Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Help needed: Putrefaction and Red Oil from Plants

Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    Have you ever refluxed plants before Axis?
    Yes. What I found more interesting though was refluxing common table salt partially dissolved in dew, how it changed colour over time then back to the starting colour, fascinating excercise that got me started in practical Lab Alchemy.

Blog Entries
    Well, I see reflux as a good place to be; thats why i've saved it for last. Using the opposites of hot/cold, is very much a hermetic principle, therefore, it has to do something. Hopefully today I can find out what that something is.

Thank you all for your contribution. The cloth thing is probably the way to go, Maybe ill putrify before ai move forward... not sure yet.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

I would say at least some kind of reflux is needed, but a sealed flask will sort of do this on its own. I used a martini glass to act as my rainmaker in the mentioned experiment.

I don't have the answer, but should we also consider the natural decomposition of fallen leaves -> black hummus? That to me is the natural order of decomposition, and soil is very much alive. It is its own ecosystem filled with nematoads and mites and all manner of microscopic critters. It is far from a "sterile" environment but produces a very sweet product.

+ Reply to Thread