Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The constitutes of Spagyrics

Blog Entries
    Most commercial scientific glassware is made from borosilicate these days, as far as I've found.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Blog Entries
    Boro has a green tint when you look through it on a thick angle. Soda glass has a blue tinge when looking through thick pieces and is to be avoided.

all lab glassware is borosilicate; however, china still.does some very cheap crap on ebay that usually last me only about 2 or 3 distillations before they crack.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon's Tail View Post
    I just started an experiment. Results will be inconclusive but I saturated room temp distilled water, filtered it twice, rinsed all glass components again with distilled water (to avoid tap contaminants), and I just fired up the distillation thing. I have some better "salts" laying around from my cedar experiments and I witnessed the phenomenon with those, but I'm going to start probing this paradox one piece at a time. Also just found this article about distilled water leaching alkali metals from flint glass. I wonder if this is still a problem:

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...00809/abstract

I want to say that my lab glass is brosilicate, but I honestly can't remember. Should be the same as Chemglass brand. I have to watch it close to make sure my good 1000mL boiler doesn't pop, so it might take a couple days for the first step. Then I'll try will my good salts. I also have a bunch of big grape vine pieces at the property. I might do a special burn with them next year and see how much salts I can pull from those ashes. They're wild and all over the zone that I'm clearing. Apparently they like strangling cedar trees, so naturally I like them in kind, :P

something is vaporizing:
    So let me clarify; you have leached plant salts and your just boiling off the water, and seein if any of the ashes volatize during a standard boiling. Is that correct? If you discover volatized salts ill be very excited. Ive often thought that the heat was volatizing my salts, however ive never bothered to check. Would be very glad to know.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

I will be using leeched salts on the next run. The current setup is a control with pink salt (mined) to compare other results to. Some made it into the head, but that may be just bubbles and such. I think my first test will be to simply taste the distilled water. That should be a pretty good pop-indicator if they are sharp. Then dry it out, and start again with plant salts. Actually the plant salts should be very refined Pot-Carb as I was careful to get rid of as much chlorides as possible, by fractionally pouring off and re-heating. Unless something else in there is more soluble than Pot-Carb, which would be interesting indeed.

I know something has volitized out of my plant salts in the past, seemingly when heated too much on recrystallization. It almost felt like a gum though, more than a salt, or a waxy substance. I collected that stuff by holding a spoon in the vapors and it would condense on it. Hopefully this experiment is a little more scientific, lol.

Blog Entries
    Does Spagyrics really need to all be made of the same plant?

What I'm trying to say is, do i need to order all the parts for my spaceship from the same supplier?

Ill show you what I mean...

If Volatized Salts of Tartar, give the ability of penetration, and Aromatics give 'rise' to this volatility; if sulfur is the signature of vegetable intelligence, and water the perfect human medium for absorbtion; Can I successfully procure all of these elements separately; and from different plant sources; and still reaper the best results?? Perhaps better?

It is written that Tartar from wine is superior to other plant salts. It is also written that plants that are 'evergreen' Contain a more fixed SM, or a stronger spirit; hense why they are green all year round. Obviously no two oils were created equal either; again, our source of water must also be just as important in our spagyrics as it is in our everyday lives.

I have the dregs of a recently emptyed wine barrel. It appears to have a lot of something in there, stuff sticking to the sides, which I assume is largly tartrates and also many other organic; irrelevant compounds.

I am going to attempt to extract the Salts from this thick wine which is filled with a lot of "wine floaties" and then I am going to attempt to volatize this by preparing the salts into a magnet; and gently distilling the aromatics from fresh plants straight onto the prepared salts.

If I know anything.about hermetic theory at all, this should, with a little circulating perhaps, volatise my wine salts. Then, I am.going to attempt an Andro style Sulfur extract using only ether.

Then I will try and recombine with some distilled rainwater.

Does this sound plausible? I will perhaps draw my initial moistures from pine resin, as this is what is most likely to volatize my.salts, as turpentine is excellent at this apparently.

In all honesty I've never attempted to volatize salts before (well not properly; ive mucked around with some silly ideas in the past) However, what true ElixirMixer could call himself such without getting some of these beautiful little bastards onto my tool belt!?!?

Wish me luck again; cause last time you did everything went really smoothly; which never happens!!

Elixermixer, I'm of the same thought process. I wish to procure medicines of the plant kingdom, not of a specified organism as starting material. That was fun for a while, but it's a deep rabbit hole when you consider each plant a unique entity, even in the same species.

After all, that's how we treat animals for blood stones right? Individuals?

Tartar is some amazing stuff in its own right, and the more that can be prepared carefully should be mixable, but take caution. If you are making batches. I have a small batch that has a fishy aroma. Literally, like seafood when heated, and not in a good way. How I got these rancid salts, I'm unsure, but I know that I didn't give as much care in their creation. I suspect that they've picked up ions from a stainless steel pot, and something else may have gotten in there as well.

My thought on the matter is to find the "water" and "air" of the vegetable kingdom as well. And since I suspect a secret salt hiding in them, it makes sense to me that there would be a common water and air, and a secret one, more subtle. I believe I have some of this secret water from a mullein plant, but unsure exactly how it was produced. Would love to talk about ideas of these more "general" substances that are common to all plants, vs specific salts and oils.

Blog Entries
    Yes a good discussion indeed. This is why instead of a specific compound; say.. iprene, I talk about compound TYPES such as Aromatics.

All plants have aromatics, all plants have pigments (chlorophyll at the least) they all have water, which I think is perfect the way it is when its gentle distilled from the plant. and all plants have Salts obviously.

I believe in a hermetic theory, that can change all these into a red stone REGARDLESS of which plant is used; regardless of what compound they may contain.

And I view this theory like this:

Fire = pigments (similar to your blood cells, chlorophyll and also Oil of Gold is also very similar to your blood)
    Air= Aromatics (iprene, benzene ect)
    Water = Water
    Earth = Salts.

Fire circulated with Water.
    Earth circulated with Air.

those results circulated with one another

Space ship.

Blog Entries
    I am currently testing this theory by the way using fresh corriander.

My water/fire extract is filtering now (EXTREMELY slowly, I have a headache from trying to suck it through because I don't have a vaccume pump and the tiny mooshy partical sizes are blocking the filter paper)

I also have the vast majority of the bio-mass sitting in the furnace being calcined as we speak.

After we do our salt experiment, there is only one thing left to do; see whether or not I am correct in thinking that very dry salts will collect the humidity from a gentle distillation and that they will combine into a volatile Salt. If that occurs; I'll be absolutly stoked as I've waited over a decade to taste these salts. Then, I will dissolve my Fire extract with the salts at a proportion that will allow for crystallization. And if all of that happens; (please infinite fractal Jesus) then I would have created my first true Alchemical Vegetable Stone; and Awani will have the super secret recipe in the groups next book

When you collect humidity, are you talking about a two flask experiment with no heat? Fresh herb on one side and purified salt on the other? What kind of temperature ranges are you looking at? Will you incubate the biomass flask?

Would be neat to do this with a sideways setup and a short pin-to-pin connector between equal sized flasks. That's what I'm envisioning. Or maybe connecting them with a 70 degree elbow.

Blog Entries
    Pretty much. I use 72degrees to slowly evaporate off the fresh herb in one flask, it in fact goes through a massive alembic hood, followed by a horizontal refluxing condenser, then a recieveing flask, AND THEN I have a gas cold trap connected with my salts in there. I dont want to catch all the moisture in the salts. I only want to catch yhe air fraction; which in my opinion, is anything that can make it past the alembic, condenser and recieveing flask, obviously has exceptional volatility and therefore i consider it 'air'.

So yes and no.

+ Reply to Thread