Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hypnosis

Hypnosis

I'm the light. Hypnosis and ascetism seem to have a grand relationship to eachother, both being a manipulation of trance states.
    Ascetism is focused more on the self.
    Hypnosis usually has someone assisting.
    Self hypnosis is hypothetically ascetism.
    As such I wish to start a topic on self hypnosis.

The two being relatively the same, western method may assist in delivering quicker results when delving into eastern principles.
    Hypnosis itself seems a bit difficult to research. There is much convoluted information.
    The idea the a person cannot by hypnotized agienst their will is itself a hypnotic suggestion.

The goal of this thread is not what is and isn't hypnosis.
    Hypnosis is obviously manipulation of Trance states.
    The goal of this thread is how to utilize known methods in order to increase efficiency of self hypnosis.
    To increase efficiency through understanding of western methods.
    Self hypnosis is much more difficult than hypnosis of another.
    Hypnosis of self through self hypothetically can lead to mastery of self on all aspects of self.
    Why? Because in short it is the bypassing of the analytical self an influence of the believing self.
    Yet if brought deeper it can hypothetically influence the physiologicy of the self as well.
    Arts like avishkara are based off of this.
    Anyway. Comments and opinions are highly welcome.
    Formerly known as Avaar186.

Blog Entries
    From what I remember of my early day attempts, one way into a self hypnotic state is to use calm deep breathing and visualise yourself walking down a flight of stairs into your inner cave. With each step you tell yourself you are becoming more and more relaxed until you finally reach a state of inner relaxation and in this state the mind is more suggest able to autosuggestion. "I am a non smoker" for example.

When using self hypnotic techniques it is especially important to speak in the affirmative, and not in the negative, such as 'don't' 'can't 'won't'. Apparently these words do not serve the purposes of the subconscious mind and can have unwanted effects. Statements suggested to the subconscious should be forceful positive commands. I Will Purify Myself, in fact, that last statement reminded me of another important point relative to trance state auto-suggestions which is that the commands should be in the present tense. I AM Purifying Myself. So scratch the last one. Always present tense, so as not to give the subconscious any TIME to mess you around and procrastinate your actions.

Thank you for bringing this up, I might give this a go tonight I hadn't thought about this in a long time. Cheers.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

The basic relaxation technique of: Differential relaxation briefly tensing muscle groups and relaxing them, then comparing the difference in these to the same muscle group on the other side of the body. Doing each pair of muscle groups alternately until when you compare them they are are not different, they are both fully relaxed all nervous ticks etc gone. Once completed suggesting to yourself you are hypnotised and X is the suggestion. Understanding there is no discreet border between hypnotic and fully conscious state and not to be discouraged by a sudden startlement the first few times you enter a hypnotic state.

These are generally things a reputable hypnotherapist will train the client in doing for themselves. The objective being for the client to eventually not require the hypnotherapist because the client can do it fully for themselves.

Blog Entries
    I was going to mention that a pre-relaxation workout would assist in the effects. Also an actual physical workout before the relaxation will also greatly increase the depth and speed at which you relax.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

According to Eastern teachings, there are 4 states of consciousness, one of which is the defected perception of ordinary men, the other one - is perception in dreams, third one - is perception in mind (crudely speaking, languages of western people have proper words for this), fourth one is totally unknown to western people.

That's if we speak about states of consciousness.

However, whatever is being called as hypnosis in West is simply a lower forms of Mohana practice in the East, it is practice of casting delusion on other people (so they see things which aren't actually there). So, acts of self-hypnosis or "self-Mohana" might lead to nothing else but self-delusion...

When hypnosis is done in order to control people - it is actually totally different series of practices, which captivates person, so he'd do the will of the operator.

Ascetism is a defected Western word, which initially meant "spiritual practice", which in itself is somewhat defected combination of words. There are special highly dangerous and forbidden practices of "ascetism", when you try to combine totally opposite things (like, in example, washing young girls, while being extremely full of lust and... controlling yourself just to push your mind far beyond the insanity) to provoke "explosion" for some specific purposes.

There are also ascetic practices of eating feces and drinking urine, which serve somewhat different goal - recognizing how deluded are everyone in this world, attaching labels on what is "good", what is "bad", what is "disgusting", and that there are actually no such divisions in actual world: recognition through practice, which in itself leads to very interesting things.

So when people start throwing around word "ascetism", I feel very uneasy about it. Words like "occult practices" seem to be much better suiting.

In conclusion: "Ascetism", Self-Delusion (not sure why someone would do something like that, only if out of ignorance), Control of others or different states of consciousness - are all totally different things. If we speak about states of consciousness (probably the most relevant thing to Original Post), it starts from becoming aware in dream and has many phases, various shortcuts, etc. But initial step is pretty much: becoming aware in dream.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmheart View Post
    However, whatever is being called as hypnosis in West is simply a lower forms of Mohana practice in the East, it is practice of casting delusion on other people (so they see things which aren't actually there). So, acts of self-hypnosis or "self-Mohana" might lead to nothing else but self-delusion...
    There is SO much more to hypnotic states than this. The above example sounds like stage hypnosis, and even good stage hypnosis can go beyond "creating delusions" (like for example, people seeing what actually IS there, even if it is hidden from their direct view/line of sight).

washing young girls, while being extremely full of lust
    Sounds like those spiritual practices are reserved exclusively for hetero male pedophiles

But initial step is pretty much: becoming aware in dream.
    Becoming aware in a dream, IMO, is quite interesting, but not very useful from the perspective of Spiritual Liberation. One merely switches awareness/wakefulness from one dream to another, while still remaining anchored in Dream-Land. The key, as I see it, is to "Lift the Anchor" completely and to wake up in the "In-Between" (between states, between dreams, "between the pixels", so to speak) and STAY "there". Over the last 20 years, I have had only a handful of experiences in this state. It is truly astonishing. Gotta go now, but perhaps I will share some of them at a later time... Disclaimer: My experiences are not Randy-Verified.

Edited: deleted some off-topic.

I can recommend Vijnanabhairava with comments of Singh, which can give lifetimes worth of experience, which far surpass most of other similar books on the subject. Book might be hard to read, but once its concepts are grasped, you will find yourself with tons of highly valuable practices. I think this is as close and relevant material to what is being sought by OP.
    Last edited by Warmheart; 12-26-2017 at 07:51 AM.

Blog Entries
    Edited: deleted some off-topic.
    Your "off-topics" are rarely actually "off-topic", and even if there's only a tangential connection, IMO it can serve to broaden the scope of the original topic.

Thanks, your input is always appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    Your "off-topics" are rarely actually "off-topic", and even if there's only a tangential connection, IMO it can serve to broaden the scope of the original topic.
    I wrote something that I'm afraid I shouldn't write, so I quickly deleted it
    Your experience will be very interesting to read, and I think it has connection to 3rd state of consciousness out of aforementioned 4.

Blog Entries
    I wrote something that I'm afraid I shouldn't write, so I quickly deleted it
    Your experience will be very interesting to read, and I think it has connection to 3rd state of consciousness out of aforementioned 4.
    Would you please elaborate your definition of those 4 states?

If you feel it's off-topic, you can always create a new thread such as "The Four States of Consciousness", where we can discuss this further

+ Reply to Thread