Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: One, Two, Three

One, Two, Three

From one comes two comes a third thing.

This is Alchemy.

Origin, Separation, Conjunction

or

Unity, Duality, Harmony

"An Explanation of the Natural Philosopher’s Tincture of Theophrastus Paraceslus" by Alexander von Suchten, 1550

Having taken the [one] right philosophical matter, you are now to extract from it [two] things contained therein, viz., the Eagle, and then the Body, which, as Everlasting Balsam, contains also the [third] thing, the Spiritual Soul, the Golden Glitter, or true gold seed.

"The Book Concerning The Tincture Of The Philosophers" by Paracelsus, 1600

This spiritual Essence, or One Thing, was revealed from above to Adam, and was greatly desired by the Holy Fathers; this also Hermes and Aristotle call the Truth without Lies, the most sure of all things certain, the Secret of all Secrets. It is sought by many and found by few. In its [first] state, it appears as an impure earthly body, full of imperfections. In its [second] nature, it appears as a watery body, somewhat more beautiful than before, because (although still having its corruptions) its Virtue is greater. But in its [third] nature it appears as an aerial body, of an oily nature, almost freed from all imperfections, in which form it does many wondrous works.

"Twelve Keys" by Basil Valentine, 1618

Our Stone, as it has been bequeathed to me by the Ancients, is derived from [two] things, and [one] thing, in which is concealed a [third] thing. This is the purest truth, and a most faithful saying. For male and female have from of old been regarded as one body, not from any external or visible consideration, but on account of the ardour of that mutual love which naturally draws them together into one; and as the male and female seed jointly represent the principle of propagation, so also the sperm of the matter out of which our Stone is made can be sown and increased. Know that our seed is produced in the following way. A celestial influence descends from above, by the decree and ordinance of God, and mingles with the astral proper ties. When this [one] union has taken place, the [two] bring forth a [third].

"Book Of Alze", 1625

I shall speak not only about our [one] ore, but also about our union or conjunction of water and mercury. These [two], body and spirit, have a [third] thing which represents their common substance.

"Dwellings Of The Philosophers" by Fulcanelli, 1929

The matter, long subjected to the action of the flame, yields its impure scorched parts to it. Thus fire, by its frequent reiterated action on water, forces the latter to better defend its specific qualities by abandoning its superfluities. The water contracts, tightens itself to resist Vulcan’s tyrannical influence; it is nourished by fire which aggregates its pure and homogeneous molecules, and finally it is coagulated into a dense corporeal mass. The [one] body on which we operate, is more earthly than heavenly. It is useful to know that the brief but violent fight fought by the knight only ceases with the death of both champions (hermetically, the eagle and the lion) and their union into a new body whose alchemical signature is the griffin. The combination of the [two] initial matters, one volatile, the other fixed, produces a [third] body, fixed, which marks the first stage of the stone of the philosophers.

One member here seems to clearly understands this Truth...

Quote Originally Posted by Chasm View Post
    Our matter begins as [one]

It is separated into [two] components
    (Many scripts begin here)

The two components give rise to a [third] component
    (A philosophical marriage occurs)

All components recombine and morph into a fixed component
    (This component is the regenerated matter, fertile soil)

The two things are begotten of one thing. The coction of the two yields a third thing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich View Post
    One member here seems to clearly understand this Truth...
    First, let's refer to the text as it was posted, with GW as the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasm View Post
    Our matter begins as GW

It is separated into two components.

The two components give rise to a third component

Some texts begin here.
    Just out of curiosity - did you omit his mention of GW from your quote because it's not part of "the truth"?

Apparently, another, much "older" member, also seems to clearly understand the "truth"

Quote Originally Posted by Trithemius
    I advise you to pay great attention to the boiling of the water; do not let your spirit be troubled about things of less importance.

Make it boil slowly then let it putrefy till it has attained the fitting color, for the Water of Life contains the germ of wisdom.

In boiling, the water will transform itself into earth.

This earth will change into a pure crystalline fluid which will produce a fine red Fire;

And this water and this Fire, reduced to a single Essence, produce the great Panacea composed of sweetness and strength - the Lamb and the Lion united

Actually apparently none of the mentioned people seem to understand it, since this mysterious and elusive "one matter" does NOT EXIST ANYWHERE ALREADY MADE FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE, IT HAS TO BE MADE BY THE ALCHEMIST HIMSELF FROM SEVERAL MATTERS. That's how alchemy actually starts (and therefore the part upon which the most confusion, obscurities, vagueness, enigmas, misleads, etc. have been thrown by many writers), and not by luckily stumbling upon some mysterious and nowhere-to-be-found single substance that can accomplish everything the alchemists describe. Posting the same old and already explained, refuted and/or clarified carefully selected quotations from some texts won't accomplish anything positive. They will still be sending hopeful seekers into blind alleys if such clarifications of what is REALLY MEANT by the misleading label of "one matter" are not made first.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasm
    Our matter begins as GW

It is separated into two components.

The two components give rise to a third component

Some texts begin here.
    And how does this not qualify as a product made from several products?
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post

Apparently, another, much "older" member, also seems to clearly understand the "truth"
    But if you don't know how and out of what that "water" is itself composed, that description will not help you beyond a general description of what happens to it during its "coction". And I invite you and everyone else who still holds some hopeful lingering belief in the "one matter only" gimmick to find any such "water" anywhere in nature, either "crude" or already made. Good luck. You have much higher chances of winning the lottery than finding a place where nature has somehow been able to accomplish the necessary operations on the necessary matters to "concoct" this "water". The odds against that ever happening without man's purposeful & intelligent hand intervening would be ASTRONOMICAL.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiorionis View Post
    And how does this not qualify as a product made from several products?
    It depends on what "GW" is supposed to mean.

Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    It depends on what "GW" is supposed to mean.
    They mean "golden water". In other words, urine. The mysterious "earth" or "salt" they derive from this is mostly saltpeter crystals - which is also their "fire". The "air" is ammonia. Thus they have the four elements all together in "one thing", which they "mine" from the human body.

Sounds great, and on the surface, appears to be a very simplistic view of all the alchemical principles. The only huge thing they overlooked, was one of the first main principles of alchemy, i.e. urine is from the animal kingdom, NOT the mineral kingdom.

They will argue that urine "contains" minerals, but that is a huge joke, since just about everything contains minerals. Irregardless of this, the alchemists were very specific about separating the three kingdoms, and often stressed that urine or other animal and plant sources, did not constitute any part of the Stone.
    Last edited by Illen A. Cluf; 12-12-2017 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    First, let's refer to the text as it was posted, with GW as the subject. Just out of curiosity - did you omit his mention of GW from your quote because it's not part of "the truth"?

I omitted it and the rest of the post because it was not relevant to the topic I was posting. I knew JDP was going to have another near-aneurysm and intense compulsion to go into defense mode as Almighty God And Prince Defender Of The Art, which I accept any time I post, but what I do not want this thread to turn into is a Starting Matter debate as we already have plenty of topics at our disposal for such discussion. The One Matter circlejerk is at least in some way relevant to this thread, so I am willing to entertain JDP's compulsion once again in this thread being that it is in some way relevant to the topic but I would prefer to keep this topic specifically about One, Two, Three instead of arguing the contraire or discussing things we have already discussed.

The guy who wrote "The Confession of Trithemius" was a member here? No he was not, and I'm not sure why you are presenting it this way; this text was written years ago. Feel free to add it to the quote list I posted above. Why are you phrasing it as if this author an "older member" [of this website]?
    Do you have any links to other actual members presenting knowledge of One, Two, Three Truth?

I would love to add to the list if so!

So now people here are arguing about piss. The debate and arguement has just reached a new level.

Quote Originally Posted by Axismundi000 View Post
    So now people here are arguing about piss. The debate and arguement has just reached a new level.
    Who is arguing piss? Someone mentioned "GW", JDP asked what it meant, and I provided an overview of what it meant and why it is even being considered.

The problem is communication. Everyone loves to be cryptic, throw around shortform initials, and use words that mean something totally different to someone else. THAT is the entire root of the many discussions we have here.

Everyone is arguing from their own vocabulary, and nobody's wiling to define the words before they get in a "pissing" contest (pun intended!) with someone else.

I simply tried to define "GW" and why some pursue it, for the purpose of clarity (a rare effort).

And you call that a "debate and argument"? Exactly the opposite - it is an attempt at "clarification" - the RAREST of all terms used in Alchemy - by far.

+ Reply to Thread