Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: The Dry Path of Alchemy

Blog Entries
    Simple and honest question:

Has anyone working with wood tar/bio-tar or dry distillation of plant matters ever obtained a "secret solvent" able to act on metals, more specifically to open and re-incrudate gold?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    Has anyone working with wood tar/bio-tar or dry distillation of plant matters ever obtained a "secret solvent" able to act on metals, more specifically to open and re-incrudate gold?
    At the moment, my research in this area is aimed towards alchemo-spagyric medicines. So unfortunately I have nothing to say about the dry distillate’s effects on metals or gold.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by True Initiate View Post
    So the books are already out??? The only problem is i can't find them anywhere for purchase. Are they so limited?
    A google search shows some information for this book from the "National Library of Australia":

https://trove.nla.gov.au/work/187077...on=NBD52191902
    There is an "order copies" button there but it doesn't work. I can't understand if they have the book in the library or not.

It seems also that there exists a download link in this site:
    http://emelybooks.com/download/the-dry-path-of-alchemy/
    or here:
    http://bookdownloadforfree.com/link/...th-of-alchemy/
    but I doubt they are serious sites.

This is only pre-publication record. It was never published in english.

I have managed to track down only two promotional pdfs in spanish and one in english.

You can download them here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/9cxrbh...April_2014.pdf

http://www.mediafire.com/file/frzj21...April_2014.pdf
    Formerly known as True Puffer

Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    Simple and honest question:

Once you know what Elements are in the secret solvent you can refine the modus of preparation and get the Elements from other sources. The Elements involved are easiest to obtain all together by the dry distillation of biomass. The Fifth Element is included with the other four by Nature.

The simple vegetable menstrum when all the Elements are purified and joined will act on metals, copper and iron I have seen without any preparation of the Cu and Fe. Gold requires further experimentation and augmentation of the simple vegetable menstrum. For such types of experimentation I study Ripley mostly though Weidenfeld is great if you get Ripley. Cyliani is good also.

Secret solvents are always prepared from the matter you are working with, whatever the starting matter was.
    Formerly known as True Puffer

Quote Originally Posted by z0 K View Post
    Once you know what Elements are in the secret solvent you can refine the modus of preparation and get the Elements from other sources. The Elements involved are easiest to obtain all together by the dry distillation of biomass. The Fifth Element is included with the other four by Nature.
    Now that I'm farther into my own process, I am seeing more and more, connections between my extractions and what I've seen in your videos and other readings on dry distillation. It seems that it all starts the same, separation of a black earth, a red(ish) wine, and a white salt. I agree that chemical curiosity in these things is fruitless beyond a certain point, I was only pointing out that similar "materials," even chemical ones seem to come out of organic substances by different processes. Heat the earth strongly, and it will swell and vomit up toxicity. Purification of the Sulphur seems simple, but in practice, it's a pain until you know the "right" process to get at "the good stuff"

You start with one thing, and end up with a handful of separated things, trying to apply elemental theory to them, discovering their physical features (color, smell, taste, resistance to heating). You said "Once you know what elements are in the secret solvent," and even with the simplest of preparations, there are many to pick from and many ways to interpret them, purify them, and combine them. I'll have to look up some Ripley texts. I've mostly only seen the scrolls with pictures on them, and those always warrant further examination.

In my opinion, where I am at the moment, the right process is far more important than the right "starting material." Figuring out which pieces are truly representative of which elements. Perhaps I should start testing these things that I construct against metals, instead of sniffing and tasting. I have plenty of elemental copper lying around.

Quote Originally Posted by True Initiate View Post
    Secret solvents are always prepared from the matter you are working with, whatever the starting matter was.
    Nice "philosophical" fairy tale. Too bad that empirical reality is very different from such speculative fantasies and the correct matters to work with are of crucial importance to be able to prepare the secret solvent of alchemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon's Tail View Post
    Now that I'm farther into my own process, I am seeing more and more, connections between my extractions and what I've seen in your videos and other readings on dry distillation. It seems that it all starts the same, separation of a black earth, a red(ish) wine, and a white salt. I agree that chemical curiosity in these things is fruitless beyond a certain point, I was only pointing out that similar "materials," even chemical ones seem to come out of organic substances by different processes. Heat the earth strongly, and it will swell and vomit up toxicity. Purification of the Sulphur seems simple, but in practice, it's a pain until you know the "right" process to get at "the good stuff"

You start with one thing, and end up with a handful of separated things, trying to apply elemental theory to them, discovering their physical features (color, smell, taste, resistance to heating). You said "Once you know what elements are in the secret solvent," and even with the simplest of preparations, there are many to pick from and many ways to interpret them, purify them, and combine them. I'll have to look up some Ripley texts. I've mostly only seen the scrolls with pictures on them, and those always warrant further examination.

In my opinion, where I am at the moment, the right process is far more important than the right "starting material." Figuring out which pieces are truly representative of which elements. Perhaps I should start testing these things that I construct against metals, instead of sniffing and tasting. I have plenty of elemental copper lying around.
    There will come a point in your investigations where you will (painfully, at your own expense of time and money, as it happened to countless other seekers throughout history) realize that you can't make either the Stone or the secret solvent with "only one thing" (in the literal sense that expression MALICIOUSLY wants to fool you into thinking) and also that identifying the correct substances (notice the PLURAL) to work with is in fact crucial and not some "triviality" subordinated to the "modus operandi".

hi
    to well understand the true key for as we must made the external solvent secret philosophical and or the SVP etc (as i always say in many my posts ) is very good study very deep prodromus of weidenfeld

https://www.scribd.com/document/3416...ibri-Secundi-1

here all book but it is all in latin sorry

https://books.google.it/books?id=CIx...ecundi&f=false

my best regard alfr

but nb also the solvent philosophical is possible have by same matters in alchemy way method an matter are many see text and manuscript RC the thesauro thesaurorun, the toeltius, the secret exatsi of federico gualdi, etc etc nb in alchemy there are many matters many way and many method
    Last edited by alfr; 01-15-2018 at 04:38 AM.

+ Reply to Thread