Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Help needed: Putrefaction and Red Oil from Plants

Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    So; what about heating the vessel to say 300f while empty, then dropping the fresh herb inside and closing the lid and dropping the heat back down to 250.

If I have a pelican that has a 2000ml boiling flask and 1000ml upper flask, how much should I fill the vessel?
    Isn't a pelican typically used for processes that don't involve boiling but leisurely circulation at a moderate temperature?

In his Spagyrics course, Jean Dubuis equates clearly putrefaction and fermentation and the death of the body.

About the redness induced by the putrefaction, I have a flower pot filled with soil which is constatly under the rain. Yesterday when flushing the cup underneath this pot it striked me that the water was bright red. What does ENS means please?

There are a few ways to go about doing this. Some plants give up their ghost more easily than others and some are very stingy about it. So for plants that readily give up their ghosts like ginger root for example you'd blend it to bits with some distilled water, throw it in a distillation train, distill the oils, putrefy the residue and distill it to obtain the alcohol. The salt is just solve et coagula.

But for some plants like cilantro and melissa to name some the process is different. I have done some extensive study and just now I am getting good results. Turns out that you need to use Paracelsus' method found in Jean Debuis' lectures. Where you need to do 2 main distillations with 24 hr maceration in between and a 3rd minor distillation along with an alcohol rectification. Just so that you are aware I got 2 bushels of cilantro and it took me 1 entire day to distill the damn thing. It is really stubborn.

The other way is to do a dry plant distillation. But the likelihood of glassware breakage is high unless you know how to control the temperature (have a graph of thermal glass expansion) and have a good laser thermometer.
    I'll post here the chart from Jean Debuis' lectures to aid you in conducting your extractions.

https://scontent-yyz1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...7c&oe=5E38D264

+ Reply to Thread