Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What not to do: Lead acetate

Blog Entries

What not to do: Lead acetate

Sythesising Suger of Lead is a fairly straightforward process; however in the hands of a fool, things can get tricky. (Lucky we have just the fool to demonstrate such things)

To create Suger of Lead, Take 55g of Glacial Acetic acid and water down to 50%. Then preferably use 50g of Lead(II) oxide, and stur.

Today I used Lead (II,IV) oxide (red lead or minium) and this has had undesirable results. however, i am still to see the crystals form so maybe it will be okay.

I would still recommend the yellow variety. Lead(II).

Filter. Crystalize. Done. Dont touch the lead with your skin and DO NOT injest it, it becomes very bio-available when it mixes with your stomach acids and is very toxic.

Acetic acid is also very painful to smell in high concentration. Believe me.

Peace
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Lead acetate is readily absorbed by the human body Elixirmixer. I have always wondered why other metals are not favoured for acetate more, is it because you get better products when dry distilling if lead acetate is employed?

Quote Originally Posted by Axismundi000 View Post
    Lead acetate is readily absorbed by the human body Elixirmixer. I have always wondered why other metals are not favoured for acetate more, is it because you get better products when dry distilling if lead acetate is employed?
    It's rather more because the calxes of the metals known back in older times do not dissolve in acetic acid as easily as those of lead. But once it was realized that things like "tutty" or "calamine" were actually the calx of a hitherto unnoticed metal, zinc also became a common choice, since its oxide also dissolves easily in that acid.

I appreciate this info. This is important enough for me to repeat. Any acetate is readily absorbed by the human body so lead acetate has more capacity to do harm then for example smelted lead bolts.

Blog Entries
    Indeed. Sodium and Potassium acetates are a much safer starting point.

In this particular instance I am making this Suger of Lead to perform dry distillation; as the Spiritus Vini from this experiment isnwhat will open my silver chloride crystals and release their oil, so im trying to make oil of lead, and also oil of silver aswell.

JDP, can you explain the different in reactions between Lead(II) and Lead (II,IV)???
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    Indeed. Sodium and Potassium acetates are a much safer starting point.
    So I can start with gatorade?

Blog Entries
    Yes. Yes you can.

Sodium Acetate was my first metallic oil. It was fun trying to work out the right proportions. It took me a couple of attempts. Chemistry is a tad more specific than you would at first think, even with things.as basic as bicarb soda and vinegar.

Sodium and Potassium really are some of the most important elements in your body, so making medicines from them is (probably?) a good idea. I might have another shot at the sodium today in fact.

Sorry but Skype is not an option ATM.

I wonder... Im picking up some wine leese today to extract the potassium tartrate. I wonder if I can make potassium acetate from them?

How are your metallic oils coming along Axis? Ive come to a crashing hault because I didnt have Sugar of Lead spirit to extract my Silver; so thats where I am now, trying to work up the balls to do a dry distillation of lead acetate (in the top 5 most stupid things ive ever done) but unfortunatly I have no choice....if I want my silver oil, which I most certainly do.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Axismundi000 View Post
    Well; while JDP may be right, lets remember that each of the traditional metals were deeply associated with different states of intelligence. Lead was associated with Time and Karma, and people would consume these Medicines in hope that it would initiate them, and heal past Karma (Lead oil specifically)

Also, using the spirit of Lead, is the only way that I know how to produce the oil of Gold and Silver. Do you have a better way?

Also, using the spirit of Lead, is the only way that I know how to produce the oil of Gold and Silver. Do you have a better way?
    Hi Mr. Mixer

Oil of Gold and Oil Silver ?

Where did you get this process from ?

Well; while JDP may be right, lets remember that each of the traditional metals were deeply associated with different states of intelligence. Lead was associated with Time and Karma, and people would consume these Medicines in hope that it would initiate them, and heal past Karma (Lead oil specifically)

Bartlett gives a method for silver using ammonium chloride in real Alchemy. I thought the advantage with lead is when dry distilled it gives more amounts then other metals. I understand your frustration but speaking for myself I just keep steadily working.

+ Reply to Thread