Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: One, Two, Three

The components of one, two, three could be seen as matters, as seems to be the intention. But they could also be steps. You seem to be endorsing ONE starting matter forming TWO substances with are then united to give birth to another, but that's not really registering to me. The magestry is then ONE, and if the TWO that created it are used up and spent (the parents die after the birth of the child), then we are left with ONE, rather than THREE.

I didn't capitalize those to yell, only for easy emphasis. Schmuldvich, are you saying that in the final coagulation we are in fact left with THREE substances in this thought experiment? Perhaps that the red king and white queen might be able to copulate a second or third time, and continue giving birth to more children?

Quote Originally Posted by Illen A. Cluf View Post
    They mean "golden water". In other words, urine. The mysterious "earth" or "salt" they derive from this is mostly saltpeter crystals - which is also their "fire". The "air" is ammonia. Thus they have the four elements all together in "one thing", which they "mine" from the human body.

Sounds great, and on the surface, appears to be a very simplistic view of all the alchemical principles. The only huge thing they overlooked, was one of the first main principles of alchemy, i.e. urine is from the animal kingdom, NOT the mineral kingdom.

They will argue that urine "contains" minerals, but that is a huge joke, since just about everything contains minerals. Irregardless of this, the alchemists were very specific about separating the three kingdoms, and often stressed that urine or other animal and plant sources, did not constitute any part of the Stone.
    Urine does not have saltpeter, but I get your point. Urine and its several byproducts are well described in the "chymical" and chemical literature. This goes back to what I pointed out in other threads: countless seekers thought that single organic-derived (i.e. animal and vegetable) substances also qualified as the possible mysterious "one matter only" that the more mischievous kind of alchemists keep babbling about, but when all was said and done, no matter how they manipulated them and whatever byproducts they managed to get from those single (but in reality complex, like most organic substances actually are, as we know very well in our times) organic natural substances, when the end result was cast on molten base metals it never transmuted them into silver or gold. Single organic substances fail to achieve the objective just about as much as single mineral substances. The whole "one matter only" thing is an obvious misleading trap, a dead-end, no matter whether the said "one matter" is mineral, vegetable or animal. It has been floating around for some 2000 years or more, and no one got anywhere with it, regardless of what single natural substance they chose to tinker with. That's simply because nature can't make the real "one matter only" in question. It's an artificial composite made by the alchemist himself out of several starting substances (and THESE nature can provide.) The amount of coincidences that would have to happen for nature to be able to put the right substances together in the right proportions and submit them to the right operations and conditions simply prevents this from practically ever happening on its own. Therefore it is useless to go around seeking it already made for your convenience. The operator himself has to make it. Nature is not going to go out of its way to make it for anyone. As George H.W. Bush would say:

Blog Entries

Mod Post

It has become impossible to build up exchanges involving work with "one matter" (& related) without them being hijacked with variations on the same theme, over and over (and over) again. A few times here and there is OK, but this has become a serial thing, systemically derailing multiple threads.

This will have to stop now, one way or another.

If people wish to discuss their approach and/or their work with 'One Matter" as a foundation, they should be able to do so without constant interruption.

If so inclined, all further dissertations and debates on this matter(!) can be done here from now on: 'One Matter' - Discerning Truth from Deception

---------------------------------------------------------
    This is an administrative post. Please do not reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon's Tail View Post
    You seem to be endorsing ONE starting matter forming TWO substances with are then united to give birth to another, but that's not really registering to me. The magestry is then ONE, and if the TWO that created it are used up and spent (the parents die after the birth of the child), then we are left with ONE, rather than THREE.

I didn't capitalize those to yell, only for easy emphasis. Schmuldvich, are you saying that in the final coagulation we are in fact left with THREE substances in this thought experiment? Perhaps that the red king and white queen might be able to copulate a second or third time, and continue giving birth to more children?
    YES! The first notion is what I am suggesting, although I would not say that the "parents" die but rather they are regenerated into a new form.

From ONE Matter comes TWO substances comes a THIRD thing.

The topic title "One, Two, Three" was used because it is catchy and rolls off the tongue well, not because I was implying that we are left with three substances.

If you would like to get technical or hone in on semantics, indeed it very well could be said that three substances are formed, but not that we are left with three substances...The three substances formed from our One Matter being the Active and Passive substances (two altogether: one fixed, the other volatile) and finally our Regenerated Matter (the third thing).

2 Polarities + 1 Regenerated Matter = 3 Substances derived from One Starting Matter.

As for the last part of your post regarding our King and our Queen I am not qualified to comment on that, so I cannot state my opinion on that right now.

Always a pleasure to read your posts, Dragon's Tail! You always bring something refreshing to the table and spur fantastic discussion!

Andro, why did you phrase your comment as if the author Trithemius was an "older member" of this website? Were you able to find any members from this message board that demonstrate an understanding of "One, Two, Three"?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich View Post
    Andro, why did you phrase your comment as if the author Trithemius was an "older member" of this website?
    Member of the "gang", not of the site

I think his short piece is one of the more elucidating on the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich View Post
    YES!
    From ONE Matter comes TWO substances comes a THIRD thing.

2 Polarities + 1 Regenerated Matter = 3 Substances derived from One Starting Matter.

As for the last part of your post regarding our King and our Queen I am not qualified to comment on that, so I cannot state my opinion on that right now.

Always a pleasure to read your posts, Dragon's Tail! You always bring something refreshing to the table and spur fantastic discussion!
    [/I]
    Opinions always welcome to me. Most of what I write is speculation, and I try to point that out unless I'm posting actual lab results. In the meantime, you've probably seen this before. I've spent a lot of time looking at this image as it encapsulates almost exactly my spagyric work. From The Vessel of Hermes

edit: though I'm certain that dragon is facing the wrong direction, lol.

Blog Entries
    (two altogether: one fixed, the other volatile) and finally our Regenerated Matter (the third thing).
    if i understand you correctly, you discard the dregs once you have drawn the oil from it ?
    and proceed to " turning water to earth is the hardest part "
    using the hyle by itself to " Regenerated Matter (the third thing) "

Quote Originally Posted by Kibric View Post
    if i understand you correctly, you discard the dregs once you have drawn the oil from it ?
    and proceed to " turning water to earth is the hardest part "
    using the hyle by itself to " Regenerated Matter (the third thing) "

We need to keep in mind that nothing is taken away and nothing is added to our Work.

Our Matter is One and the way we progress to our Universal Solvent is a straightforward approach that mimics that of such Adepts as Artephius, Trevisan, and Sendivogius.

It could be said that our Chaos forms itself into a Lion and an Eagle that then turn into a Griffin.

Or simply put..

Our one Matter separates into two Polarities. These two Polarities conjoin to form a Third.

Blog Entries
    We need to keep in mind that nothing is taken away and nothing is added to our Work.
    My experience on one, two , three

the earth sweats its own clear water, which rains back down upon it
    the earth then soaks its own clear water up

at the same time
    the clear water and earth mingle
    heat causes the fixing earth to slowly secrete an Oil (liquid crystal) contained within the earth, into its own clear water
    tinging the clear water (golden) and making it heavier

From the which Raymond commands an oil to be drawn; from the lead of the philosophers, saith he, let there be an oil drawn of a golden colour
    the Oil (liquid crystal) is drawn out from the earth into the clear water
    a reverse capillary reaction
    if you can separate this oil from its phlegm, which is its waterishness,
    http://www.levity.com/alchemy/ripfivepreps.html
    Then it must be purged of its watery and earthy nature (for at first it appears an earthy, heavy, thick, slimy,
    and misty body), and all that is thick, nebulous, opaque, and dark in
    it must be removed, that thus, by a final sublimation, the heart and inner soul contained in it may be separated and reduced to a Precious essence.
    http://www.levity.com/alchemy/sophic2.html
    we can choose to throw away the earth we started with (its watery and earthy nature)
    if the clear water has become thoroughly mixed/conjoined with the Oil (liquid crystal) that the earth secreted
    its own Liquid crystal we need to compact in order to regenerate a new body/earth
    " Turning water to earth "
    we dont restore the 1st body/earth that we drew the Oil from, we regenerate a new body/earth from scratch using the Oil
    compacting the Oil (liquid crystal) with pressure so it becomes a "salt "

This "salt " when melted becomes
    It is named the water of life, the purest and most blessed water,
    yet not the water of the clouds, or of any common spring but a thick, permanent, salt, and (in a certain sense)
    dry water, which wets not the hand, a slimy water which springs out of the fatness of the earth.
    Last edited by Kibric; 12-14-2017 at 03:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibric View Post
    My experience on one, two , three

the earth sweats its own clear water, which rains back down upon it
    the earth then soaks its own clear water up

at the same time
    the clear water and earth mingle
    heat causes the fixing earth to slowly secrete an Oil (liquid crystal) contained within the earth, into its own clear water
    tinging the clear water (golden) and making it heavier
    From the which Raymond commands an oil to be drawn; from the lead of the philosophers, saith he, let there be an oil drawn of a golden colour
    the Oil (liquid crystal) is drawn out from the earth into the clear water
    a reverse capillary reaction
    if you can separate this oil from its phlegm, which is its waterishness
    http://www.levity.com/alchemy/ripfivepreps.html
    Then it must be purged of its watery and earthy nature (for at first it appears an earthy, heavy, thick, slimy,
    and misty body), and all that is thick, nebulous, opaque, and dark in
    it must be removed, that thus, by a final sublimation, the heart and inner soul contained in it may be separated and reduced to a Precious essence.
    http://www.levity.com/alchemy/sophic2.html
    we can choose to throw away the earth we started with (its watery and earthy nature)
    if the clear water has become thoroughly mixed/conjoined with the Oil (liquid crystal) that the earth secreted
    its own Liquid crystal we need to compact in order to regenerate a new body/earth
    " Turning water to earth "
    we dont restore the 1st body/earth that we drew the Oil from, we regenerate a new body/earth from scratch using the Oil
    compacting the Oil (liquid crystal) with pressure so it becomes a "salt "

This "salt " when melted becomes
    It is named the water of life, the purest and most blessed water,
    yet not the water of the clouds, or of any common spring but a thick, permanent, salt, and (in a certain sense)
    dry water, which wets not the hand, a slimy water which springs out of the fatness of the earth.
    Wise words, Kibric!!

I absolutely cannot dispute or refute any of this. It is all in agreement with the Philosophers and proves that you have more Knowledge than most.

Excellent quotes too! Thank you for sharing your experience with "One, Two, Three" and taking the time to post appropriate quotes. This is a most wonderful and highly admirable post.

+ Reply to Thread