Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: The Black Pepper Tincture Thread, Free Medicine :)

Blog Entries
    Well I've certainly learnt alot about pepper. This piperine is really quite amazing (our little yellow pepper precipitate for those who have just joined us) in that it basically 'occupies' the liver, allowing other "drugs?" to reach higher levels within the blood. Basically; by using piperine we get more effect out of some of our other medications.

As an example, curcumin (found in tumeric). The liver effectively eliminates curcumin very quickly out of your blood, however, using in unison with piperine, reaches MUCH higher levels than it would otherwise.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Blog Entries
    Also FAT does something good with the curcumin too. Forgot what it was now but a nice pepper, fatty curry is a good way to go.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Blog Entries
    DT you are really on to something here and so am I now.

I'm pretty sure curcumin, piperine's best friend is extracted in almost the exact same way. I also have some tumeric tinture so I will give this a go and see.

Blog Entries
    Yes. Curcumin just dropped out of solution. Do I need to be careful with how much water I add? I kind of just hosed down the pepper till it all went white and now I've got it on the stove for a bit. Should it get a bit gluggy or something when its ready for filtering?

I'm not sure how much water to use so maybe I'll just use enough that half the solution precipitates on the tumeric.

This method is quite golden really. Its a further way to purify an alcoholic tincture and separate things that are non water soluble. Its allowing us to isolate certain beneficial salts such as we are doing here. And, it allows someone like myself who utilizes different methods to basically RAMP up other alchemical preparations by adding the key ingredients if those happen to be the non-water soluble components. Definitely could help give a stone both the kick to be effective and that beautiful crystalline structure to look nice and appealing.

Your little marble stones look interesting, however I'm looking for nice crystals that can be cast into beautiful shapes. Shapes that will correspond with the planetary sphere of that plant. But that's just to look pretty really.

Blog Entries
    Pinine can be extracted using this method from rosemary, sage and pine sap.

Pinine is used in traditional Chinese medicine as an anti cancer tool and there have been studies that suggested a 40% reduction in melanoma in mice.

A very simple process and yet look at everything we can do with it!! Well done DT!! This one has to go into the Spagyrics book!!

Edit: also, I think you were right about adding a little heat to the black pepper water-alco tincture. My tincture was a more green rather than yellow but the heat really brought out the yellow colour of the piperine. I've put it in the fridge now to help drop out more precipitate. I did about a 2 part water to 1 part tincture. I don't want too much water because then I'll dissolve some piperine and other shit I don't want.

Blog Entries
    One final thing. If tumeric essential oil is added (sesquiterpenoids) then the bioavailability of curcumin is greatly enhanced again. This is some serious fire power when trying to solve serious issues such as rhumetoid arthritis for example.

Sweet, nice to know about bombing tumeric and pine. I'm trying to dry some of this spent pepper at the moment, and it's being fussy. Been at 90C all night and it's still jelly, hehe. Well, there's some crunchy bits too.

On water, I basically added all I needed until the tincture went "all cloud," like that picture on the first page is basically just before the final splash of water. It really needs to coagulate a little before filtering because the particles are so small, I think they pass right through coffee filters. I did this by setting up for 24-48 hours and letting them crystallize a bit further where they could get trapped.

Still waiting on my recrystallization to dry. I added a tiny piece for nucleation and it didn't dissolve, so hopefully we'll be seeing them soon. I hope. The solution is almost gone, lol. I've got some more cedar, it's a hot herb too. I'm not sure if it had salts added to it or not, but I'll try water bombing some of it later to see if it acts like it's evergreen bretheren. What kind of sage are you using? You have a latin name for that one by chance? There's all kinds of unrelated "sages" out there, especially in common speake.

yep, add Red Cedar (Juniperus Virginiana) to the list. I had a completed "spagyric" (just tincture plus leeched salts) laying in the back of my cabinet. Adding the salts drops a red mist that coats the bottom of the glass, this I new. Even so, the tincure still bombs. about 1:1 water was added. Cool.

The only "ingredients" I can find about cedar at the moment are components of the essential oil, so that might not be what I'm seeing. It has a light coffee color. I'll dig into the pine component later and see if it's is the same thing that you found there.

Blog Entries
    Just putting my piperine down to dry now. I actually filtered it before the partial size grew and now it looks like I'll be getting some pretty pure crystals. Lovely colour. Its surprising what a little warmth can do some times.

Do you think the heat helped to coagulate it a little bit? So far, for me these tincture bombs look like emulsions. I was actually surprised that I could filter the solution at all the first time (after letting it stand at room temp), and a lot of milky yellow still passed through even a double coffee filter.

+ Reply to Thread