Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Le Clefs du Cabinet Hérmetique

Quote Originally Posted by Philosophical View Post
    Just ordered my copy, hopefully shipping from NZ to Australia isn't so bad (Not holding my breath though!). Huge thanks to Illen and JDP for your hard work of finding, getting it scanned and translating the manuscript. May the sweat of all your labors be returned to you as an abundance of sweet nectar!

Much looking forward to the upcoming discussion about what this manuscript reveals of our understandings of the Art.
    Thanks, Philosophical! That is my greatest hope - that there will be discussion about what the book reveals once it has been read.

Blog Entries
    Hi Illen,

It's been more than a month since ordering, and nothing arrived yet. Not questioning their reliability, just wondering what's happening...

Quote Originally Posted by Illen A. Cluf View Post
    Hi Andro, Happy New Year! I'm not sure how long it will take, but the Publisher told us: "I will most likely begin processing orders in the first week of January, which will give us time to make any last minute amendments should we notice anything seriously amiss once the hard copies arrive."

Also, I believe the Printer is in New Zealand, and I know for a fact that mail between North America and Australia is slow and unpredictable (thus New Zealand as well), It took a couple of weeks for me to receive my copies, which arrived a week ago, December 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    Hi Illen,

It's been more than a month since ordering, and nothing arrived yet. Not questioning their reliability, just wondering what's happening...
    Hi Andro,

Coincidentally, I was just going to provide an update tonight.

We received proof copies to make a final review, and some of us noticed several few minor errors, some of them related to the final format. We've been back and forth, agreeing on, and correcting, these errors over the last couple of weeks. This was just completed yesterday.

Unfortunately, we were waiting for one of the other authors to receive his copies, which he never received. They were redirected, but the Postal Service, as often happens, messed up communications, and they sent all the books back to the Publisher.

They've been resent, but this author has not yet received them.

Because of the time factor, the Publisher just today has informed us that he has decided to reprint the book based on the edits he's received so far and not wait for the other author to receive the Proof and review it. Since the book was VERY carefully reviewed, it is not likely that the other author will find any additional errors, and if so, they will likely be very minor.

Thus they should be printed very shortly and likely available by next week. Once I get a confirmation, I will pass it along.

We're very sorry for the delay, but we thought that the time to perfect this book was worthwhile.

The book will be of a very professional/academic standard with copious notes, a Preface, a lengthy and informative Introduction, a transcription and translation, a lengthy Appendix, and a Bibliography (about 250 pages in total).

~Illen

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the update!

I ordered on Amazon, and they say estimated delivery date is in March

Quote Originally Posted by thoth View Post
    I ordered on Amazon, and they say estimated delivery date is in March
    I have just written to the Publisher for clarification on the status of the books in terms of printing and delivery.

An update will be provided as soon as I hear back.

Illen

I have just heard back from the Publisher. This is what he said:

"I'll upload the files to the printer today and we should be ready to send copies early next week. I'll let you know as soon as it's live. Amazon orders should follow once it's live, but I cannot ultimately control Amazon's delivery, only the availability of the title."

Blog Entries
    For those curious, I just received an email indicating that my copy of the book has shipped. Ordered off of Rubedo’s website, not Amazon.

So we all should be getting copies soon! Haha
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiorionis View Post
    I just received an email indicating that my copy of the book has shipped. Ordered off of Rubedo’s website, not Amazon.
    Same here.

I just found out minutes ago that the book is indeed "live". I guess some of you found that out long before I did :-)

I'm anxiously waiting for the re-edited version.

+ Reply to Thread