Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help needed: Putrefaction and Red Oil from Plants

Blog Entries

Help needed: Putrefaction and Red Oil from Plants

I am really struggling to wrap my head around two aspects of alchemy (which may or may not be related) and I would like some assistance.

A) Putrifaction. How is this performed practically? I always just leave my jars in incubation but air tight. This does not seem to produce Putrifaction. However, if I leave it open, wont it get germs and bacteria and stuff in there that will fuck it up?? Please help me, its really not making sense.

B) Redness. I cannot seem to produce red oils from plants consistently. I am hoping that someone can share how they darken their greens into reds, as this is the part thats holding back my essay from being completed.

I had to suck up a lot of pride to ask for your help; I hope it wasnt for nothing

Let's grow. Together.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    Putrifaction. How is this performed practically? I always just leave my jars in incubation but air tight. This does not seem to produce Putrifaction. However, if I leave it open, wont it get germs and bacteria and stuff in there that will fuck it up?? Please help me, its really not making sense.
    This thread is great: http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showt...s-Putrefaction

It seems that most people are in the same boat as you. Not many have ever performed a successful putrefaction, and those who know seem to not like to help too much!

putrefaction is the action of water upon earth
    or to be more exact vapour
    the corruption only occurs through the earths ingress with its own water
    this happens with and without external heat being applied

the alchemist wants his water to be drunk by the earth
    and in return wants the earth to exhale that same water
    continually this action cause corruption then conjuncture
    it only passes through these stages because the water is from the earth
    the proper corruption then conjuncture wont occur with a foreign water

the black stage or ravens head has been deliberately made confusing
    this picture is an apt physical description
    Last edited by Kibric; 3 Weeks Ago at 03:35 AM.

I think it has to be able to breathe. My second attempt with grape leaves didn't work as the first. Red cedar in a glass jar with a martini glass fitted to the top produced a red liquid for me the first time, and it was simply left outside. I also have a large bucket that I was using for waste water at my property, and waste biomass (food leftovers). It's gone all red after I forgot to dump it, now I wonder if I should save it, because it's several gallons. Neither of those were 100% sealed.
    All accidental at this point though, like you said, never consistent results.

Just checked my "fresh" cilantro experiment. It's quite dark, though I'm not certain on the blackness of it. That on has been sitting in a sealed mason jar for months. It wasn't working, and I added some live vinegar to it a while back. I have no plan at all for how I might use it at this point, I would not call it a successful putrefication.

I know that isn't helpful, but maybe useful as things that didn't work for me.

Blog Entries
    So; after reading the Putrifaction thread, it seems that Alchemical Putrifaction is when "a body is immersed in its own waters"???? is that right?

Now, I have some corriander (cilantro) which i gentle distilled out the waters, powdered the dry herb and re combined them. While SOMEthing is happening, it is not changing colour. It is very slowly producing gases which I keep releasing from the jar. Is this process worth while? Or am I just rotting good cilantro?

I took a sample of this and added some hydrogen peroxide to see if oxidation was the key. It made no difference at all at this stage.

Im getting desperate so i think im going to just circulate this heavily and see if that will do anything.

I firmly believe that a red oil can be extracted out of any plant. I was hoping to learn how to do that without dry distillation, alas, it seems that could be my only way.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Blog Entries

Mod Post

Please name threads so that the title reflects the actual topic of the thread, so it is searchable with the corresponding keywords.

"ElixirMixer needs Help" does not reflect the topic of the thread.

Thread title changed to: "Help needed: Putrefaction and Red Oil from Plants".

Blog Entries
    What are the requirments for an alchemical putrefaction?

Thus far what I can tell is; that the waters must match the earth, they must be specific to one another.

That there must be air, which carries the celestial fire, in order to power the putrefaction.

That there is oppertunity to sweat, and then drink these waters repeatedly.

This is now the way I see putrefaction. And I have a plan. I am going to run a refluxing condenser above my corriander flask, with the top open to allow air to get in, however the condenser will ensure that I dont lose the important waters. Surely over time this will create some type of result, what that is we will find out tomorrow I guess!

I suggest refluxing in a closed system once it is up to 38-40Centigrade not open to the air. The putrefaction may produce pressure so intermittently take the upper flask or balloon off to let air in for a few moments. To me this is emulating nature because a closed system is like how our planet is in some ways, a closed ecological system being warmed from the outside by the sun.

Blog Entries
    Have you ever refluxed plants before Axis?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    A) Putrifaction. How is this performed practically? [. . .] What are the requirements for an alchemical putrefaction?
    Practically it is performed with digestion. A constant heat in a 'hermetically sealed flask'. Seth-Ra made a comment a while back about a hermetic seal used to "seal out stagnation" and consisted of a jar with a cloth over top of it, which allowed the contents to breath. Can't remember which thread that was in though... I also think there was a fair amount of alcohol present to act as a sterilization agent. I also cant remember if it was in conjunction with putrefaction or just after...

The requirements for an alchemical putrefaction are an alchemical Mercury/Spirit and an alchemical Sulphur/Fire. Everything else just acts as a body to contain them. The Sulphur, while retained in the Salt, feeds on the Mercury and becomes strengthened. This happens in nature all the time. The trick seems to be in preserving the alchemical agents, or strengthening them in some way before their union and digestion.

A great example of this is a campfire. The fire itself (in this metaphor) is the alchemical Sulphur, and the Mercury (as well as the Salt-body) is the wood and air that feeds it. As a result of their interaction, there is a blackening (charcoal). I suppose what I'm trying to say is, all Fire needs a source of Fuel. If you don't give fire enough Fuel, it dies out. Too much, and you have an explosion.

Edit. Also, I'm not saying this is 'the' way to go about it. Just how I see it at the moment

B) Redness. I cannot seem to produce red oils from plants consistently. I am hoping that someone can share how they darken their greens into reds, as this is the part thats holding back my essay from being completed.
    Are you using the same method each time, or do you vary your method? I've found that even the slightest variation (especially in processing Time) can make a difference. Most of my 'successes' (even if they never end in a final product) happen before 1 in the afternoon.
    Last edited by Kiorionis; 3 Weeks Ago at 03:13 PM.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

+ Reply to Thread