Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Desmanthus Illinoensis

Blog Entries

Desmanthus Illinoensis

Desmanthus Illinoensis.

Desmanthus illinoensis (commonly known as Illinois bundleflower, prairie-mimosa or prickleweed) is a common plant in many areas of the south central and Midwestern US. It can often be found growing on the sides of roads, needing full sun and ample moisture during its short growing season.

Root bark of D. illinoensis has been found to contain N,N-DMT, NMT, N-hydroxy-N-methyltryptamine, 2-hydroxy-N-methyltryptamine, and gramine (toxic). - source

If mixed with an MAOI inhibitor you can produce a psychedelic drink called prairiehuasca, which is an analog of the shamanic brew ayahuasca. But the DMT can also be extracted and smoked.

The root bark, according to Terence McKenna, has the highest concentration of DMT in any plant yet discovered. The bark when scraped off is a bit reddish, and the red bits is actually the DMT.

It can be VERY dangerous to ingest an MAOI inhibitor + DMT if you don't know what you are doing... but according to what I have now learned 2 grams of an MAOI inhibitor should be fine. However I take no responsibility.

I thought it was worth mentioning this plant, since it has such a high content plus it's a weed, so it should be easy to cultivate a life supply of it.

There are a few people here in the forum living in the south central and Midwestern U, where this plant is common. And for those people Down Under just use THIS.

Last edited by Awani; 01-24-2018 at 05:55 PM.
    Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Good to know!
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Excellent information!

Blog Entries
    I'm not a fan of DMT, but looking up the name helped me to identify a relative that I couldn't find before, a type of mimosa family plant that makes pink puffballs with yellow tinges. I've been calling them firework plants, as they grow on top of my hill between the cedar and hardwood forests. They're called "sensative briars" and apparently the seedpods explode to scatter the seeds. I think I've seen these too in the bottomlands, will keep an eye out for them. Those red seeds them make look pretty awesome. Does the plant have a Mars association by chance?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon's Tail View Post
    I'm not a fan of DMT...
    I assume you mean "smoking it"?

And why not? Too short and quick?

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    I assume you mean "smoking it"?

And why not? Too short and quick?

Really just no experience. I'm in a habit of avoiding chemicals that people abbreviate
    just not my thing.

Either way, I'm happy that it led me to my flower, and I'm pretty sure that I've seen the seed pods before, so it caught my attention. My property is pretty well smack in the middle of it's range on the map I saw.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon's Tail View Post
    I'm in a habit of avoiding chemicals that people abbreviate
    Well you cannot really avoid it, since you have it inside you. LOL. Chemical does not equal unnatural.

Besides, it only takes 10 minutes to know for sure if it is your thing or not. Wink wink.

Blog Entries
    I wonder what process produces it in our bodies, and if perfection of that process could tell us a great deal more than taking a short-cut

Probably not where you saw this thread going, but that comment stirred my philosophical musings. What part of the body manufactures DMT? Why is it manufactured? And is there a method (pain, exhaustion, fasting, copious amounts of water, extreme meditation or physical exertion) that can bring about this process. I was in Cross Country as a kid, and we talked about "runners high" which was attributed to the synthesis of ethanol in humans... if I recall correctly. Some meditations in the past have spurred very powerful visual and emotional episodes. Projection of will has allowed me great strength for brief moments. OBE was spontaneously trigged by extraction of a broken molar without painkillers (interesting experience to say the least). Sometimes the best medicine can be made inside the inner lab, without taking a "single other thing" from nature.

Just some food for thought, ideas to mull around, answers to be sought.

Blog Entries
    Science don't know for certain I don't think, but it has been suggested it is made in the brain (pineal gland)... and may have a function in the dream creation process. Only a theory but DMT is probably released in large amounts at birth and in death, in order to ease the transition.

Legalize EVERY substance, so we can study shit without having to use stealth. Politicians are morons, where I live they have made DMT illegal and class it as a health risk. LOL. That is like saying jerking off or scratching your ass is a health risk.

+ Reply to Thread