Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Closed Thread

Thread: Unsubscribe please.

Unsubscribe please.

I no longer wish to be part of this please unsubscribe me.

Blog Entries

Administrative Post

Quote Originally Posted by Axismundi000 View Post
    You can either stay a member and stop posting - or be banned.

Please inform us here which one you choose.

Edit: There is also the 'Guest' option (technically same as 'Banned' but with a more 'politically correct' word), but you will have to PM Awani for this one.
    Last edited by Andro; 12-27-2017 at 02:59 PM.

Blog Entries
    Also, maybe it's a good idea to reconsider...

It's just an online forum after all (as you have said yourself more than once), many of your contributions are quite valuable IMO and you have participated in some very good exchanges so far.

All of us have to deal with various degrees of 'online adversity', and I've had my fair share of this as well. Yet, I'm still here.

The value of the exchanges here far outweigh the "stressors" IMO, whether real or projected/imagined.

So I am personally suggesting to you to reconsider

I'm not going to ban you. You can just stop logging in/reading/posting, if no longer interested.

If you want to be technically removed from forum membership and posting access, PM Awani to do so, by replacing your current posting status with "Guest". Looks better than "Banned"...

Blog Entries
    Ironically your "posts" are slaves to the forum... they will never be removed. We can only delete or ban your "name" (as Andro mentions).

See: a rule you all should be aware of (your post is final)

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

I agree that in the heat of the moment, we may say/do things we later regret and to that point, I hope Axis reconsiders. Looks like Andro has already 'opened' the door for Axis.

Also, I used to run my own vbulletin forum many years ago and I thought there were many alternatives to 'banned' and 'deleted'. IMO labeling Axis as 'banned' is not in the spirit of what's going on here.

Blog Entries
    If a member wants his account deleted it will say "guest" to all his posts. Some have asked in the past to be banned (or we ban due to various reasons)... in either case it says "banned". Then some people die, and then it says "r.i.p.".

We can call it whatever we like, but these are the options. No need to do extra work. If a person wants to be deleted we will do so, and instead of "user name", it will say "guest".

No one is going to ban anyone, and if someone is banned we don't talk about it in public... they are simply banned. The reason Andro uttered the word "banned", was in order to explain the options... BECAUSE the only way to delete the actual posts is to do it manually (over 600 posts in his case = forget about that)... and even if there is a button that would delete all his posts, it will ruin the forum because it will not make sense... kind of like ripping out certain pages from a book.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    This is the simple answer:

1. if you do not want to post anymore then don't
    2. we can delete your username so it says "guest" on all your posts [irreversible decision on your part]
    3. we do not delete posts

[thread locked]

Closed Thread