Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Freedom is madness

I think its healthy to dip into the subconciousness every so often.
    Awani, what you are describing is almost like what happens in an Irish pub on a Friday night when a group of friends meet.

Its like an agreed alcoholic Eucharist, after which the subconscious of everyone is unshackled and allowed go on stage while the consciousness is encouraged to take a back seat.... and then in the morning the conscious mind is back in control. I dont see anything wrong with that at all.

Maybe alcoholic consumption is the only type of entheogen left - a remnant of an older entheogenic tradition which has mostly now died out.

A little bit of temporary madness might be a good thing

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thoth View Post
    Awani, what you are describing is almost like what happens in an Irish pub on a Friday night when a group of friends meet.
    LOL. I highly doubt that. Again my skill in conveying what I mean is appalling.

Quote Originally Posted by thoth View Post
    ...while the consciousness is encouraged to take a back seat.... and then in the morning the conscious mind is back in control...
    The madness I am speaking of require no substance, and it is as sane and as clear and conscious as anything can be... in fact it would be the height of supreme awareness. The problem with society is that it is DRUNK.

Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    Isn't family also a social structure of sorts? Many animals only "familiarize" during mating season... Get the offspring going and get on with other stuff... Perhaps "friendships" are also social structures? Maybe it would be better to call them "alliances", based on simple principles of value exchange?
    Friends and family is the only "sane" thing in the insanity of the madness of this world. But in my own madness "friends and family" might become afraid or worried about it...

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    I have been thinking the whole day on what I tried to convey in this thread... and no matter how I phrase it in my head it just sounds like the words of some asshole... or some conceited cunt... so sorry... I cannot think of any other way to say it:

I feel like I have to pretend to be more stupid than I am in order to make sure smooth sailing ahead in ANY situation I find myself in. Because the "sane" behaviour of a human being, what some call the norm, is stupid. Yes you can go outside the box... but not too far... not as far as I would like to go. Not as far as I am going in my solitude. Like I said in the beginning of this thread: it feels like driving with your foot on the break pedal...

And it is driving me insane.

Last edited by Awani; 01-26-2018 at 01:42 AM. Reason: never-ending attempts at clarity
    Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    Actually it should be Madness is freedom...

Weird... your first post is a literal description of different things that one of my closest friends has done. Each one of the examples is something he has done.
    Then again, he is technically "mad".

I do not think he is "free". I know his greatest wish would be to be "not-mad" (but he can't... though it's like a sine wave, but not in the same sense that Andro explained which is different... a sine wave that goes from "acting in a more or less expected way" to "it's a good idea to get naked at the cinema, pee in front of everyone and give a talk about freedom")

Madness isn't freedom... and "mad" is not something you do, but something you are.
    The mind of a person who is REALLY mad simply works different, but it is not more "free" than the mind of a typical neurotic (which is what most of us are).

Blog Entries
    There are 2 types:

1. people who are mad, and classed mad by normal society... but are more sane than society will ever be
    2. people who are mad across the board

I am talking about the first type. You are talking about the second type. Perhaps the difference between the two is being able to step on the breaks (to keep with that allegory)?

I think this thread has gone mad... or maybe I am?

Perhaps the feeling of madness is that I cannot communicate what I mean... language is in the way.

I give up.

Blog Entries
    I think i understand what you are trying to say Awani, but it is indeed pretty hard for me to express it as well.

But i think whats throwing people off is the word "madness". I think we can agree on defining a person as mad when he is "not acting in accordance with reality". For example when you try to slap a fairy that only you can see and only you can hear, and which is OBJECTIVELY, not there, then you are mad.

My experience of "freedom is madness" is looking outside the box in which society and the world functions and realizing all these other possibilities, which then in turn tempt you to indulge in, like masturbating in the middle of public square.

Blog Entries
    Yes probably, Amon. And the masturbation thing was just an extreme example (although what is so wrong with dropping loads all over town).

When Nicolai Tesla "created" electricity he was considered a mad man. When Dave Chappelle walked away from 50 million dollars people accused him of being a crack head. Vincent van Gogh was committed in an insane asylum where he drew his most famous master piece. These are celebrity examples of people who follow their heart, and not giving a fuck about the rest of the world. Again these are also extreme examples. The same kind of behaviour is present in the small microcosmic decision of everyday life... you don't have to invent something to go against the grain.

I guess what it comes down to, for me, is sometimes I just want to walk up to some stranger on the street... grab him by his shirt and tell him that he should stop pretending to be an adult, or the very least not take it so seriously. Also other peoples behaviour and life is not my responsibility, and I don't have the right... but it would be cool to manufacture a few gallons of LSD and pour it into the water pipes of the government buildings. LOL.

There is a term in the black community that I really like, and what I really want to see in all aspects of society: keeping it real

There is almost none of that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    There is a term in the black community that I really like, and what I really want to see in all aspects of society: keeping it real
    Define "real".

Depending on the definition, you and JDP may have something in common after all

Blog Entries
    keeping it real

Not being fake or influenced. Being true to yourself and your values, but more importantly, being true to innate values that all people acknowledge as respectable. Not frontin, or inhibiting yourself or pretending to be something your not; but also not following dominant values that should not be acceptable. - source

I think this is the main reason Trump won and is so popular, amongst the part of the world that does not hate him. That is because even though he might not be 100 % real, he is still "keeping it more real" than all the politicians that came before him. I think many resonate with this. For the record I don't like Trumps politics, but I do like it when he "keeps it real"... like calling countries in Africa "shitholes". That's what he feels. Some of them are shitholes*, and yet it might not be the PC thing to say... but what is PC?

Speaking polite and avoiding how you really feel, and then behind closed doors make plans on how to fuck over those shit hole countries? That is pseudo-PC = 99 % of the world these days

* often shitholes because the West made them shitholes
    Last edited by Awani; 01-26-2018 at 05:50 PM.

Blog Entries
    innate values that all people acknowledge as respectable
    Could you name a few?

+ Reply to Thread