Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 12 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 204

Thread: The Secret Solvent

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bridger Mountains
    Posts
    1,869
    Blog Entries
    4
    Based off my theoretical research, the secret solvent ought to exist in all things, because it ”dissolves” all things. Or dissolves into them. Also, being incombustible, it should be driven out of matter when that matter goes through combustion; though not being the only thing driven out. Of course this is looking at things from the bottom up.

    From this, I’m hypothesizing that when plant matter is burnt, it blackens because the solvent is first set to work before being driven out. Either this, or Fire is the secret solvent. An incombustible thing which opens and “dissolves” all things.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    856
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    Another mistaken notion is that the solvent of alchemy remains exactly the same as it was even after it dissolves something, that it does not join with what it dissolved, and thus can be reused indefinitely. That is a confusion.

    That is also the reason why it is HOPELESS to try to make the Stone without this secret solvent, as it forms an integral part of its final mass.
    JDP,

    Do you have any experience with our Secret/Universal Solvent?

    Have you ever utilized it in your Work?

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    519
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiorionis View Post
    Based off my theoretical research, the secret solvent ought to exist in all things, because it ”dissolves” all things. Or dissolves into them. Also, being incombustible, it should be driven out of matter when that matter goes through combustion; though not being the only thing driven out. Of course this is looking at things from the bottom up.

    From this, I’m hypothesizing that when plant matter is burnt, it blackens because the solvent is first set to work before being driven out. Either this, or Fire is the secret solvent. An incombustible thing which opens and “dissolves” all things.
    Interesting to hear you say this. I've considered a LOT whether "our Mercury" actually referred to fire itself. Or more generally, that Mercury is a process more than a physical thing.

    Lately I've been tinkering with the idea that a "water that does not wet the hands" is actually a solid at room temp, and must be liquefied (by melting) to be used in the work. In that case, flasks aren't as important as crucibles This would also fit the description that every metal is born of its own mercury. Take iron ore for instance. Pop it in a smelter without access to much air with coal (our bituminous matter) heat it up, the coal persists with the fire, the slag (or feculance) drops out, and we are left with a spongey black mass that must be worked (hammered) into an ingot, to receive a more perfect mineral: iron. Actually in that case it would be a certain grade of steel, depending on the ingredients and smelting process. Something worth some meditation for sure.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    286
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiorionis View Post
    Based off my theoretical research, the secret solvent ought to exist in all things, because it ”dissolves” all things. Or dissolves into them. Also, being incombustible, it should be driven out of matter when that matter goes through combustion; though not being the only thing driven out. Of course this is looking at things from the bottom up.

    From this, I’m hypothesizing that when plant matter is burnt, it blackens because the solvent is first set to work before being driven out. Either this, or Fire is the secret solvent. An incombustible thing which opens and “dissolves” all things.
    Fire and Water penetrate. Earth and Air coagulate. Fire is the Universal Solvent but not the Secret Solvent. That is an artful menstruum regulated by Fire in which Air and Earth coagulate Philosophical Matter in the vessel of our Blessed Water.

    For plants the Earth of plants is in the menstruum. For metals the earth of metals is in the menstruum. This according to Dunstan. Ripley and Kelley both had copies of Dunstan's book. Both maintained that Exact Piece of Philosophy. I'm working on it now getting the starting matter ready to expose the Elements described following the protocols of that Piece of Philosophy.

    Mistakes will be made hammering out the process but it all starts with the matter of the Secret Solvent.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,818
    Blog Entries
    48
    Sol is His father, Luna is His mother.

    Fire, Air, Water, and Earth, are regulatory phase changes uniquely specialized to the evolution of matter.

    What has evolved all plants, animals, minerals and metals here on earth? Sol & Luna, regulated elementally, in order that all will grow into a life sustaining balance.

    We use extremes in order to bend and snap our chemical understanding into one of higher Hermetic Knowledge.

    We use a balanced quad-polar Square, which is our Malkuth, in order to nurture, grow and mature this Celestial Child.

    No things hold this Solvent. It is the solvent that holds and penetrates all other things. Nothing is the solvent and yet nothing would exist without it. It is the source of all things philosophical, it is that which all things seek to have, albeit ignorantly, and foolishly poison themselves with its infinite particulars.

    We are told, and with certainty it is true, that all is condensed light.
    We are told, and with certainty without doubt, that all metals have conjealed from these celestial fires. So why then, do you look toward anything bar Sol & Luna, since we are certain that all good things that were made, are made, and will henceforth be made, come from He, Their one Child, which hath only two Parents and no more. This is a celestial stone, made terrestrial through art, and it should henceforth be treated as such, and not as some abominable liquor, given to any good chymist, for God only bistows the Child, to the true Sage, and He does so from the heavens, and not from a vile assortment of acids and salts as the puffers believe.

    This is a nobal and hidden art, and the Hermetic mind only has understanding, since it is its church, its practise, its industry.

    Be Watchful.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,773
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich View Post
    JDP,

    Do you have any experience with our Secret/Universal Solvent?

    Have you ever utilized it in your Work?
    SUI (Subject Under Investigation): Several possibilities being put to the test. Trial & error and process of elimination. The only way to arrive at any correct answer. No other way. But naturally this takes a lot of time, money, patience and perseverance, no matter how many dead-ends you are confronted with. Which is why the large majority of seekers do not succeed. They tend to quit after only a few failures. Then out of frustration they tend to plunge into the realm of pure fantasy, like "many different paths" using all sorts of different substances and no secret solvent but all manner of different (common) solvents. Then they naturally fail again, but this time they try to disguise it by claiming success in making "other Stones" since, unlike the genuine Stone, their vulgar chemical concoctions do NOT transmute metals. Poppycock!

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,773
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiorionis View Post
    Based off my theoretical research, the secret solvent ought to exist in all things, because it ”dissolves” all things. Or dissolves into them.
    Kunckel's objection to this idea was very simple: such a solvent, if it really exists, would be useless, since the operator would not be able to find a vessel in which to contain it. So obviously a "universal solvent" in a true literal sense is a chimera. Some alchemists have exaggerated by using the expression "universal", but they meant it in the context of the "Great Work". It dissolves the metallic/mineral matters used in making the Stone. Obviously it will not literally dissolve "everything", like glass or ceramics, for example. If that was true, alchemy would simply be impossible to be carried out. Its own secret solvent would be impossible to use since it would not be able to be contained anywhere! (i.e. Kunckel's objection to such a claim)

  8. #18
    How crucial and important the ‘Universal Solvent’ for true Alchemy naturally is had already recognized the medicinal doctor and Rosicrucean Rudolf Johann Fridrich Schmid from Hamburg in the first half of the 18th century in his rather unknown book about the universal solvent(s) or menstrua.
    It’s full title is:

    Enchiridion alchymico-physicum sive Disquisitio de menstruis universalibus vel liquoribus alcahestinis philosophorum illorum ćque ac tincturć et lapidis philosophorum nec non viarum ad Tincturam Metallorum ducentium distinctam cognitionem generatim suppeditans, et hoc modo totius philosophić pyrotechnicć fundamenta philosophorum auctoritate, experientia, pariter et firmissimis rationibus fulta ante oculos ponens in philochimicorum gratiam non minus ac pyrosophić secretoris incrementum adornatum atque editum a Rud. Jo. Frid. Schmidio Medicinae Doctore & Practico.

    http://digital.slub-dresden.de/werkansicht/dlf/32469/5/

    I think Schmid’s book could be a good starter for the subject, however, even Schmid didn’t know how to make the secret solvent or didn’t mention it.
    Unfortunately there is no English translation however there might be around a contemporary German translation …

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    489
    Therse is also a quite detailled recipie for the secret solvent in Salomon Trismosins Aureum Vellus.

    He uses Mercury, Alum, Saltpeter destilled together with ethanol. With NaCl and gold leafs you are supposed to get the stone.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Florius Frammel View Post
    Therse is also a quite detailled recipie for the secret solvent in Salomon Trismosins Aureum Vellus.

    He uses Mercury, Alum, Saltpeter destilled together with ethanol. With NaCl and gold leafs you are supposed to get the stone.
    Could lead to a very dirty kind of royal water ...

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts