Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: One, Two, Three

Quote Originally Posted by Kiorionis View Post
    ...salt and dyes are set on a table. Water is poured out and moves into each. The example goes that it’s not the water which changes the characteristics of the salt and dyes, but the salt and dyes change the characteristics of the water. The example is supposed to show that One thing can become many through mediation and adaption.

YES!

"The New Chemical Light" by Sendivogius, 1674

As the male seed is emitted into the womb of the female, where only so much as is needed is retained while the rest is driven out again, so the magnetic force of our earth-centre attracts to itself as much as is needed of the cognate seminal substance, while that which cannot be used for vital generation is thrust forth in the shape of stones and other rubbish. This is the fountain-head of all things terrestrial. Let us illustrate the matter by supposing a glass of water to be set in the middle of a table, round the margin of which are placed little heaps of salt, and of powders of different colours. If the water be poured out, it will run all over the table in divergent rivulets, and will become salt where it touches the salt, red where it dissolves the red powder, and so on. The water does not change the "places," but the several places differentiate the water. In the same way, the seed which is the product of the four elements is projected in all directions from the earth-centre, and produces different things, according to the quality of the different places. Thus, while the seed of all things is one, it is made to generate a great variety of things, just as the seed of a man might produce a man if projected into the womb of a female of his own species, or a monstrous variety of abortions, if projected into the wombs of different female animals. So long as Nature's seed remains in the centre it can indifferently produce a tree or a metal, a herb or a stone, and in like manner according to the purity of the place, it will produce what is less or more pure.

Blog Entries
    My interpretation and theory is starting to look like a combination of some other views here. I believe that the "One matter" is actually quite a complicated composition created by Art.

And then... after circulation, putrifaction and re-generation we have two substances. I then believe that a "dry" distillation or extraction is performed on the earth to get the Sulfur, terra damnata cast away, we are still left with two; Sulfur and Mercury; these unite back into one.

While i do think that powerful stones can be created from one matter only... i also believe that the most powerful of these stones; that expressed "universal-like" properties, were compounds created from various magnets.

Many people believe that its The Spirit only that is what we need. I believe though that; being physical creatures; we also require well selected physical assistance; and that the purpose of The Spirit, is to enliven and reveal said properties within our matter.

For example. We often use Sodium Chloride in our biology; so a batch of Sodium Chloride that goes through this one, two, one evolution is going to do similar things for the body, but on an enhanced level (very enhanced you would hope).

Hollandus and the Hand of the Philosophers are my referencing viewpoints; along with the enlivened salts work of that Charles guy i recently linked in the SM thread.

In fact this type of work is my new focus for now. Im going back to Alchemy 101 with new eyes.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Last edited by Luxus; 03-13-2018 at 12:29 AM.

Blog Entries
    What is this figure holding Luxus?
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Blog Entries
    The man is the Oil or water, his wings his volatility
    his two heads signify the water is a double substance (contains a salt)
    the big circle in his left hand is the circle of nature
    the object in his right hand is an egg ?

The much more elaborate original version of those drawings in Splendor Solis can be found in a couple of surviving 16th century manuscripts. The figure in question would be this one:

The text that accompanies this picture says (once again) that the Stone is made from several things which are GATHERED TOGETHER (i.e. mixed by the alchemist himself) and become (after the appropriate procedures) united and form "one substance" (in appearance), and that naturally-occurring substances, like eggs, are used as ANALOGIES for this artificial composite of the alchemists:

The Philosophers give to this Art two bodies, namely: Sun
    and Moon, which are Earth and Water, they also call them Man
    and Wife, and they bring forth four children, two boys, which
    are heat and cold, and two girls, as moisture and dryness. These
    are the Four Elements, constituting the QUINTESSENCE, that
    is the proper white MAGNESIA, wherein there is nothing
    false. In conclusion SENIOR remarks: "When these five are
    gathered together, they form ONE substance, whereof is made the
    natural Stone,
    while AVICENA contends that: "if we may get at
    the Fifth, we shall have arrived at the end."

So let us understand this meaning better. The Philosophers
    take for example an Egg, for in this the four elements are joined
    together.
    The first or the shell is Earth, and the White is
    Water, but the skin between the shell and the White is Air, and
    separates the Earth from the Water; the Yolk is Fire, and it
    too is enveloped in a subtle skin, representing our subtle air,
    which is more warm and subtle, as it is nearer to the Fire, and
    separates the Fire from the Water. In the middle of the Yolk
    there is the Firm ELEMENT, out of which the young chicken
    bursts and grows.

Thus we see in an egg all the elements combined with matter
    to form a source of perfect nature, just so as it is necessary in
    this noble art.
    Last edited by JDP; 03-13-2018 at 05:21 AM.

The Image above is called "Hermaphrodite with egg". It is the ninth plate of twenty two. Was there a reason for choosing this particular plate Luxus?

Splendor Solis ("The Splendour of the Sun") is a well-known colorful alchemical text. The earliest version, written in Central German, is dated 1532–1535 and is housed at the Kupferstichkabinett Berlin at State Museums in Berlin. It is illuminated on vellum, with decorative borders like a book of hours, beautifully painted and heightened with gold. The later copies in London, Kassel, Paris and Nuremberg are equally fine. In all twenty copies exist worldwide.

The original of Splendor Solis which contained seven chapters appeared in Augsburg. In miniatures the works of Albrecht Dürer, Hans Holbein and Lucas Cranach were used. The author of the manuscript was considered to be a legendary Salomon Trismosin, allegedly the teacher of Paracelsus. The work itself consists of a sequence of 22 elaborate images, set in ornamental borders and niches. The symbolic process shows the classical alchemical death and rebirth of the king, and incorporates a series of seven flasks, each associated with one of the planets. Within the flasks a process is shown involving the transformation of bird and animal symbols into the Queen and King, the white and the red tincture. Although the style of the Splendor Solis illuminations suggest an earlier date, they are quite clearly of the 16th century.
    Source:

1. The Arms of the art
    2. Philosopher with flask
    3. The Knight on the double fountain
    4. Solar King and Lunar Queen meet

The Seven Parables:
    5. Miners excavating hill
    6. Philosophers beside tree
    7. Drowning King
    8. Resurrection out of the swamp
    9. Hermaphrodite with egg
    10. Severing the head of the King
    11. Boiling the body in the vessel

The Seven Flasks:
    12. Saturn - Dragon and child
    13. Jupiter - Three birds
    14. Mars - Triple-headed bird
    15. Sun - Triple-headed dragon
    16. Venus - Peacock's Tail
    17. Mercury - The White Queen
    18. Moon - The Red King

19. The dark sun

20. Children at play
    21. Women washing clothes
    22. Sun rising over the city

Ghislain
    Last edited by Ghislain; 03-13-2018 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    What is this figure holding Luxus?
    In his right hand he holds the starting matter of the Alchemists. In his left hand he holds an egg. He is contemplating the similarity of the various components which make up the starting matter with the various components which composes an egg.

There is an excellent study about the art in the splendor solis:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/342...40_FMwebp_QL65

Unfortunately german only and not available anymore. Lots of libraries have it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Florius Frammel View Post
    There is an excellent study about the art in the splendor solis:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/342...40_FMwebp_QL65

Unfortunately german only and not available anymore. Lots of libraries have it though.
    I think this is the one you were talking about FF.

Splendor Solis Manuscript

I'd like to see a translated copy.

Ghislain

+ Reply to Thread