Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What not to do: Lead acetate

Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post

JDP, can you explain the different in reactions between Lead(II) and Lead (II,IV)???
    For making lead acetate there does not seem to be a difference between the red & yellow oxides. Both will produce it.

Quote Originally Posted by Axismundi000 View Post
    Bartlett gives a method for silver using ammonium chloride in real Alchemy. I thought the advantage with lead is when dry distilled it gives more amounts then other metals. I understand your frustration but speaking for myself I just keep steadily working.
    Another thing regarding this topic: unlike the other usual acetates, zinc acetate will give sublimates during its distillation, besides the usual acetone and "oily" byproducts mixture. And copper acetate will actually give mostly strong acetic acid, unlike most of the other metallic acetates.

Blog Entries
    @Mr.Black

Admittedly; I did not discover this on my own but rather was just fortunate to build a small relationship with the main alchemist from here:

www.kymiaarts.com

He taught me, in fact, if you look hard enough, there is a recipe somewhere hidden away in the website.

And apparently there is no issues with using Lead (II,IV) oxide, other than it is a bit 'dirty' and requires a significant investment of filtering to get it clean, however, even though im not quite finished it seems so.far that ill be getting some decent yeilds, its crystalizing very readily all over the bowls and beakers ive been using for filtering.

Im in a big 'synthesis' stage at the moment; making as many different type of crystals as I can with what I have. Mainly because I feel there are just too many unneccesary chemicals just sitting around that i want to put it more stable, less dangerous forms, and also just as a learning exerzise to remind me of my basic chemistry skills.

I have a fetish for self prepared crystals

Im feeling alchemical jealousy giving you the whereabouts of that recipe; which shows how much I must love you guys to still give it to you anyway (since none of you really deserve it )
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    Yes. Yes you can.

Sodium Acetate was my first metallic oil. It was fun trying to work out the right proportions. It took me a couple of attempts. Chemistry is a tad more specific than you would at first think, even with things.as basic as bicarb soda and vinegar.

Sodium and Potassium really are some of the most important elements in your body, so making medicines from them is (probably?) a good idea. I might have another shot at the sodium today in fact.

Sorry but Skype is not an option ATM.

I wonder... Im picking up some wine leese today to extract the potassium tartrate. I wonder if I can make potassium acetate from them?

How are your metallic oils coming along Axis? Ive come to a crashing hault because I didnt have Sugar of Lead spirit to extract my Silver; so thats where I am now, trying to work up the balls to do a dry distillation of lead acetate (in the top 5 most stupid things ive ever done) but unfortunatly I have no choice....if I want my silver oil, which I most certainly do.
    Of course they are. You should look into electric universe cosmology. Everything is electric, we do no exist without it. Potassium/sodium/calcium etc, are ELECTROlytes, they conduct electricity. The muscles cannot contract without an electric charge, working out uses energy (electric energy). Replenishing after a workout with gatorade and the like, is simply restoring the charge back to the muscles. We are electricity. Everything is electricity. Life ceases to exist without it. We are like rechargeable batteries. Failing to recharge causes disease.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcherSage View Post
    Of course they are. You should look into electric universe cosmology. Everything is electric, we do no exist without it. Potassium/sodium/calcium etc, are ELECTROlytes, they conduct electricity. The muscles cannot contract without an electric charge, working out uses energy (electric energy). Replenishing after a workout with gatorade and the like, is simply restoring the charge back to the muscles. We are electricity. Everything is electricity. Life ceases to exist without it. We are like rechargeable batteries. Failing to recharge causes disease.
    Yes biologically your pretty much right; the body does.use these electrolytes to perform specilized electrical processes that keep us running.

Has anyone found any use for these oils?
    Has anyone consumed any?
    I had a large does of Oil of Gold diluted in Quintessense of Honey. I shared it with some people. Everyone agreed that they felt some change in consciousness. So I am hoping to take a massive, undiluted taste of Oil of Silver and see if it will awaken my subconscious.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

By the way these electrolytes as well as the electrostatic force is what keeps DNA together. It has been my belief for a long time that whatever the process is to make the stone, it must deal with the electrostatic force and the manipulation of it. The force that binds all things is the key, once you break something down to the point where the force no longer applies, you can alter matter. However, you must recreate the force that bound it together in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    Another thing regarding this topic: unlike the other usual acetates, zinc acetate will give sublimates during its distillation, besides the usual acetone and "oily" byproducts mixture. And copper acetate will actually give mostly strong acetic acid, unlike most of the other metallic acetates.
    I think Calcium acetate is one that gives a lot of acetone. So is the arguement here that lead acetate gives a specific usfull mix of products? Whilst chemistry shows this my feeling is that this is a red herring, just a feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Axismundi000 View Post
    I think Calcium acetate is one that gives a lot of acetone. So is the arguement here that lead acetate gives a specific usfull mix of products? Whilst chemistry shows this my feeling is that this is a red herring, just a feeling.
    Yes, calcium acetate was preferably used by chemists since they were more interested in acetone than any other byproducts of acetate decomposition.

Regarding the usefulness of the byproducts of lead acetate: it is obviously a dead-end when it comes to alchemy. Neither the secret solvent nor the Stone can be made from acetates (at least not by themselves.) "Chymists" had been tinkering with metallic acetates since at least the 16th century (Quercetanus and Blaise de la Vigenere are among the first ones to openly, CLEARLY & WITHOUT ANY AMBIGUITY describe the distillation of lead acetate and its byproducts; I am omitting here the earlier more cryptic/enigmatic/vague descriptions, like those found in some of Ripley's works, that VERY AMBIGUOUSLY seem like they might be describing such operations, but which are couched in the language of alchemy with its vast array of often misleading "decknamen"), and none of them were able to make the Stone from them. If the distillation of acetates was alchemy's secret, it would already have been publicly discovered a long time ago. Hundreds of years of accumulated experience on them, at the hands of both "chymists" and chemists, plainly show that the secret of the Stone does not belong here.

Blog Entries
    I think your both right. I believe that it was acetone that these guys were looking for, and as ive suggested in my work; one reason could have been the extraction of Sulfurs of Silver and Gold.

+ Reply to Thread