Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Decentraland", a minecraft-like world based on blockchain!

Blog Entries

"Decentraland", a minecraft-like world based on blockchain!

Excuse me using the exclamation point in the title but it is an exciting project (at least for me). Imagine a virtual world like minecraft where you can build in 3D anything you like and present it to players from around the world (VR googles supported!). What is more exciting is that it is not supported by a centralized company but from the community, pretty much like the bitcoin currency.

The money required are collected by selling/buying virtual land. If you acquire ownership of a piece of "land", the information is stored in the ethereum blockchain which has the attributes we were talking about in the bitcoin thread (decentralized). Land in this world will acquire value depending on what you build on it. It could be virtual game arenas, teaching classrooms, conference meetings or even virtual cazinos. Imagine an enhanced minecraft world where the structures can retrieve information from the real world through internet. Isn't that amazing.

I already imagine in some corner of this world the virtual alchemy lab.

According to cryptocurrency websites the market capitalization is around $180.000.000. It means that this money has gone into the project by interested users. It will be used to "buy" land and do other transactions into the game.

Now the drawbacks: the project is still at the beginning. I haven't seen any sample of this virtual world yet neither any working editor. This means that it could be a scam as many new ideas in the crypto wolrd are. Well if it doesn't go well I hope someone else will pick it up from where the developpers have left it. For now, just wait.

You can google "decentraland" if interested, there are wiki and youtube pages also.

Blog Entries
    Quite interesting! Thanks for the link!
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Blog Entries
    Yes sounds cool. There are a few of these floating around.

It would be nice if it could be linked to something like this:

Also this (work in progress):

Who needs alchemy if you live in a virtual reality = immortal...

Maybe we are already?

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

+ Reply to Thread