Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Le Clefs du Cabinet Hérmetique

Hi everyone!

I saw the posts about the translation of this excellent book which is "The Key to the Hermetic Cabinet" and I wanted to make my humble contribution to this fascinating manuscript.

First of all, I would like to thank the efforts of JDP and Illen A. Cluf: their efforts and both their philosophical and empirical explanations about this art cause admiration in all serious students of Alchemy.

As for the content of the book itself, I already had the opportunity to read it and I would like to add my humble opinion on the subject.

It is an extremely recommendable book for every serious student who seeks understanding and progress in the Philosophy. Although it is necessary to warn that no Alchemy book sheds light on all points of the Great Work, as well as not always everything he says must be followed to the letter, as the author of the "Hermetic Cabinet" himself warns; nevertheless, this book sheds much light on several points that have always remained under the veil of mystery or at most in the field of innuendo.

It is true that the author confesses to never having operated the Work, but this is understandable given the difficulties involved. These difficulties could be summarized in four main ones and dozens of other minor ones that happen in the course of the work and the philosophers themselves warn us about them. The main four, in my opinion, are: the identity of matter, the magnet for astral fire, the works of Hercules and the correct order of philosophical operations.

The identity of the matter is a search that can last a lifetime. Many who came to discover its real identity never proceeded with the work because of all the challenges involved in fighting this dragon.

Another mystery not revealed, at least as far as I read in the texts, is the identity of the magnet that attracts the celestial fire. No matter how many matters or salts are used for this purpose, the liquors obtained do not produce the results appointed by the philosophers.

Hercules' work itself is another labyrinth from which it is necessary to know the correct way out before entering. Although the philosophers suggest the way to go, there are still many blind spots that can cause the artist to get lost on the way or even endanger his life. Cyliani himself, even after 37 years of in-depth studies, was seriously injured at this point, given the difficulties involved in dealing with this venomous dragon.

After the works of Hercules were finished, the work that philosophers say is a woman's work and child's play follows. Even the most sincere philosophers hide many things in the course of their hermetic work.

In view of all these difficulties, I am not surprised that many philosophers have stayed only in the field of theory, as was the author of "Hermetic Cabinet." I dare to say that only a rich artist, with adequate instruments and facilities, enjoying the help of an Adept who extends his hand, have a chance in this work which is called "the way of the poor."

Despite all these difficulties, the author of the "Hermetic Cabinet" is quite sincere and approaches very sincerely, but always asking us to put salt in his words, the matter of the philosophers, how to obtain the fire and a part of the works of Hercules .

This book is essential for the understanding of Fulcanelli and all the artists who deal with this work through the universal wet path.
    Last edited by Via Veritatis; 02-10-2020 at 01:50 PM.

Thank you for the kind words, V.V..

I agree that this book goes far in explaining much of the confusing text contained in many of the more allegorical and confusing alchemical books, and helps a great deal in further understanding what Fulcanelli wrote. This is definitely one of the texts Fulcanelli used and was assumed "lost" until JDP re-discovered it several years ago. As you pointed out, it doesn't reveal all of the hidden mysteries, such as the identity of the subject matter, as no alchemist would ever do so. But it sure helps narrow down the focus.

In addition to Le Clef du Cabinet Hérmetique (which is to be published by Rubedo Press this Spring), there are two other texts that Fulcanelli relied heavily on, and I strongly recommend reading them as well. They are:

1. Hermes Trismegistus Old and True Natural Path, by I.C.H., Leipzig, 1782. This was translated by Gunnar Kossatz, and published by Lulu Press in 2012.

2. Hermetic Recreations: Including the Scholium, by Anonymous, (likely written between the late-eighteenth and early nineteenth centuries). This was translated by Christer Boke and John Koopmans, with contributions from Stanislas Klossowski de Rola and Aaron Cheak and published by Rubedo Press in 2017.

This last text actually does come very close to suggesting what the subject matter might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Illen A. Cluf View Post
    This last text actually does come very close to suggesting what the subject matter might be.
    Which passages do you feel elucidate our Matter in HTOATNP?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Illen A. Cluf View Post
    1. Hermes Trismegistus Old and True Natural Path

2. Hermetic Recreations: Including the Scholium

Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich View Post
    Which passages do you feel elucidate our Matter in HTOATNP?
    He wrote "this last text", which I guess refers to "Hermetic Recreations", not to "Hermes Old Nature Path".

Blog Entries
    "Old Nature Path" appears to be quite explicit about the Magnet being sourced from Man.

"Hermetic Recreations" seems to point to some type of "clay", as both the "Matter" (in the book) and the "Magnet" (in the Scholium).

Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    "Old Nature Path" appears to be quite explicit about the Magnet being sourced from Man.
    I agree. The author suggests that the source is in man and that it is a universal spiritus mundi, like the breath of God (Odem). It is the "fire light of all creatures of the world".

This is the magnet for the universal mercury.

Stay tuned. "La Clef du Cabinet Hérmetique" will be released very soon under the English translation title: "The Key to the Hermetic Sanctum". This is the more accurate translation of the French title to English.

This will appear in a very professional layout, and will include both the French transcription (modern as well as original French words where different) and a very accurate English translation, along with a commentary.

Because of the Covid-19 situation, the Publisher will be publishing it first in a more affordable paperback version, likely available on Amazon, and then later in a limited hardback version for collectors.

I'm very excited that this book will soon become available, and look forward to relevant discussions which I am confident will elevate our understanding of the deeper mysteries.

This is one of the key texts that Fulcanelli relied upon in his study, and contains some very revealing information about alchemy.

The publisher has already produced a very attractive draft version, which we are currently reviewing. Once we have agreed on the changes, the Publisher will be arranging its publication.

This book is a companion to similar key sources used by Fulcanelli, which together reveal different aspects of the mystery. The other books include: Hermetic Recreations, Hermes Trismegistus Old and True Natural Path and Hermes Unveiled (Cyliani).

One modern alchemist, who has claimed to have discovered the secret to the Philosophers Stone, cites La Clef du Cabinet Hérmetique as one of the key alchemical books ever written.
    Last edited by Illen A. Cluf; 05-29-2020 at 07:46 PM.

Please let us know when it is published, I don't want to miss it, it seems to be a great thing. Do you have any idea what the starting price could be? Thank you very much for your valuable effort.

Who is that "modern alchemist" you mention?

Blog Entries
    Awesome Illen! Thanks for the update, I’m excited about this new translation!
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

I am happy to hear that, Illen!
    Please keep us up to date!

+ Reply to Thread