Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ... 30 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast

Thread: 'One Matter' - Empiricism & Alchemy - Discerning Truth from Deception

Blog Entries
    Boded texts and passages he interprets relevant to the thread is not hijacking.
    He hasn't not gone on a tirade about how one matter is needed and nothing else, where as the only contributions you have made to the thread
    is pointing out yet again your many substances approach and flaws in quotes.

Its not double standards, i dont give a fuck what side of the fence anyone is on or agendas.
    I just want to read a goddamn thread without a fucking rant about using many matters in the work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibric View Post
    Boded texts and passages he interprets relevant to the thread is not hijacking.
    He hasn't not gone on a tirade about how one matter is needed and nothing else, where as the only contributions you have made to the thread
    is pointing out yet again your many substances approach and flaws in quotes.

Its not double standards, i dont give a fuck what side of the fence anyone is on.
    I just want to read a goddamn thread without a fucking rant about using many matters in the work.
    It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what the bold passages are about, viz. a "secret hidden matter" (singular), and what his intention obviously is: that it is literally one matter, to which nothing is supposedly added. He wrote it very clearly, in black & white, and that was not even a quote from the text in question, but his interpretation. My posts are directly addressed to the main point he is plainly referring to: the texts he selectively quoted then proceed to actually describe a bunch of operations with a bunch of different substances. If you hate these discussions so much, then don't read them, or if you have to complain, then at least direct your complaints at the first person to do the "hijacking", not the one who is responding to it.

Mod Note: Continued from HERE.

Here you go

"The Book Of The Revelations Of Hermes Concerning The Supreme Secret Of The World" by Paracelsus

"It is sought by many and found by few.
    It is beheld from afar and found near; for it exists in every thing, in every place, and at all times.
    It has the powers of all creatures; its action is found in all elements, and the qualities of all things are therein, even in the highest perfection.
    By virtue of this essence did Adam and the Patriarchs preserve their health and live to an extreme age, some of them also flourishing in great riches.
    When the philosophers had discovered it, with great diligence and labour, they straightway concealed it under a strange tongue, and in parables, lest the same should become known to the unworthy, and the pearls be cast before swine.
    For if everyone knew it, all work and industry would cease; man would desire nothing but this one thing, people would live wickedly, and the world be ruined."
    "Chemical Moonshine" by Fleischer

"Four Elements: Fire, Air, Water, Earth --- from God.
    Three Beginnings: Sulphur, Salt, Mercury --- from Nature.
    Two Seeds: Masculine, Feminine --- from the Metals.
    One Fruit: Tincture --- through Art.
    Who understands this table correctly Sees how one goes from out of the other.
    First everything dwells in a 4-fold state The elements everywhere.
    Out of this the 3 Beginnings spring.
    Which bring forth two Sexes. Masculine, feminine from Sun and Moon.
    Out of which grows the Wise Son: Who is like nothing else in the world.
    He surpasses all Kingdoms."

"Beware of all Particulars, for Nothing Particular is Universal: It is forever certain, he, who is a possessor of the true Art, does not need to take pains about money for himself, for as he only takes our putrefied Electrum Minerale Immaturum, extracts its salt (it goes quite naturally) lays pure or unfixed metal therein, pours on so much of our milk, that its salt therein can again dissolve itself, so will he see, that water and salt, not only ennoble and increase gold and silver, but also the vulgar mercury or Saturn, if you put this to it, is ennobled in the same way, that you will wonder at it."

"God gives you the gift to find the Single One, seek the single vessel, oven and Fire, and let all other things alone.
    It costs nothing from the beginning to end, except your necessary maintenance, as nourishment and clothing.
    If you will understand the matter correctly, so also it will cost you little.
    Therefore I believe, that certainly God is everything in everything, and over everything; that if someone would make known to you, that there are great expenses here and there, that same one is a capital liar and fraud. For the Matter costs absolutely nothing."

"To strive after the Matter, which will give me the beautiful Argentum Viva, by means of thine effective division; such would I do, in a well-sealed clean vessel, and put under an oven, which has been surrounded by A Wall: Then thou Nature will know to do the Work further, as it ought: I give honest thanks therefore to Thee, fo all Arts, that thou hast given me, and to make thine Inheritance such a high good.
    I will follow thy Teachings, that I may acquire this Noble Tincture from the Elements, by means of divine assistance, and thy Help."

"Forsake all Sophistic Processes, let be their various ovens and vessels; let go their horse-dung, their wood and Coal Fire, such is totally unnecessary; let stand the Metals and others, rather transmute the Elements into an unchangeable form, which is of the magnificent Philosophical Matter, which the ignorant throw away; it is like the substance of Gold, but unlike the Essence: Invert the Elements, so you will find what you seek: I think that you should Sublimate the fixed, and fix the Sublimate.
    So take now Argentum Vivum, which is mixed with its living Sulphur, do everything in a single well-sealed vessel, in a single oven, which is filled to the 3rd part, set it over the Fire of the Philosophers, beware, that it does not become smoky.
    Do it thus, and trust me, forsake for that reason My Son all other Species, and take not the Matter, from which the Minerals begin, more I will not say to you, but I swear to you truthfully, that you must follow me and Nature."

"My Son, I would tell you yet a true word, namely that the whole Work is made by a single, ordinary, common, united with itself Matter, in a single well-sealed vessel, and a single oven; it has everything in it, which is necessary for perfection, and is finished by a single Regimen of the Fire.
    Who now knows the correct Matter, prepares the same also in a well-sealed vessel, and puts everything properly into its Oven, that one need no longer delay the Work."

"These are the corporeal Matter, which is evident to us as Fire and Water: These same corporeal Elements are nothing else, but an assistance to the essence of the Elements, by which they may be brought naturally to their highest Degree: For they have called the elemental Fire our Sun, and the Liquid our moon, wherewith the Alchemists and Sophists may deceive, because they never think about the truth of the Matter, but always suppose it must be drawn out of the bodies: But the Sages have therefore named it Corpora, because our Water, evident, palpable, and tangible, and the Elemental Water and Fire is spiritual and invisible.
    They teach and show the true Materiam and Substance, but on the contrary there is not more than one true Subject and a single Method of Procedure."

"It is only a stone, namely our Philosophical Solar Water, our one true way, a medicine which adds nothing externally, but nonetheless something is accomplished thereby, for this one removes the superfluities in the preparation; for if something external were to be effected, the work would be immediately disturbed, and nothing that is sought would be obtained therefrom."

"You should trouble yourselves neither with the putting together of many things, nor with those things which the Philosophers have set in their books; for the secret of the truth is a single nature, and that has hidden it in its belly, invisibly, and is known only by the sages."
    "The Secret Book Of Artephius"

"It sufficeth thee then to put the bodies in the vessel, and into the water once and for all, and to close the vessel well, until a true separation is made.
    This the obscure artist calls conjunction, sublimation, assation, extraction, putrefaction, ligation, desponsation, subtilization, generation, etc.
    Now the whole magistery may be perfected, work, as in the generation of man, and of every vegetable; put the seed once into the womb, and shut it up well.
    Thus you may see that you need not many things, and that this our work requires no great charges, for that there is but one stone, there is but one medicine, one vessel, one order of working, and one successive disposition to the white and to the red.
    And although we say in many places, take this, and take that, yet we understand, that it behoves us to take but one thing, and put it once into the vessel, until the work be perfected.
    But these things are so set down by obscure philosophers to deceive the unwary, as we have before spoken; for is not this "ars cabalistica" or a secret and a hidden art?
    Is it not an art full of secrets?
    And believest thou O fool that we plainly teach this secret of secrets, taking our words according to their literal signification?
    Truly, I tell thee, that as for myself, I am no ways self seeking, or envious as others are; but he that takes the words of the other philosophers according to their common signification, he even already, having lost Ariadne's clue of thread, wanders in the midst of the labyrinth, multiplies errors, and casts away his money for naught."
    "Adventures Of An Unknown Philosopher" by Belinus

"Now this one only Matter though it be common is not known by everyone, everyone carries it with them, and only one of a hundred thousand shall know it: you cannot take a step without finding it in your way, for it is without you as well as within you, and yet the number is very small of those who know it: a million seek it and not one finds it."
    "The Fount Of Chemical Truth" by Philalethes

"There is only one thing in the whole world from which our Mercury can be obtained.
    It is like gold in essence, but different in substance, and if you change its elements you will have what you seek."
    "The Book Of Morienus"

"What more can I tell you? For this matter comes from you, who are yourself its source, where it is found and whence it is taken, and when you see this, your zeal for it will increase.
    Consider this, and you will find that it is true."

"Now in answer to your question as to whether this operation has one root or many, know that it has but one, and but one matter and one substance of which and with which alone it is done, nor is anything added to it or subtracted to it.
    As Hermes said, just as all things come of one, so also is the Great Work done with one thing and one substance."

"The wise varied their maxims and compositions only because they wished them to be understood by men of wisdom and prudence, while the ignorant should remain blind to them; clearly it was for this reason that the wise wrote variously in their books of the stages of the operation.
    There is but one stage and one path necessary for its mastery.
    Although all the authorities used different names and maxims, they meant to refer to but one thing, one path and one stage."
    "Compound Of Compounds" by Magnus

"Take then, in the name of Jesus Christ, our venerable Water of the Philosophers, original Hyle of the Sages; it is the stone that one revealed for you in this treatise.
    It is the first matter of the perfect body, as you have determined. Put your matter in a furnace, into a clean vessel, clear transparent and round, whose opening you will hermetically seal, so that nothing can escape.
    Your matter is to be placed on a level bed or surface, slightly hot. You will leave it there for one Philosophical month.
    Maintain the heat evenly, so that the perspiration of the matter will sublime, until it sweats no longer, that nothing rises or descends, That it begins to putrefy, to suffocate, to coagulate and to fix by maintaining the constancy of the fire.
    It will not raise more of the exalted, smoky substance, and our Mercury will remain on the bottom, dry, robbed of its humidity, putrefied, coagulated, changed to a black earth, that one calls Head of the Raven, a dry and earthy element.
    When you have done this, you will have accomplished the genuine sublimation of the Philosophers, during this you will have examined all the aforementioned stages, to wit: sublimation of the Mercury, distillation, coagulation, fixation, in one only vessel and with one only furnace as was stated.
    Indeed when our stone is in its vessel, and it is increase, one says that there is sublimation or ascension.
    When afterwards it again settles to the bottom, one says that there is distillation or precipitation.
    Next, when after the distillation and sublimation, our stone begins to putrefy and to coagulate, it is the putrefaction and the coagulation; finally when it calcines and fixes through the loss of its radical, aqueous humidity. It is the calcinations and fixation; all this is done through the single act of heating, in a single furnace, in a single vessel, as was said."
    "Coelum Philosophorum" by Paracelsus

"Moreover, in this Art nothing is more true than this, though it be little known and gains small confidence.
    All the fault and cause of difficulty in Alchemy, whereby very many persons are reduced to poverty, and others labour in vain, is wholly and solely lack of skill in the operator, and the defect or excess of materials, whether in quantity or quality, whence it ensues that, in the course of operation, things are wasted or reduced to nothing.
    If the true process shall have been found, the substance itself while transmuting approaches daily more and more towards perfection. The straight road is easy, but it is found by very few."

"Any one can at pleasure learn this Art in Alchemy, since it is so simple and easy; and by it, in a short time, he could make any quantity of silver and gold.
    It is tedious to read long descriptions, and everybody wishes to be advised in straightforward words.
    Do this, then; proceed as follows, and you will have Sol and Luna, by help whereof you will turn out a very rich man. Wait awhile, I beg, while this process is described to you in few words, and keep these words well digested, so that out of Saturn, Mercury, and Jupiter you may make Sol and Luna.
    There is not, nor ever will be, any art so easy to find out and practise, and so effective in itself. The method of making Sol and Luna by Alchemy is so prompt that there is no more need of books, or of elaborate instruction, than there would be if one wished to write about last year's snow."
    "Zoraster's Cave"

"Think not That the Philosophers lye when they say, The whole Magistery is perfected, in one only vessel: when thou hearest them say so, think presently of the Species of the vessel, not of the Individual, and thou hast found the Truth."

"We need but one Vessel, one Furnace, one Disposition; which is to be understood, After the preparation of the first Stone."

"Thou needest but one thing, namely Water, and one operation, to wit Decoction, to White and Red, in one vessell, understand of one kind."

"Although the wise men have varied names and perplext their sayings, yet they allwayes would have us think but of One Thing, one Disposition, one Way, The wise men know this one thing; and, that is one, they have often proved."

"In a multiplicity of things our art is not perfected.
    For it is one stone, one med’cine in which consists the whole magistery: to which we add nothing extraneous, nor take away any thing; but only, on our preparation that, that which is superfluous."

"White and Red proceed from The same Root without any other Kind intervenient.
    For it dissolves, and conjoins It selfe, makes it selfe Black and Citrine, white and red, espouses Itselfe, conceives, brings forth, and does all to the perfect end."
    "A Work Of Saturn" Hollandus

"And know, my Child, for a Truth, that in the whole vegetable work there is no higher nor greater Secret than in Saturn; for we do not find that perfection in Gold which is in Saturn; for internally it is good Gold, herein all Philosophers agree, and it wants nothing else, but that first you remove what is superfluous in it, that is, it's impurity, and make it clean, and then that you turn it's inside outwards, which is it's redness, then will it be good Gold; for Gold cannot be made so easily, as you can of Saturn, for Saturn is easily dissolved and congealed, and it's Mercury may be easily extracted, and this Mercury which is extracted from Saturn, being purified and sublimed, as Mercury is usually sublimed, I tell thee, my Child that the same Mercury is as good as the Mercury which is extracted out of Gold, in all operations; for if Saturn be Gold internally as in truth it is, then must it's Mercury be as good as the Mercury of Gold, therefore I tell you that Saturn is better in our work than Gold; for if you should extract the Mercury out of Gold, it would require a year's space to open the body of Gold, before you can extract the Mercury out of the Gold, and you may extract the Mercury out of Saturn in 14 days, both being alike good."

"Therefore doth the name remain concealed, for the evils' sake which might thence proceed. All the strange Parables which the Philosophers have spoken mystically, of a Stone, a Moon, a Furnace, a Vessel, all this is Saturn; for you must not put any strange thing unto it, only what comes from it, therefore there is none so poor in this world, which cannot operate and promote this work; for Luna may be easily made of Saturn, in a short time, and in a little longer time Sol may be made out of it.
    And though a man be poor, yet may he very well attain unto it, and may be employed to make the Philosopher's Stone.
    Wherefore my Child, all is concealed in Saturn, which we have need of, for in it is a perfect Mercury, in it are all the Colours of the world, which may be discovered in it; in it are the true black, white and red Colours, in it is the weight, Saturn is our Lattin."

"And do you not know, that the Philosophers call their Stone Arsenick, and a white thing; and they say their Sulphur is incombustible; they call it likewise a red thing, all this is Saturn, in it is Arsenick; for Luna is principally generated of a white Sulphur, as is plainly taught in the Book of Sulphur, and all Arsenick is internally red as Blood, if its' inward part be brought outwards, as is demonstrated in the Book of Colours. Saturn stands almost in the degree of fixed Luna.
    So that in it there is a red Sulphur, as you see, when its internal is placed outwards, it will be red as Ruby; there are no Colours but in the Spirits, so that there is in it a red and a yellow Sulphur.
    In it is Mercury, as may be seen, for Mercury is extracted out of Saturn in a short time, and with it little labour.
    So that all three are in Saturn, but they are not fixed therein, but they are clean, pure, incombustible, fluxible as Wax; in it are all things which the Philosophers have mentioned."
    "Hydropyrographum Hermeticum"

"But, my dear Son, observe what now I tell thee, and what information concerning this point the Philosophers left behind them in their Books; viz. that this Water is not to be prepared by any heterogeneous means whatever in the whole World, but only by Nature, with Nature, and out of Nature."
    "Root Of The World" by Bacon

"Therefore our stone is from one thing only, as is aforesaid, and it is performed by one act or work, with decoction: and by one digestion, or operation, which is the changing of it first to black, then to white, thirdly, to red: and by one projection, by which the whole act and work is finished.
    From henceforth, let all pseudo-chemist, and their followers, cease from their vain distillations, sublimations, conjunctions, calcinations, dissolutions, contritions, and other like vanities."

"The vessel for our stone is but one, in which the whole magistery or elixir is performed and perfected; this is a cucurbit, hose bottom is round like an egg, or an urinal, smooth within, that it may ascend and descend the more easily, covered with a limbeck round and smooth every where, and not very high, and whose bottom is round also like an egg.
    Its largeness ought to be such, that the medicine or matter may not fill above a fourth part of it, made of strong durable glass, clear and transparent, that you may see through it, all the colours appertaining to, and appearing in the work; in which the spirit moving continually, cannot pass or fly away.
    Let it also be so closed, that as nothing can go out of it, so nothing can enter into it; as Lucas saith, lute the vessel strongly with lutum sapientiae, that nothing may get in or go out of it.
    For the flowers, or matter subliming, should breathe out, or any strange air or matter enter in, your work will be spoiled and lost.
    And though the philosophers oftentimes say, that the matter is to be put into the vessel, and closed up fast, yet it is sufficient for the operator, once to put the said matter in, once to close it up, and so to keep it even to the very perfection and finishing of the work.
    If these things be often repeated, the work will be spoiled. Therefore saith Rhasis, keep your vessel continually close, encompassed with dew, which demonstrates what kind of heat you are to use, and so well luted that none of the flowers, or that which sublimes, may get out, or vanish in vapour or fume.
    And in Speculum Alchimiae, it is said, let the philosophers’ stone remain shut within the vessel strongly, until such time that it has drunk up the humidity; and let it be nourished with a continual heat till it becomes white."

"The vessel being well and perfectly closed, and never so much as once opened till the perfection or end of the work; so that you see the vessel is to be kept close, that the spirit may not get out and vanish.
    Therefore saith Rhasis, keep thy vessel and its junctures close and firm, for the conservation of the spirit. And another saith, close they vessel well, and as you are not to cease from the work, or let it cool, so neither are you to make too much haste, neither by too great a heat, nor too soon opening of it.
    You must take special care that the humidity, which is the spirit, gets not out of the vessel; for then you will have nothing but a dead body remaining, and the work will come to nothing."
    "The Light Coming Out Of The Darkness By Its Own" by Santinelli

"But instead of considering that one only compound is sufficient for the philosopher, you enjoy yourself, stupid chemists, to put several products together, and instead of the philosopher, who boils, with a gentle and solar heat, in a single vessel, a single vapour which thickens slowly, you put one thousand different ingredients together, and instead of God, who made all things from nothing, you debase everything to nothing.
    Because our science encloses the whole Magistery in one root, which I made you know already, and perhaps more than I had to.
    This root contains two substances, which have only one essence however, and these substances, which are intitially only Gold and Silver in power, become eventually Gold and Silver in act, provided we can well equalise their weights.
    Yes, these substances make actual Gold and Silver, and through the equality of their weights, the volatile is fixed in Golden sulphur.
    O luminous Sulphur! O real animated Gold!
    I adore in you all marvels and all virtues of the Sun.
    Because your sulphur is a treasure, and the real foundation of the art, which ripens in elixir what nature only brings to the perfection of the Gold."
    "Chymical Treatise" by Arnold de Villa Nova

"The mercury is also called a naturall root of a high Tree out of which innumerable branches grow, and it’s call’d the knowne stone of the philosophers, and in the Bookes of the Philosophers the first operation.
    To the perfection of the aforementioned Stone or Elixir belongs a Sublimation or exaltation which must bee brought to purity.
    And this I shall hereafter without the least covering make manifest.
    But you must note that this sublimation is nothing lesse than a purification, for hereby all remaining drosse that was in the Mercury is purged away, thus this sublimation the inconstant particle are lifted up from the constant, for the inconstant ascend and the constant remaine below at the bottom, yet in the operation the unconstant become in part constant and it’s particularly to bee noted.
    Hee that rightly sublimates our Mercury, hee hath perfected the whole art, For master Geber saith, The whole perfection is in the sublimation in the vessel, and in the ordering of the fire, for in the already mentioned sublimation are comprehended all other particulars, which belong to our art and labour, as sublimating, dissolving, ascending, descending, cooling, mollifying, purifying, and perpetuating, washing and colouring on red and white.
    All is done in a vessel in order in an oven, whereof the masters of nature have written much that the art was not to bee perfected constantly, on purpose, that the unwise might reach to it, but to the just and godly it becomes profitable both here and hereafter.
    Now make it thus. Take in the name of God the aforementioned Mercury or the naturall Water, the first matter of the Sages, take of it as much as you will, and putt it into its vessel which must be pure, cleare, and cleane, and Seale it well above with the Sigills Hermetis, that the Mercury may not come out above, and sett it in its prepared place, that it may have a moderate heate."

"Our art is also compared to man making.
    The first is the deprivation of its chastity, the second is the conception, the third is the being with childe, the fourth is the birth it selfe, and the fifth is the bringing up of the child borne; understand also these words, our Son that comes from the privation of chastity is Mercury, for he is drawn out of a perfect body so there remaines an earth the mother of 4 elements, and when the earth begins to take somewhat in of Mercury, it’s call’d unchastity, but when the man lyes with the wife it’s called conception, which without the Mercury is wrought in the earth; this is what the Philosophers say, our Art is nothing else but that the man lyes with his wife, and that they mingle one with the other, so that the Water governes and has the Mastery, and that the Mercury bee more than the Earth, and so earth increases and augments; but when the earth becomes a wife she is with Child, after that the ferment is added to the imperfect prepared body as is said before, so long till it becomes something in colour and in sight and that’s called the birth; so then our Stone is born, for the Philosophers call him King and say this, honour your King who comes from the fire crowned with a double crown, bow the knees before him when he comes to his perfect alter, for the sun is his father and the Moone his Mother, the perfect body is Luna, the perfect body is gold; at last followes the nourishment whereby he is nourisht with a great nourishment, he is nourisht with his owne Milk, with the Seed in the beginning he is fed, to wit with Mercury, till he hath drunk enough of the Mercury.
    Beloved sonns by these things which are told you, You may easily perceive the darke and hidden worke of the Philosophers and by that you may know that they all runne one way and upon one straine."
    "On The Philospher's Stone"

"Let it be observed, then, that all who have written on the art, from undoubted principles, assert that the genuine process is not expensive; time and fuel, with manual labour, being all allowed for. Besides, the matter to be wrought upon is easy to procure by the consent of all."

"By the omnipotent God, and on the salvation of my soul, I here declare to you earnest seekers, in pity to your earnest searching, the whole Philosophical Work, which is only taken from one subject and perfected in one thing."

"The mercury, which is the metallic seed, is attainable from all, and is easier to be extracted from lead, which is confirmed by the true adepts, advising us to seek for the noble child where it lies in a despised form, shut up under the seal of Saturn."

"The matter being thus prepared, its central fire will be awakened, if it is treated properly, according to the process for extracting quicksilver from its ores, by keeping it in a close heat, which is continued without admission of the crude air, till the radical moisture is elevated in the form of a vapor, and again condensed into a metallic water, analogous to quicksilver.
    This is the true mercury of the Philosophers, and fit for all their operations in the Hermetic Art."

"The whole substance resembles molten pitch, or the aforesaid bituminous substance, bubbling less and less, resting in one entire black substance at the bottom of your glass.
    This is called the blackness of black, the head of the crow, etc., and is esteemed a desirable stage in our philosophical generation, being the perfect putrefaction of our seed, which will ere long show its vital principle by a glorious manifestation of Seminal Virtue.
    When the putrefaction of our seed has been thus completed, the fire may be increased till glorious colors appear, which the Sons of Art have called Cauda Pavonis, or the Peacock's Tail.
    These colors come and go, as heat is administered approaching to the third degree, till all is of a beautiful green, and as it ripens assumes a perfect whiteness, which is the White Tincture, transmuting the inferior metals into silver, and very powerful as a medicine.
    But as the artist well knows it is capable of a higher concoction, he goes on increasing his fire till it assumes a yellow, then an orange or citron color; and then boldly gives a heat of the fourth degree, till it acquires a redness like blood taken from a sound person, which is a manifest sign of its thorough concoction and fitness for the uses intended.
    Having thus completed the operation, let the vessel cool, and on opening it you will perceive your matter to be fixed into a ponderous mass, thoroughly of a scarlet color, which is easily reducible to powder by scraping, or otherwise, and in being heated in the fire flows like wax, without smoking, flaming, or loss of substance, returning when cold to its former fixity, heavier than gold, bulk for bulk, yet easy to be dissolved in any liquid, in which a few grains being taken its operation most wonderfully pervades the human body, to the extirpation of all disorders, prolonging life by its use to its utmost period; and hence it has obtained the appellation of "Panacea," or a Universal Remedy.
    Therefore, be thankful to the Most High for the possession of such an inestimable jewel, and account the possession of it not as the result of your own ingenuity, but a gift bestowed, of God's mere bounty, for the relief of human infirmities, in which your neighbor ought to share jointly with you, without any grudging or sinister views, according to the charge delivered to the Apostles: Freely have you received, freely communicate, remembering at the same time not to cast your pearls before swine; in a word, to withhold the manifestations of Nature you are enabled to exhibit, by the possession of our Stone, from the vicious and unworthy."

"The whole philosophical work, both in vegetables and minerals, is only a mortifying of the subject, and reviving it again to a more excellent life."
    "Certain Chemical Works" by Nowell

"Sure sealed up therein concoct thy Gold.
    For our one thing that is to wit our Stone And by one way which is decoction
    And in one Vessel do we putrify, Dissolve, Congeal, and Seeth continually.
    First grows he Black in dissolution Until the end of Putrifaction.
    That as the moisture doth congeal and dry Gay Orient Colours therein thou shalt espye
    And afterwards true Whiteness shall appear Like Fishes Eyes or Diamonds shining clear
    Thus White at last when water yields to air Which yields to fire then red it doth appear.
    And often yellow red changing hue And oft it melt, congeals before Whiteness true
    It doth dissolve, colour and putrify Killing itself reviving joyfully
    After his Whiteness do increase the fire Keep safe the Ashes which thou dost desire
    Which God shall give thee molten crowned to red Which King, Philosophers have honoured."

"Elixir doth itself coagulate Formed like an Egg but that his shell is tender
    From it take nought nor add to his estate Break not the shell for loss of spirits tender
    But nourish it with heat till at the last Extracted Colours all be gone and past.
    The Poets hid this Art in fables dark."

"In Waters wild shall close be set to working
    If this my verse be dark unto thy sight
    And then in scenes it nothing the delight
    Then in good truth set all thy works apart
    And trouble not thyself with this our Art
    For if thou be bit of a pregnant wit
    Thy humour right for that they plainly show
    The Mine where Gold and Silver both do grow
    And eke the way to work and bring to pass
    As Nature in the mine, so in the Glass;
    With Equal heat continuing to the end
    Thy Precious Stone with little charge to spend
    Much may be said but briefly to conclude
    They have much writ but only to delude."
    "Philosophia Maturata" by St. Dunstan

"Wherefore it appeareth manifestly, that seeing Sol and Luna, are nothing else but Earth, Red and White, wherein a most pure Mercury is fixed and joined by the least parts, that Philosophers (having the same elements) may artificially imitate Nature in her Composition under the Earth, to produce the same effect: for it is certain, that earth may be fermented to Water, so as it be fixed; and water fermented to Earth, if it be perfect and cleansed; and this without the help of any common Sol or Luna: And therefore Philosophers in their Writings have taught, that the Stone is equally common to the Poor and Rich."

"It is chiefly to be understood, That the Ancient Philosophers did often endeavor to compose in a most short time above the Earth, those things, which by Nature, in many years, were perfected under the Earth; viz. To make most perfect and most precious Sol and Luna; wherein they imitated the foresteps of Nature, choosing to themselves most pure Earths; white and Red, which they named their Sol and Luna; joining them together as Nature doth, without repugnance, until at length they were brought to a fixation and subtility: This thing also is needful for you to perform, if you desire to obtain the desired end in this Science.
    For Sol and Luna, is nothing else, but Red and White Earth, to which Nature hath joined Argent VIve, pure, subtile, white, and Red, and so of them hath produced Sol and Luna."

"It is to be noted, That the more ancient Philosophers used not common Sol and Luna in this Work, and therefore they said, That their work needed not great Cost and Charges, but that it might be as well performed by the poor, as the Rich."

"Whosoever therefore keeps not this our heat, our fire, our balneum, our invisible and most temperate flame, and of one regimen, and continually burning in one quality and measure within our Glass; I say, whosoever understands not this Dunghill, horsebelly, and moist fire, shall labour in vain, and shall never attain this Science."

"Whereby, without doubt, is inferred, that mineral Earth and Water are the Active and Passive matter, as the Philosophers’ Stone.
    And here hence appears that community between the Poor and Rich, seeing that the Stone may be made of one thing, without visible Sol and Luna. But here by the way, I advertise thee, that betwixt the Elixir and the Stone there is this difference; for the Stone rejoiceth in unity and simplicity, but the Elixir in plurality."
    "The Glory Of The World"

"By the words which follow: "That which is above is also that which is below," he describes the Matter of our Art, which, though one, is divided into two things, the volatile water which rises upward, and the earth which lies at the bottom, and becomes fixed.
    But when the reunion takes place, the body becomes spirit, and the spirit becomes body, the earth is changed into water and becomes volatile, the water is transmuted into body, and becomes fixed.
    When bodies become spirits, and spirits bodies, your work is finished, for then that which rises upward and that which descends downward become one body.
    Therefore the Sage says that that which is above is that which is below, meaning that, after having been separated into two substances (from being one substance), they are again joined together into one substance, i.e., an union which can never be dissolved, and possesses such virtue and efficacy that it can do in one moment what the Sun cannot accomplish in a thousand years.
    And this miracle is wrought by a thing which is despised and rejected by the multitude."

"The Sage tells us that all things were created, and are still generated, from one first substance and consist of the same elementary material; and in this first substance God has appointed the four elements, which represent a common material into which it might perhaps be possible to resolve all things.
    Its development is brought about by the distillation of the Sun and Moon."

"You have good cause to wonder at the great variety of ways in which the Sages have expressed the same thing.
    Nevertheless, their descriptions apply only to one Matter, and their sayings refer only to a single substance."
    Last edited by Andro; 07-01-2018 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Thread topic management.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich View Post
    Here you go
    Hi Schmuldvich, I think you might have accidentally posted in the wrong thread.

This thread is about the "Common Worth, Value & Availability of the Prima Materia", but yet a number of your above carefully selected and some even totally misrepresented/misunderstood quotations have nothing to do with that.

It seems you meant to post in "One, Two, Three" instead of this thread about how common and cheap the so-called matter supposedly is.
    Last edited by JDP; 06-28-2018 at 02:30 AM.

What was that? No one complaining and whining about supposed "hijackings" of the thread? No one closing and then "cleaning" the thread (read: arbitrarily purging it of the posts he does not like, even though they were in fact "on topic", since you-know-who MADE IT the topic of the thread with his carefully selected and out of context quotations from the text in question) and moving the out of topic post to a segregated thread? No, I didn't think so! It does not take a "prophet" to predict that nothing would happen. So without further ado, here goes my answer to you-know-who's manipulations and agendas...

Blog Entries
    Are you here just to stir up trouble ?

So without further ado, here goes my answer to you-know-who's manipulations and agendas...
    We all get into heated debates but its an internet forum, no one is denying you your free speech.
    If we end up bickering just like any forum, our posts are moved or deleted, people who are not members and have no voice in the debate
    don't want to read through people ( me included ) getting into a pissing match....? did i say that right

I personally would love to see you start a thread of your own detailing your approach to alchemy, i think you have a lot more to offer than
    one up man's ship.

Are you here just to stir up trouble ?
    No, but you apparently are. This is isn't the first time you do it. Let's see if you manage to get away with it yet again!

We all get into heated debates but its an internet forum, no one is denying you your free speech.
    If we end up bickering just like any forum, our posts are moved or deleted, people who are not members and have no voice in the debate
    don't want to read through people ( me included ) getting into a pissing match....? did i say that right

I personally would love to see you start a thread of your own detailing your approach to alchemy, i think you have a lot more to offer than
    one up man's ship.
    Never mind that: where were you whining and complaining when your pal did it again in this thread? Oh, wait, that's right, you just waited until I replied to his "hijacking" to try to make me look like the "villain" again! We don't suck our thumbs. If you really cared about such things, you would complain when others do it, not until yours truly replies to such posts.

Blog Entries
    Please everyone read Mr.Mulvichs post, a series of quotes.
    No, but you apparently are. This is isn't the first time you do it. Let's see if you manage to get away with it yet again
    Bullshit, your post history is full of petty bullshit bickering
    all you contribute is bickering like this is a playground

Your so triggered by any mention of one matter, that your creating this parionoid delusion of agendas
    on an fricking internet forum.

where were you whining and complaining when your pal did it again in this thread? Oh, wait, that's right, you just waited until I replied to his "hijacking" to try to make me look like the "villain" again!
    I didnt tell Muldvich he was hijacking this thread because unlike you he didn't go on and on and on about what he thinks.
    fucking sad that you actually think there is a villain here, like its a soap opera

What was that? No one complaining and whining about supposed "hijackings" of the thread? No one closing and then "cleaning" the thread (read: arbitrarily purging it of the posts he does not like, even though they were in fact "on topic", since you-know-who MADE IT the topic of the thread with his carefully selected and out of context quotations from the text in question) and moving the out of topic post to a segregated thread? No, I didn't think so! It does not take a "prophet" to predict that nothing would happen. So without further ado, here goes my answer to you-know-who's manipulations and agendas...
    This entire post is very petty and sad. I doesn't take a prophet to see that you are losing it....

Blog Entries

Mod Post

What it comes down to is:

(addition in bold is mine)

people who are not members and have no voice in the debate don't want to read through people ( me included ) getting into a pissing match
    I don't give a fuck what side of the fence anyone is on or agendas.
    I just want to read a goddamn thread without a fucking rant about using one or many matters in the work.
    So both Schmulvich and JDP, there is a dedicated thread where the "one matter vs multiple matters" debate belongs. Mr. Schmuldvich, if you're going to post quotes, please make sure they're relevant to the topic. A rant is a rant, regardless if it's "original" or made up of quotations

JDP, I've read the posted quotes and you are correct, Mr. Schmuldvitch appears to be placing a "one matter only" emphasis in some of his quotes on this thread, instead on focusing on what EM made this thread about. If you notice this happen, please contact someone on the forum team and the thread will be cleaned up and/or additional steps may be taken.

So please, everyone, as much as possible, let's not clutter the threads with off-topic personal conflicts and agendas. Threads have their own flow and often go on many interesting and/or funny tangents, but sometimes it becomes a systemic/chronic issue, such as this "one matter vs multiple matters" thing - and then we have a problem.

There's only three of us on the forum team, and we don't always have the time to go through every single post, especially if the "problem" is embedded into long and winding quotations.

Later today or tomorrow, one of us will clean this thread of all the off-topic posts, quotes and rants.

So let us please keep our cool and insert our personal "agendas" where they belong

Thanks!

Please everyone read Mr.Mulvichs post, a series of quotes.

Bullshit, your post history is full of petty bullshit bickering
    all you contribute is bickering like this is a playground

Your so triggered by any mention of one matter, that your creating this parionoid delusion of agendas
    on an fricking internet forum.

I didnt tell Muldvich he was hijacking this thread because unlike you he didn't go on and on and on about what he thinks.
    fucking sad that you actually think there is a villain here, like its a soap opera
    Read his quotations, indeed. A number have NOTHING to do with the topic of the thread and are just there to keep on "hijacking" the thread to the "one matter" topic he likes so much. So stop trying to make dumb excuses for him and own up to what you plainly do around here: try to stir shit up against yours truly whenever I answer to such posts. Everything else is baloney excuses. We can plainly see you have done this before and are still doing it.

And in the "Hand" thread he did in fact keep on explaining what his interpretations of the texts he was quoting were. Again, I did not see you bitching & whining there, only when I explained that the texts in question keep on contradicting themselves by describing operations on actually several substances, not "one". If there's anyone with a knee-jerk reaction regarding this topic, it seems to be you. But of course, only when I get involved in it.

+ Reply to Thread