Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Project: The Standardization of Spagyric Medicine

Quote Originally Posted by Axismundi000 View Post
    The only way to succeed with Alchemy is to look firstly to God (however you choose to term this). Spending years reading books and/or spending years testing in a Lab is a process which without the grace of the Divine Providence will be pointless.

Therefore if anyone tells you eg; read 4 books on Alchemy a day for several years, or do this or that specific sequence of lab works only and then you will know, they are seeking to obstruct you. They do this either from the position of expressing the impulse of malificum or because they have failed and see no way forward for themselves.
    There's several big problems with this approach, not the least of which is that the alleged existence of "God", or indeed of any "Gods" whatsoever, rests on pure assumptions and speculations that NO ONE in the THOUSANDS of years of civilization on this planet has been able to prove. The whole thing rests on faith (i.e. belief without actual proof.) So, what if it turns out that "He" really is not "out there" listening to your prayers and desires? What then? You would have wasted your time waiting for an unproven supernatural entity to assist you in a subject which otherwise is very real and tangible and is more logically and likely to be pursuable by the very methods (viz. study & experimentation) that you are discarding.

Yes I understand you do not think Alchemy has anything to do with spirituality, you are of the firm view that it is entirely empirical. From such a stance the Divine would have no place in Alchemy and being told what to do, reading books and painstaking research would be the only options.

Blog Entries
    I think its funny that this thread started out on Spagyric Medicine, and then turned to Alchemy. The two are quite different. Alchemical remedies take quite a long time to prepare, and aren't viable in the practice of medicine when a practitioner is seeing 10+ clients a day, or a "natural clinic" is seeing 30+ clients a day. There is always a chance for an alchemical remedy to ruin a life rather than help as well (there have been a few comments on this around the forums). Some people just aren't ready for the next level.

ElixirMixer, I think it'd be a great book. Though I see it to be more effective as a book on processing medicinal plants in line with natural philosophy. If the aim is to standardize a system of spagyric medicine, I think there are at least 6 topics which need to be covered:

1 - Natural Philosophy
    2 - Botanical Sciences
    3 - Anatomy and Physiology - Exoteric and Esoteric
    4 - Materia Medica
    5 - Methods of Formulation
    6 - Methods of Preparation

"Standard Principles of Hermetic Medicine" is a title I just thought of too.

But I'm just throwing out ideas haha
    Last edited by Kiorionis; 11-19-2017 at 03:02 PM.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Blog Entries
    Toss a topic in an alchemy forum...
    hehe

Natural Philosophy would be great, if I'm thinking the same as you. The various parts of a plant (roots, leaves, stalk) and how the body of a plant mimics all bodies when laid out in a general context. But on a botanical discussion of plants, you run into problems. There are simply too many species, and the species where EM lives are totally different from where I live vs Europe or Africa. I have never in my life seen a baobab tree, which mostly grow near the fertile crescent and Africa, for instance. So if it were a book about spagyrics, and I were writing it, I would try my best to keep from that topic altogether, or at the most compile a sort of index that is brief and to the point, such as what the planetary qualities mean when it comes to different plants.

I think I'm seeing your points EM. Perhaps a collection of compiled treaties from various spagyrical workers laying out the process in plain English of how they confect their medicines in a more plain English fashion, and maybe some pictures or illustrations of how the work should proceed. You seem to have yours nailed down, while mine is an ever evolving process. My jelly balls would be a nice curiosity, I think, for seekers just beginning their path, but we both know that they are hardly "finished."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon's Tail View Post
    But on a botanical discussion of plants, you run into problems. There are simply too many species, and the species where EM lives are totally different from where I live vs Europe or Africa. I have never in my life seen a baobab tree, which mostly grow near the fertile crescent and Africa, for instance.
    Well spagyric works with Principles, not with specific species of plants. Salt, Sulphur, Mercury. All plants have them. They also all have Acids, Alkalis and Alcohols which interact in general but distinct ways.

And these days, it's easy to find the most common medicinal plants.
    Last edited by Kiorionis; 11-19-2017 at 06:08 PM.

Blog Entries
    I love it! We're making progress already.

I agree Kiorionis; a brilliant overview of needed topics.

You sound like you've done this before?

And yes it will be founded upon principals. Its not neccesary to go in depth into all species, just the general make up with maybe the tidbit of specifics.

Rosemary im pretty sure is found everywhere, at least if a good quality rosemary elixir was available more publically, then the issue of 200,000,000 shitty flu vaccines getting charged to the tax payer wouldnt be an issue...

Yes your jelly balls are interesting.
    The process involving virgins milk i find very interesting and dont know shit about.
    You have the general spagyric process outlines by Bartlett and others, aka, essential oil, alcohol amd alkalis.
    You have my process which im pretty sure is beginning to border on the lines of alchemical medicine due to its 'philosophical' preparation. And the list goes on. Which one is the best? Which one is the easiest? Which one is going to help granny make it through the flu session? Which one is going to give me a rock hard erection on demand for hours? These are the important questions that; due to a lack of alchemical enterprise, has never really been sorted out (and then shared)
    There is the "andro" method also, pure ether extraction most likely conjoined with volatile salts or something along these lines, i dont know his exact process but he's given a lot of food for though in regards to herbal extractions thats for sure.

How all these effect the body... big topic... well worth resesrching and i cant wait to do the reading for that one! I love biology!
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Blog Entries
    As soon as im finished this essay (its almost done; sorry Awani)
    ?? Awani is your teacher ?

practical handbook of plant alchemy - Manfred Junius might be worth a read for your project
    Last edited by Kibric; 11-19-2017 at 10:02 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer
    I agree Kiorionis; a brilliant overview of needed topics.

You sound like you've done this before?
    Let's just say a book like this has been on my mind for awhile haha

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibric View Post
    practical handbook of plant alchemy - Manfred Junius might be worth a read for your project
    Nice. I've been reading a few pages for the last couple of nights. He keeps referencing his other books, but I haven't gotten to the good stuff yet. Looking forward to seeing what he leaves out. My general impression is that it isn't missing any pre-cursors that the studious student shouldn't already know.

I know one thing. I'm tired of all this essential oil tripe. Essential oils have never, ever, done anything special for me in my experiments. I believe there are other, better ways to rectify the Sulphur of a plant. I'm almost certain it is not found in the essential oil, or if it is, it's in some fiddling small amount. Is the human soul found in our pheromones and sweat? That's where I think EM's idea about compiling methods is a good one. Different viewpoints and results with various solvents, salt treatments, purifications of the components, and coagulation ideas could prove to be a masterful idea fountain for people beginning experiments and hoping to migrate one day to more philosophical treaties.

I think from reading, this is what he's after. Here's a bunch of different ways to butcher, purify, and recombine plant materials, and here are the results (which you won't get from mixing ess. oil and tartar in some high strength alcohol)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon's Tail View Post
    That's where I think EM's idea about compiling methods is a good one. Different viewpoints and results with various solvents, salt treatments, purifications of the components, and coagulation ideas could prove to be a masterful idea fountain for people beginning experiments and hoping to migrate one day to more philosophical treaties.

I think from reading, this is what he's after. Here's a bunch of different ways to butcher, purify, and recombine plant materials, and here are the results (which you won't get from mixing ess. oil and tartar in some high strength alcohol)
    Correct my friend. Give a man an elixir and he'll live for a day; teach a man to elixir and he will live... for... a lifetime..?

Kiorionis, the title sounds great. I take it then that your interested in slapping your name somewhere in this book..?

Who else is definitly keen??

Kibric, I am currently undergoing a project with Awani and others, and my contribution is about 2 or so months late (give a take a month or two) however, not for much longer. I just had another 4 day daddy daycare mission and my wife is coming home this evening. Most of essay is already done just need to add the appropriate depth but its all been laid out. Its hard to know exactly how far too go without just spoonfeeding the plebs. After all, i was looking for this 'red crystal' medicine for over a decade so im not sure i just want to slap it into a recipe and then publish it internationally for free. I mean, what true alchemists would give away his secrets wothout dicking around his students for years with brutality endless metaphorical gibberish. Its only right I uphold the tradition
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

+ Reply to Thread