Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Important info about Ether

Blog Entries

Important info about Ether

Its good to know that ether is in fact, much more dangerous than I originally thought, and I originally thought it was in the EXTREME zone.

Turns out; its more in the SUPER EXTREME zone, and this is why.

Do you have a bottle of ether? How long have you had it? How long has it been opened? Ether has a tendancy to oxadize when air gets into the bottle. This causes Hydrogen Peroxide, something about the two of these are very bad; and can cause MEGA explosions.

To clarify; if you have a bottle of ether, it is standard laboratory practise to discard the ether after six months. Some labs hold their bottles for a year. I've had mine a year and used it the other day and didnt die; however, tomorrow I will be doing something about the ether I have, as I just realized it could be a ticking timebomb.

If you look into your ether bottle, and you see crystals; your in some serious shit, and are going to need proffessional assistance in order to dispose of that bottle. DO NOT open or shake the bottle if you see crystals. Carefully walk away, and make the tough call to get in the bomb squad. Better dealing with whatever punishment they give you (??) than to cremate yourself in an instant.

Also, ether can ignite from the static electricity from the action of pouring it out of the bottle ALONE. Yes. The shit can spontaneously combust in your face without warning. From now on, I will be ordering smaller bottles of ether, as a two litre bottle is just a death sentence waiting to happen.

Furthermore; ether is heavier than air, it will literally crawl along the ground and hunt for ignition points, such as a powerpoint or electric appliance.

Are we starting to grt an idea of how seriously dangerous this chemical is? Good; cause we arnt finished.

Ether can knock you out. It can make you unconscious is a matter of a few moments; if you spill a bottle, evacuate, do not try and clean it up; you could die.

All in all; less is more; If you guys never hear from me again, irs because I died trying to separate my ether into smaller bottles.

Andro; how old is your bottle of ether? Something to consider. Regards.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Thanks for the important information about Ether ‘souring’ into an explosive mixture Elixirmixer. Warning appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Excellent informations.

Also, never let your ether in the fridge, otherwise it can leak as vapours, and ignite with the light of the fridge when you open it. And... explosion.

BTW, ether is "just" a super solvent, made very easily :

Pour Oil of Vitriol (sulfuric acid) over purified Spiritus Vini. And let distill at a very slow temerature. You get ether.
    Salazius

http://dartigne.blogspot.com/

My Works

"I want to transmute everywhere" ~ The Spirit of Alchemy.

I believe using one of those containers with a valve on the bottom would be better for storing ether.

This way, air is practically prevented from entering the bottle and reacting with the ether, if we suppose the top opening is hermetically sealed.

Aether has no measurable density, and is not capable of being trapped. It permeates all things, including the so called "container" of which you think you have it trapped within. (the real aether)

Blog Entries
    You are correct; when it is in its volatile state, however it can be fixed.

Also Archersage, the Ether we are talking about here is not aether; it is Di ethyl ether which is made from sulfuric acid and alcohol (as Mr. Sal has pointed out) a very powerful solvent; i accidently got a decent wiff of this once out the bottle and it quite literally felt like it was trying to dissolve my very soul. Seriously.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Yes I know, that is why I put {the real aether} at the end ;p

Blog Entries
    Yeah I thought that after I posted; sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcherSage View Post
    Yes I know, that is why I put {the real aether} at the end ;p
    Yes, the "real aether", a speculative concept that no one has actually ever seen, touched or had any other slightest shred of proof whatsoever that it's actually real in the first place.

Blog Entries
    Why dont you just ask someone for a bottle of SM JDP?

Id give you one if I had it to give; and when I do; you'll be the first person I send a bottle too.

+ Reply to Thread