, because I've seen them from both plants and "dead" salts. There isn't enough material here to do much with, and I'm a little busy this morning, so I'll try some stuff with them later. Theres a swirl pattern on one side, but that could have been from the jar being slightly tilted. Question now is what to do with them. I'm wondering if they can be calcined once completely dry, but again, not a lot of material to work with, so I'm going to ponder this mystery some more before I do anything.

Blog Entries
    What would be really interesting is if you combine these salts with say, a natural turpentine (distilled pine resin) to see if they become fully volatized.

Just a thought.

Axis, yes essential oils will volatize plants salts. I skipped that method because I don't think its considered "The True Way" so to speak. AKA the medicinal qualities of the salts of already mentioned using the air fraction of the distillation is harder to realize, yet has the correct 'structure' for our purposes.

I'm not exactly sure the difference, I'm just going off what I've read from other forum members.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Interesting idea, EM. I'll keep it in mind. I'm actually starting to get worried about them. Dry, they didn't appear to have a taste, but when I ate some soup later, I felt a burnt spot on my tongue. I dripped some distilled water in there, and when they instantly dissolved, the solution turned yellow like urine. I put some extra water in, which diluted the color, but I wanted to make sure that I didn't lose anything. Then tested the pH and the paper first read a solid 9, and then spots of blue appeared, making me think this is closer to 10. It has me wondering if this is some captured volatile from the air, perhaps the process managed to capture nitrogen in the process. I'm not sure about all of the safety procedures, but I'm interested in working more with the idea if that is the case. Maybe with NaCl or even just plain water. I will try putting some drops on different metals and observe the results. Nitre from air would be a cool idea, if that's what is happening. Minerals aren't really my thing, so I have a lot of reading ahead of me. Still planning to try with plant salts as well. Next time I'll test the stronger solution and see what kind of pH I get.

Quick update: The puddle that I made for PH testing was in a ceramic plate that had some powder remaining on it from an earlier experiment. Small 1-2mm cubic crystals have formed over the last several hours. I put a silver dime on the plate, and added a drop of the solution, will check tomorrow. I'll start a new thread for this when I have more information, but PMs are welcome, specially if you have an idea of what I may have captured. The crystal forming appears to be catalytic, so I pushed them all to one side of the puddle, just to see.
    Last edited by Dragon's Tail; 1 Week Ago at 02:34 AM.

Blog Entries
    I'm not sure if you would be extracting any nitrogen from the air, after all Nitrogen gas is one of the most stable molecules I know of due to its triple-covalent bonding. However im not sure. I think that it requires some electrolysis, or plant enzymes to create nitrates.

Interesting that you did actually get an alkali solution, theoretically these could be used in replacement of plant ashes... Salt of salt??

I've been feeling really drained laterly due to the temperature changes going on at the moment but hopefully I clean my lab up today to start another round of experiments. This Salt work is important IMO

+ Reply to Thread